How Old Were Your Parents?

boont

Recycles dryer sheets
My father was 63 when I was born. My mother was 38.

I don't know how common that is now, or was then, but I would guess that it was never too common.

I have no bad effects from it that I know of, but I am always alert should they sprout.

boont

My parents married at 21 (mom) and 33 (dad) and had kids after 1 year, 2 years (me), and 4 years. My parents were 23 and 35 when I was born.

boont said:
I have no bad effects from it that I know of, but I am always alert should they sprout.

boont

Hey Boont,

I don't suspect that you will run into any problems if you haven't already.

The age of the mother is associated with higher risk to the child. The older the mother is the more likely there will be complications at birth as well as chromosomal disorders and motor/learning impairments.

Ponks

Mother 22 & father 26, my brother arrived when they were 25 & 29.

Spouse and I managed to deploy hold off procreation until we were 32 & 31.

My Mom and Dad were 28, 29. when my oldest brother was born, Mom 36, when I popped out, and was 45 when my youngest brother arrived. Parents had us, in Siberia, Germany, France and finally USA. Don't know if they were celebrating or relieved at arriving at their destination. Dad still kicking, although very slowly at 95 1/2.

boont said:
My father was 63 when I was born. My mother was 38.

I don't know how common that is now, or was then, but I would guess that it was never too common.

boont

Oh man, I am 62 and not too sure if I could even produce any more babies
(maybe with a hot 38 year old). We'll never know now. :)

My folks were 27 and 25 (they are 89 and 86 now). My kids were born when I was 21, 26, and 40 so I really spread 'em out.

JG

Mom 24 Dad 25 (2d Child Me). 1st Child Mom 18 Dad 19.

I know this is going off topic but, the real story in my family is my Aunt and Uncle, Dad's Brother (only uncle on Father's side of the family) and his SIL. Married at 15 (her), he was 16. Had first Child at 16 and 17 respectively. Then had 5 more of thier own and adopted one for a total of 6. He served in USMC for WWII (Pacific Theater), tried to go back for Korea; Aunt said "no way, you stay home this time". They were married for all thier adult and some teen years. Lived in Chicago until the "senior" years when they went to AZ. She died at about 65 and he at about 80; great role models, despite "young marriage, etc.," miss them both.

Mom 44
Dad 40

Parents both same age.

Married at 28
1st kid at 32
me at 35
last kid at 47
3 others in between

Our 1st kid when i was 31, DW 29

When I came along in 1943, mom was 24 and dad was 26.

Brothers arrived in 1946 and 1953.

I have 2 sons 1972 and 1974.

Dad died in 1982.

Mom aka. GG(Great Grandmother) is still with us. :)

Back
Top Bottom