nm

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..................

I look forward to the pics. BTW, Martha wanted me to tell you that the colon scope I had was a piece of cake. And it was. Just the prep work sucked. :(

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..................

DOG52 said:
Just the prep work sucked. :(

Yeah, I hear those stretching exercises are awful. :LOL:

I figured it might be OK to joke about now that its in the past.

DOG52 said:
I look forward to the pics.

Me too. And please throw in one or two of your lovely Mrs., taken from your files. :)

Ha

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..............

Cut-Throat said:
I came back from Alaska today after spending 10 days in the 'bush'. Temperatures on Kodiak was pretty consistently 50 degrees. Most people I knew in Minnesota were thinking that I was going to be freezing up there. This afternoon it is snowing here in Minneapolis - The irony - The horror. :eek:

Pics of Kodiak to follow in the next few days.

It is snowing now here. Originally we were supposed to get 8 to 11 inches, but now it looks like only 3 to 4. This is good because Greg is on a trip and I don't know how to operate the snowblower. :-[

Look forward to the Kodiak pics.

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..............

Martha said:
I don't know how to operate the snowblower. :-[
Our teenager asked us about that "snowblower" word the other day and I made her take her request to Google Images.

She was horrified.

But if you can find someone to teach her how to run it, we'd be happy to lend her to you at a low monthly rate!

Martha said:
It is snowing now here. Originally we were supposed to get 8 to 11 inches, but now it looks like only 3 to 4.

I have the a/c on right now. :)

DOG52 said:
I look forward to the pics. BTW, Martha wanted me to tell you that the colon scope I had was a piece of cake. And it was. Just the prep work sucked. :(
Do we get pics of the colonoscopy too? :) :) :)

DOG52 said:
I have the a/c on right now. :)
If it's any consolation, it's totally socked in here and raining like crazy!

sgeeeee said:
Do we get pics of the colonoscopy too? :) :) :)

My doctor has the pics. I'll give you his phone number if you like.

DOG52 said:
My doctor has the pics. I'll give you his phone number if you like.
The last time I got a colonoscopy they printed out 4 photos from the procedure and gave them to me. Of course I have no proof that the photos are actually the insides of my colon, but I kept them anyway. I was thinking of making prints and sending them out as Christmas presents. :) :) :)

sgeeeee said:
The last time I got a colonoscopy they printed out 4 photos from the procedure and gave them to me. Of course I have no proof that the photos are actually the insides of my colon, but I kept them anyway. I was thinking of making prints and sending them out as Christmas presents. :) :) :)

You don't have the guts.

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
You don't have the guts.

JG
I didn't say who I was going to send them to. You might be on that list, John. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sgeeeee said:
The last time I got a colonoscopy they printed out 4 photos from the procedure and gave them to me. Of course I have no proof that the photos are actually the insides of my colon,

While your head is up there, why not just look around and see if things look like the pictures? :LOL:

Martha said:
It is snowing now here.

Of course it's snowing there now, you live in Duluth! ;)

youbet said:
While your head is up there, why not just look around and see if things look like the pictures? :LOL:

Very asstute.

JG

youbet said:
Okay. You just made my Christmas list. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sgeeeee said:
Okay. You just made my Christmas list. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll ask the mailman to be on the lookout for the package!

Cut Throat, back to the important items.
How was the fishing in AK?
I went trout fishing in NW AR last week.
Had one good day below Beaver Lake Dam and two more
just soso in the Little Red River below Heber Springs.

BTW, Martha wanted me to tell you that the colon scope I had was a piece of cake. And it was. Just the prep work sucked.
Do we get pics of the colonoscopy too?
The last time I got a colonoscopy they printed out 4 photos from the procedure and gave them to me. Of course I have no proof that the photos are actually the insides of my colon, but I kept them anyway. I was thinking of making prints and sending them out as Christmas presents.

My mother died of colon cancer and it wasn't until afterwards that we found out it is 100% preventable. Having these colonoscopies are vital.

I had my first one done in Mexico (for about $500 USD) - and they gave me a video to take home (!) :eek: as a baseline for any future doctor to view. Billy stuck it into the VCR at happy hour... :-[....

Then I had my 2nd one done in Thailand - and the 'prep' work was - I had to get up at 5 am, drink this stuff and be in the office at 8 am. I gave my doc the previous video -- he wasn't phased by it being so rare -- He gave me my 2nd video when we were all done...

Now I have two - uh - happy hour videos of the procedure. Billy wants to set it to the 2001 Space Odyssey music and pass the chips.. I, have, er... hid them!

The procedure in Thailand was about $500 USD also, and included an ambulance ride home!

I priced this in the states and the prices ran from $1,500 - $2,000 since it was preventative care and my plan didn't cover it....

I feel silly talking about this, but heck -- it's important for anyone's health.. :-[

Be well,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Billy said:
Now I have two - uh - happy hour videos of the procedure. Billy wants to set it to the 2001 Space Odyssey music and pass the chips.. I, have, er... hid them!
If you guys are still putting your important medical documents on the Internet, for all our sakes I hope those two are encrypted!

Billy said:
My mother died of colon cancer and it wasn't until afterwards that we found out it is 100% preventable. Having these colonoscopies are vital.
I'm sorry to hear that. My mother also died of colon cancer. She trusted an inadequate health care system too much and it cost her her life. This experience is part of the reason why I have had two colonoscopies by age 51. They are vital. Drink the awful fluid, sit on your toilet for an evening, and get the procedure done. Then tell your friends and relatives to go get their own.

sgeeeee said:
They are vital. Drink the awful fluid, sit on your toilet for an evening, and get the procedure done. Then tell your friends and relatives to go get their own.

You might want to ask your doctor to also take a look down your throat to your stomach since you'll already be prepped for it. They did that with my husband two years ago and it was very reassuring to know he had no stomach or throat problems.

Outtahere said:
You might want to ask your doctor to also take a look down your throat to your stomach since you'll already be prepped for it. They did that with my husband two years ago and it was very reassuring to know he had no stomach or throat problems.
Before the anaesthesia takes effect, you'd probably want to check that they have two probes ready to go...

Back
Top Bottom