nm

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..............

Nords said:
Before the anaesthesia takes effect, you'd probably want to check that they have two probes ready to go...

...although I suspect the only difference between the anal probe and the oral probe is the taste.

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..................

I have had two colonoscopies by age 51. They are vital. Drink the awful fluid, sit on your toilet for an evening, and get the procedure done. Then tell your friends and relatives to go get their own.
Before the anaesthesia takes effect, you'd probably want to check that they have two probes ready to go...

Yeah, it's a little inconvenient, but worth the hassle.

Does anyone's insurance cover these proactive proceedures? Ours didn't and so I called around asking how much they cost so I knew what I had to shell out. The receptionists, bookkeepers, nurses, etc. all thought it was a novel question to be asking the price of these things. Hardly anyone wanted to commit to a figure. Of the 6 places I called at that time, the prices ran from $1,800 - $2,500 with no guarantees that it wouldn't be more. And that was only one probe! :D

Like I mentioned before, I had it done in two countries (Mexico & Thailand), on two separate occasions, for about $500 each time.

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Re: Irony - Back from Alaska today and it's Snowing in Minneapolis..............

Billy said:
Yeah, it's a little inconvenient, but worth the hassle.

Does anyone's insurance cover these proactive proceedures?
My BC/BS plan covers it but only because colon cancer runs in the family. By the way, for my last scope (about a month ago) I took some oral meds to clear the tubes - no anti-freeze solution. I guess it was preferable to the kool-aide but not by much.

Back
Top Bottom