Now that you are FIREd, what type of clothes do you wear?

Pictures say it best...

Before and after retirement !

Attachments

• Sophisticatedman.jpg
    Sophisticatedman.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Slob.jpg
    Slob.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 82
Casual dress: jeans or cotton capris, button down cotton shirts (long or short sleeved depending on weather), a few sweatshirts.
I have 2 dresses left and a couple nice dress pants, tops and jackets if needed.
Purged so much after I retired and still am tossing clothes on a monthly basis!

In the winter I wear sweat pants (love my Duluth Trading ones with zippered fly and three pockets) and either a short sleeve or long sleeve tee shirt depending on how cold it is. Sneakers worn outside. In the summer, its shorts (cargo, jean, or workout variety) and tee shirts. I dread putting on suits or wearing shoes and that only happens for weddings.

Sounds like a socks emergency! :) I think you should buy a dozen pairs of the best socks you can find, and throw the rest of those old socks away.

Great idea for blowing that dough! I need to find a luxury sock store!

I actually spent $150 on underwear last week. Polo woven shorts. Several pair since they were on sale from $28 to $21.

But before you scoff, understand that the last time I bought this same sort of underwear was almost 10 years ago. So they effectively cost me a little more than $1 a month.

Underwear? What's that?

I mostly wear long sleeved New Day T Shirts. I have about 20 of them in different colors (each cost under $10 each). For pants, I mostly wear Workout pants or jeans. In Winter I wear sweatshirts mostly from Angels Afoot Designs. I have a few other knit shirts I wear (Jess and Jane). I wear polar fleece jackets. I have a few other miscellaneous T shirts. I have one nice pair of black pants, one nice long black skirt and one nice pantsuit. I haven't worn the last two in a long time. The black pants are mostly when I go to a nice restaurant or somewhere more formal.

I spend the most money on shoes. I buy ASICs every few years and also buy some shoes (boots, slippers) from L.L. Bean.

Just bought a couple new sweatshirts for around the house, running for groceries, hanging at the library. Got 2 Hanes basic sweatshirts for under $15. The reason I ordered them is because I had tried one on somewhere and found that particular 'style' was really, really soft.....not heavy....and was on the short side. And for a person who wears Petites it was a nice find. Usually sweatshirts feel too bulky and heavy to me. And they were cheap. So that's what I spent on clothing for the last 3 months !

Back
Top Bottom