So I joined a Gym and need advice...

I walked into the gym today and it's PACKED. One of the regulars leaned over and whispered that most of them would be home by February. Last year I was one of the "new year's resolution" crowd, but I maintained it. I worked out 4+ days per week all year except for the holidays which were hectic. I met my goal and even managed to tire my 12 year old on a hike in Rocky Mountain National Park this summer. Thanks all for your advice. Turns out I LIKE going to the gym, and I feel better too!

I walked into the gym today and it's PACKED. One of the regulars leaned over and whispered that most of them would be home by February.

DW said that the swimming pool was crowded a few days back.....another swimmer told her the same thing..."They won't last long". :LOL:

I walked into the gym today and it's PACKED. One of the regulars leaned over and whispered that most of them would be home by February. Last year I was one of the "new year's resolution" crowd, but I maintained it. I worked out 4+ days per week all year except for the holidays which were hectic. I met my goal and even managed to tire my 12 year old on a hike in Rocky Mountain National Park this summer. Thanks all for your advice. Turns out I LIKE going to the gym, and I feel better too!

Good job!! :cool:

I remember Januaries at the gym before I started working out at home. I took consolation that their dues helped to subsidize my membership.

Keep it up girlfriend.

Way to go ugeauxgirl!! :clap: You've beat some serious odds there. By now you may be to the point where you feel guilty when you can't hit the gym, like when you're away on vacation.

If you live in an area with seasonal weather changes, the next hump in gym attendance will be a month or two before the summer weather hits. It's usually a smaller hump though, especially if many of the New Years crowd sticks it out a few extra months.

Glad to see you're getting good results!

Gym

I joined thru Silver Sneakers. Started w swimming. Then they started up pickleball. I play 3 days a week 1.5 to 2hrs . I have so far lost ten lbs!
Without even noticing. After pickleball I swim and hot tub. I love it.
Also I am TERRIBLE at it. But it keeps me moving.

People only object to "vanity," if you act like the gym is your personal space, and all those other people are nuisances. As you'll soon discover, they are nuisances; just don't you let on.

And don't work out in groups of three! I had one machine left in my work out and three people came to it, each one worked out on it while the others watched. Nothing but watch while one person worked out. I waited 15 minutes to get on that last machine.

Back
Top Bottom