The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone thinks the sun rises due south.

Attachments

• 20140729_0068.jpg
    20140729_0068.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 17
C'mon Ronstar. Where are the cheerleaders?

A few shots messing around the other day...

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406853647.705433.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406853671.268057.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406853685.423585.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406853704.978511.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406853724.473662.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406853741.366484.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Great shots seraphim. Those moon shots are intriguing.

I know what you mean about the lack of cheerleaders. Unfortunately, the Bears got rid of their cheerleaders a long time ago

Those moon shots are fake lol. They're a white sphere with an image of the moons surface projected on it. That's how I could get a shot of the full moon and the half moon within 30 seconds of each other.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1406918871.329947.jpg

Messing around trying to make a mediocre composition more interesting...

Blue cheese gone bad...

The Photographers' Corner

No - I do everything pretty much on the iPad: Photogene. No layers or masking, etc, just basic controls for tweaking.

About the only thing I use my laptop for is playing with HDR (see above). Occasionally I open an old, old version of Photoshop if I need layers or masks. (Photoshop 7). Maybe once or twice a year lol.

Last edited:
A pod of about 30 orcas swam in front of our place today. What I really wanted to do was mount my GoPro camera on a long pole and get some underwater footage... Some individuals swam within 15ft of shore so I could have gotten some incredible shots! But as it turned out, I didn't have time to run back to the cottage to get the GoPro. I did get some pretty cool conventional photos though. Out kayaking right now, will post some pics this evening.

A pod of about 30 orcas swam in front of our place today. What I really wanted to do was mount my GoPro camera on a long pole and get some underwater footage... Some individuals swam within 15ft of shore so I could have gotten some incredible shots! But as it turned out, I didn't have time to run back to the cottage to get the GoPro. I did get some pretty cool conventional photos though. Out kayaking right now, will post some pics this evening.

Looking forward to them...

Yea - we photographed several in Alaska last year. They're pretty cool.

One more… at this point a few whales were so close to the rocks that I could have leapt onto their backs. I have seen this many times over the years, but it never gets old. I have a portable hydrophone that I can drop into the water to listen to the whale sounds as well. Pretty amazing.

Attachments

• DSC_0404.jpg
    DSC_0404.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 18
*sigh*. That's a far better look at them, in the wild, that I've ever gotten. Great photo...

Sea Kayaker - what part of he country were these photos taken?

Sea Kayaker - what part of he country were these photos taken?

Fire up Google Maps, find Vancouver and Victoria, visualize a straight line between the two cities - the line will pass through a archipelago of islands. I have 10 or so acres on one of them. It's my base for my kayaking/whale watching adventures. A magical place, a place I want to spend more time at, thus my ER at 42. :)

Fire up Google Maps, find Vancouver and Victoria, visualize a straight line between the two cities - the line will pass through a archipelago of islands. I have 10 or so acres on one of them. It's my base for my kayaking/whale watching adventures. A magical place, a place I want to spend more time at, thus my ER at 42. :)

Sounds wonderful. You are indeed fortunate.

In reading the book The Digital Print he touches on printing on materials other than paper, like wood, fabric, plastic, metal, etc. I'd heard of printer on wood veneer that is thin as card stock but never the other materials. At least not at home using a normal inkjet.

I can see how with the right image it would look nice, like an image of a wooden rowboat or sailboat printed on wood would "fit".

Has anyone else done printing on alternative materials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom