The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great dog shots! SIL's golden retriever is one of my favorite subjects. The local paper had a photo contest last summer and her dog brought home two firsts - one for "cooling off" - I posted my shot of her back in July where she was cooling off in our lake, and "Four Legged Friends" that SIL took with her phone and I sharpened in Lightroom. Dogs are fun to photograph.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.47.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.47.31 PM.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 29
Eclipse 2017!

Here is my best image taken from Madras. It's a fusion of 12 exposures followed by lots of post-processing.

Attachments

• besteclipse_nov16.jpg
    besteclipse_nov16.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 50
I was in the Utah NP's in October. Still working on the edits. I liked this small pine tree overlooking Bryce Canyon near Inspiration Point.

Attachments

• IMG_9735FB.jpg
    IMG_9735FB.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Not a busy road?

Or was it a quick handheld snap vs. a capture on tripod?

That scene would work well as a multi-row pano but you may not be able to stand in the middle of the road long enough to capture say 20-40 shots.

Not a busy road?

Or was it a quick handheld snap vs. a capture on tripod?

That scene would work well as a multi-row pano but you may not be able to stand in the middle of the road long enough to capture say 20-40 shots.

Not a real busy road even though it is a US highway. Still only had time for a couple of quick handheld shots.

It would have been a great spot for a pano. I did take a series of 6 or so handhelds from the other direction, but I didn't like the way it turned out.

Not a busy road?
I have been in that spot several times. That is normal traffic flow... normal for a lot of highways in the west -- think Highway 50, (so-called) loneliest road in America. What is unique is the (I assume) post processing done to that image capture. Ronstar captured the image that I have seen (in my mind) many times.

Not a busy road?
I have been in that spot several times. That is normal traffic flow... normal for a lot of highways in the west -- think Highway 50, (so-called) loneliest road in America. What is unique is the (I assume) post processing done to that image capture. Ronstar captured the image that I have seen (in my mind) many times.

Post processing was Google/NIK Silver Efex Pro to get it into B&W. Then boosted clarity and vignetting in Lightroom. Photo was taken straight toward the sun. I got lucky that it turned out ok.

The Photographers' Corner

Probably a brazillion shots taken of this...

IMG_1248.JPG

Canyon of the Yellowstone, Lower Falls

Last edited:
Looks like a fall in Yellowstone NP.

I need to come back and allow time to climb the long stairs.

Newly FIREd for the purpose of adventure travel, which I'm happy to say is going great. Been to lots of cool places in the last 4 months and thought I'd share some of my photos. Critiques/comments are welcome. I'm just beginning to try and take quality images. Dave

That is great! Hope to see more pics from your travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom