The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Nice! I've never seen turkeys in the wild, they don't seem common in the Midwest. We used to see a lot of pheasants, but it seems something has changed in the habitat, I haven't seen one in decades. BTW, pheasants (the ring neck ones at least) were an import from China.

I passed some semi-rural areas on the way to work, and one morning I saw two peacocks crossing the road, Woah! I wasn't expecting that! Obviously pets. I'd see them from time to time after that.

-ERD50
I have a lot of pheasants at my place. I see them literally in flocks and they are a very common sighting anytime and everyday thing here. Sage grouse are an interesting bird to watch also.
I have a good friend that went to Wyoming a couple of days ago to photo and capture the mating ritual of the sage grouse. He texted and said he got great footage and early sunrise shots of them with sun shining through their feathahs.

Nice! I've never seen turkeys in the wild, they don't seem common in the Midwest. We used to see a lot of pheasants, but it seems something has changed in the habitat, I haven't seen one in decades. BTW, pheasants (the ring neck ones at least) were an import from China.

I passed some semi-rural areas on the way to work, and one morning I saw two peacocks crossing the road, Woah! I wasn't expecting that! Obviously pets. I'd see them from time to time after that.

-ERD50

I've had turkeys on our property dozens of times. Most recent a few days ago. No pheasants in our property, but in a nearby prairie. Did have a bald eagle in our back yard yesterday.

Here is an updated version of the comet Pons-Brooks after I aligned the comet only part from the sub exposures (i.e., separate from the stars). Still needs work but I am getting there.

Attachments

• Pons1_PS.jpg
    Pons1_PS.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 9
Certainly nothing to compare to the professional level photos in this thread, but these blooming cacti along side my walk to the neighborhood mailbox caught my eye today. It's a shame the blooms only last for one day.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-11 No 2.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 No 2.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-04-11 No 1.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 No 1.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 6
these blooming cacti along side my walk

Oh, yeah! I love cactus flowers, maybe in part because I seldom see them.

A few from the last time I was in Phoenix.

Attachments

• 043-cactus.jpg
    043-cactus.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 6
  • GC09 327.jpg
    GC09 327.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 088-saguaro in bloom.jpg
    088-saguaro in bloom.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 7
SpaceX launch from Vandenberg AFB - pic taken in Casa Grande about 3 minutes after launch.

Attachments

• Launch46.jpg
    Launch46.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 6
Checking out some hiking pics on the new system

G9yjZbT.jpg

Clear Imgur link shows up until saved. Then a red x

muskrat 04252024.jpg

This photo dragged and dropped from my computer shows up a tad blurry compared to original on my computer or to the Imgur link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom