The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Looks like a Japanese Water Iris. Don't know the exact cultivar.

I think that’s an Iris. Show more of the leaf/plant and it will help to identify.

My first impulse was Iris, but then I had second thoughts. Another picture will have to wait until tomorrow, it dark out now.

My wife said one of her plants flowered, Son-In-Law gave it to here.
If you know what it is, please tell me.

Picture of the whole plant.

Attachments

• Plant.jpg
    Plant.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I still think it’s an iris, but I can’t match the flower to anything online.

The Photographers' Corner - 2021

I still think it’s an iris, but I can’t match the flower to anything online.

I think it’s an iris too. I have some Siberian irises. Maybe it could be a Siberian iris.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 37
Just finished editing this Spring 2021 video today. We shot the video this past Monday and Tuesday. I recorded my short version of Liebestraum (Love Dream) by Franz Liszt on guitar using Cakewalk Sonar to set the mood. Lot's of nice flowers this year. Hopefully the pandemic ends this year and we return to normal.

Last edited:
Freedom56, thanks for sharing that video, you really do have spring. We have spring but not that kind of spring yet. lol

Lake Tipsoo on Chinook pass, last summer. It won't be open for a while yet.
tipsoo1.jpg

The upper lake.
upper3.jpg

macro3.jpg

Merriman Falls at Lake Quinault
IMG-20200530-134647.jpg

Mount Rainier from Raven Roost

IMG-20200626-125157.jpg

We get these red dragonflies every year. This one posed.

2554313253_2f671bd6a5_o.jpg

I am in Kanab with the amazing good fortune of permits for Coyote Buttes North and South. Took me 5 years to score The Wave. I am pretty well set for North, with various locations tagged and guidance on best time of day. You can chime in on that, but my question is really about South. I have been to Cottonwood Cove once, for several morning hours. This time I have the whole day, and will go in with a small tour group. We will visit Paw Hole and the Cove, but I am not sure where I should suggest we go first. I have read that both areas are best in the later afternoon, but I have to decide which to do in the morning, and for how long. What do you have to suggest about that? I have been to White Pocket twice already, so you do not need to get into that. My default is to do Paw Hole in the morning, and C. Cove after, since I have been there in the morning already.

I am in Kanab with the amazing good fortune of permits for Coyote Buttes North and South. Took me 5 years to score The Wave. I am pretty well set for North, with various locations tagged and guidance on best time of day. You can chime in on that, but my question is really about South. I have been to Cottonwood Cove once, for several morning hours. This time I have the whole day, and will go in with a small tour group. We will visit Paw Hole and the Cove, but I am not sure where I should suggest we go first. I have read that both areas are best in the later afternoon, but I have to decide which to do in the morning, and for how long. What do you have to suggest about that? I have been to White Pocket twice already, so you do not need to get into that. My default is to do Paw Hole in the morning, and C. Cove after, since I have been there in the morning already.

I thought you can visit on a day trip basis with a maximum of 10 people per group without a permit and the permits are required for overnight stays.

If you are a "closet" photographer like me, you can be thinking nothing about photography but in a moment, you just see something and have to grab your camera. The Victorian couch in our barn, that yellow blanket. The patterns and the wood textures, I really liked the way this one came out.

Attachments

• 20210410_203141[1].jpg
    20210410_203141[1].jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 50
I enjoy all of the pictures and videos here--such talent!

I thought you can visit on a day trip basis with a maximum of 10 people per group without a permit and the permits are required for overnight stays.

The permits are required for day trips and I believe overnights are not allowed. It used to be that 10 permits (10 people) were allotted by online lottery and 10 more in a lottery at the Kanab visitors center. The totals were increased this year.

Canada goose in the reflection of a budding redbud tree.

Attachments

• canada goose  5 04212021.jpg
    canada goose 5 04212021.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 42
WOW! That is an awesome picture! That would look great on canvas art/print.

Back
Top Bottom