Tickets

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW, I & 16yr old DD heading to San Francisco over Xmas break.

Xmas day NBA, Warriors vs Cavs. Seems pretty cool. DD not a bball nut, but does play on her HS team, so we do have interest.

A couple sites I looked at, Ticketmaster and Vividseats, have nosebleeds starting at $200, up to pretty much whatever you want to spend. "Decent" seats were in the $800 arena.

I'm a bit reluctant to commit that much when I don't know how ticketing process works.

OTOH, when we were in NYC, my almamater U of Mich was playing Big Dance in Brooklyn. I assured them we could get tickets at the event, probably cheaper than online. I negotiated a good deal with a guy as I had at numerous other sporting events, and upon entering, heard an obnoxious beep as they scanned our tickets-counterfeit!

Has anyone ever used online ticket sites, and what would you recommend.

DW, I & 16yr old DD heading to San Francisco over Xmas break.

Xmas day NBA, Warriors vs Cavs. Seems pretty cool. DD not a bball nut, but does play on her HS team, so we do have interest.

A couple sites I looked at, Ticketmaster and Vividseats, have nosebleeds starting at $200, up to pretty much whatever you want to spend. "Decent" seats were in the $800 arena.

I'm a bit reluctant to commit that much when I don't know how ticketing process works.

OTOH, when we were in NYC, my almamater U of Mich was playing Big Dance in Brooklyn. I assured them we could get tickets at the event, probably cheaper than online. I negotiated a good deal with a guy as I had at numerous other sporting events, and upon entering, heard an obnoxious beep as they scanned our tickets-counterfeit!

If you go to nba.com/warriors and click on tickets, you end up at ticketmaster.com. They also have resale tickets, which are probably season ticket holders who don't want to attend the Christmas Day game. It looks like a few of those are better seats at very slightly lower prices. Anything you buy from Ticketmaster after clicking through from the NBA site is a valid ticket.

If you're asking how they deliver them to you, then it says at the top of the screen "Please note * No PDF, Ticketfast or Print@Home delivery allowed. The only valid delivery options are: Mail, UPS, or Mobile Ticket." When you pay, you'll be asked to choose one of those methods. My past experience with Ticketmaster tells me that they will manage to tack on a hefty surcharge no matter what you choose.

You could also try StubHub. I've used them for baseball games where they're the official resale channel, but I don't know how they validate basketball tickets. I'd say read their terms and conditions carefully if you buy via any route other than the official Ticketmaster one.

I used StubHub recently for Hamilton tickets and was concerned about counterfeits, but relieved when the tickets arrived and the documentation said “guaranteed or your money back”

A thing to note about StubHub - the seller determines the “service charge” which you can’t see until late in the purchase process. My tickets had a 25% service charge added! Ouch.

Not really surprised at the price for tickets that you're seeing considering it's Cleveland and most of the Warrior home games are probably sold out for the season so you will have to pay a premium. Doesn't sound like you're die hard fans. Could watch the game on TV (with better views) and take the wife and DD out for a nice dinner and shopping spree for that price.

I've purchased using Ticketmaster quite a few times while traveling with no issues - well, other than the add-on fees. Those fees give them the common nickname 'Ticketbastard' because of their monopoly on many venues.

The mobile tickets delivered to your phone have worked fine for me, since I don't have a printer when traveling. The resale tickets from season ticket holders can be a good deal - we got Phoenix Coyotes NHL tickets right behind the net seven rows up last month for $60.

I’ve used Ticketmaster and Stubhub quite a few times. Baseball games, hockey games and concerts. No problems with either of them. I was nervous buying football tickets in England, but using stubhub overseas was no problem.

Not really surprised at the price for tickets that you're seeing considering it's Cleveland and most of the Warrior home games are probably sold out for the season so you will have to pay a premium. Doesn't sound like you're die hard fans. Could watch the game on TV (with better views) and take the wife and DD out for a nice dinner and shopping spree for that price.

Lets be real, OP could buy a 4K 60 inch tv to watch it on , and take the family out for dinner and still be ahead.

I find it totally amazing the money someone will drop to watch games, where you really cannot see nearly as well as the tv shows the game, and the booze is 4x normal price.

I have been to pro hockey and football games, so I have experienced the view, etc. Of course my tickets were free, as that's the only way I'll go.

Lets be real, OP could buy a 4K 60 inch tv to watch it on , and take the family out for dinner and still be ahead.

I find it totally amazing the money someone will drop to watch games, where you really cannot see nearly as well as the tv shows the game, and the booze is 4x normal price.

I have been to pro hockey and football games, so I have experienced the view, etc. Of course my tickets were free, as that's the only way I'll go.

Already have the TV. Going to go out for great dinners and shopping, too. Flying first class, staying at Fairmont Nob Hill. After all, we are FI. Gotta blow some of this dough.

Sounds like StubHub or Ticketbastard is the way to go. Thanks.

It doesn’t matter! It’s not the same.

By that logic no one would ever travel anywhere because it’s far far cheaper to stay home and watch the Travel Channel or Rick Steve’s reruns, and some people do for precisely that reason.

Only so many 4K TVs you can buy (and also you need the internet bandwidth).

Free tickets are a pretty tough standard to beat.

Nothing to do with sports tickets but recently was shocked at how you can get screwed with other entertainment venues. You have to be VERY careful that you are logging on to the actual venue/provider and not some third party. We recently got tickets for Tommy Emmanuel and Robert Earl Keene, not big city big venue acts but pretty popular. In both cases used Google and was shocked at the price of the tix. So then did a little more digging and found that we had been directed to other sites than the actual venue. The ticket prices were about double. Those other sites were quite deceptive in their appearance. So just be careful.

The ticketing process is fine, just pricey.

If you can afford it and really want to go, then don't be afraid of the legal secondary market.

Already have the TV. Going to go out for great dinners and shopping, too. Flying first class, staying at Fairmont Nob Hill. After all, we are FI. Gotta blow some of this dough.

Sounds like StubHub or Ticketbastard is the way to go. Thanks.

Sounds like it will be a lovely time, and I really hope you all enjoy it.

Hopefully you get real tickets to the game.

I've been using Stubhub on occasion and they seem to be pretty reputable. Usually a popular game will require paying a premium but at least you are certain that the ticket is essentially guaranteed.

I

Back
Top Bottom