Tomorrow begins the 10 day countdown.

Bryan Barnfellow

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am still in a state of disbelief, shock and awe. This photo has sustained me until this point.

image-271227783.jpg

I am still in a state of disbelief, shock and awe. This photo has sustained me until this point.
I'm pretty sure you'll get over the "disbelief and shock". Not so sure about the "awe", as ER is awesome. :)

Nice beach. :)

Yes, that's great to hear...we're happy for you. So happy in fact, we've secretly made plans to join you there on day one. See you soon!

crowded-beach.jpg

Now that's just plain mean!:LOL:

Congratulations Bryan!

Yes, that's great to hear...we're happy for you. So happy in fact, we've secretly made plans to join you there on day one. See you soon!

crowded-beach.jpg

We had a saying in the Army, "I could stand on my head in a bucket of s*#t for X days."

Congratulations! It might help to break it up into even smaller milestones (I.e. 40 minutes til the next smoke break; two hours until lunch). I really am very happy for you.

Only three to five years for me and I'll be right there with you.

We had a saying in the Army, "I could stand on my head in a bucket of s*#t for X days." Congratulations! It might help to break it up into even smaller milestones (I.e. 40 minutes til the next smoke break; two hours until lunch). I really am very happy for you. Only three to five years for me and I'll be right there with you.

Cooch96,

That's how I drive long distances...break it down into smaller milestones, except when my wife is aboard, then all bets are off, with the numerous bottles of water (input) and corresponding rest stops (output). Randomizes the whole process.

Already I am playing the "last" game. Last board meeting, last start of a new fiscal year, last performance evals. Soon, last staff meeting, last Monday, last lunch break!

Thanks everyone for the cheers from both ahead and behind me in the race. Much appreciated!

-BB

Wow. You are a lucky person, Badger. My photo is from a Dutch island on the North Sea, so I get to it only once a year.
-BB

That's how I drive long distances...break it down into smaller milestones, except when my wife is aboard, then all bets are off, with the numerous bottles of water (input) and corresponding rest stops (output). Randomizes the whole process.

Ah, I see you're married to DW's sister....

Look to see you on the other side soon, save me a nice spot :D

40 days but who's counting :)

crowded-beach.jpg

LOL. If my ER is like the above, I will stay working. ( Methinks, this "picture" part of the world has problem with population explosion. :( )

Congratulations! I hit the 100 day mark (62 working days) today myself. I liked forward to meeting the 10 day mark.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats Bryan. The 10 day mark is critical. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest the next 10 days. You'll want to be 100% on your first day of retirement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom