Want2retire is retired!

Thank you so much, everybody!! I can't answer each post individually, but send my hugs and/or warm fuzzies and thanks to each and every one of you. :flowers:

Still, these posts I just HAVE to address:

Congrats!

Now maybe you need to change the avatar from that "dreamy, looking to the future" impression it gives to a "celebrate today!" look?

Although we *do* love that avatar ;)

Enjoy! And don't let anyone tell you to wipe that ear-to-ear smile off your face!

-ERD50
Thank you!! Maybe this avatar would be more appropriate for a novice retiree:

4089707225_745cc60e5b_m.jpg

Retirement is at least as awesome and exciting as the Emerald City... :D

Congratulations. I've really enjoyed your level headed and always useful comments to the great variety of questions/comments that come up. Now that you'll have more time I expect you'll have so much fun in ER we may not see you as much around these parts.

Thank you, and don't worry - - I'll be here. A neophyte retiree like me needs all the tips and pointers that the experienced retirees on this forum can provide! And in turn, maybe I can help by providing my experiences and points of view to those close on my heels.

Wow - W2R - you have some pull! Even the DOW is celebrating this day for you with a new 2009 high! (knock on wood so no jinxing)

Audrey
OMG, thank you and I *LOVE* it!! Dare I say it?

Whee!!!

Another ride upwards on the Dow rollercoaster, and on my ER day. Can't get any better than that, even though it will surely go down in a day or two. I can't wait to see the results, to see what my nestegg on Retirement Day ends up being, and consequently what my SWR will apply to! :D

Frank just took me to lunch, to celebrate. It was hard to turn in my badge (after wearing it every day) and I didn't expect that, but now it is kind of cool to know that even if I wanted to go to work (which I don't), I couldn't! :2funny:

Last edited:
W2R --
Congratulations on a well deserved (and obviously well planned) transition to "the other side!"
And, despite all your planning, you really cannot imagine how wonderful retirement is until you actually experience it for yourself. So, relax, unwind, and let the new adventures begin!
Very happy for you!

Congratulations, W2R!! :flowers:

Let us know how your first few days in retirement are; I'm sure they will be truly wonderful. :D

Congratulations and good luck. Don't get too busy like my parents are.

Hey - it's after lunch now! Maybe W2R is really retired now! But then again, maybe she really was retired at 8:20 this morning when she posted. I guess it took her 20 minutes to turn in her badge.

Now, W2R - if you made that 8:20 AM post from work, it didn't count. You actually have to leave the building!!!!

LOL!!!!

Audrey

Congratulations! I am getting closer each day.

Enjoy yourself....

Hey - it's after lunch now! Maybe W2R is really retired now! But then again, maybe she really was retired at 8:20 this morning when she posted. I guess it took her 20 minutes to turn in her badge.

Now, W2R - if you made that 8:20 AM post from work, it didn't count. You actually have to leave the building!!!!

LOL!!!!

Audrey

I began this thread just as soon as my username was changed, to explain what was going on. Wouldn't you have done that? All I did after that was eat a very leisurely breakfast in the snack bar at work, talk to friends for a little while, shut down my computer, use the restroom, and check out. Anyway, you will be happy to know that I left work forever (exited the building) at exactly 11:00 AM, two hours 36 minutes after beginning the thread, and then went straight to celebrate over lunch with Frank from 11:01 AM to 12:51 PM, when I posted #51 above. :D

Last edited:
Congratulations! :flowers:

Does this mean you'll have more time to read my posts and send me warnings? :(

November is a beautiful month in central Missouri. Check it out! :)

Let me add my congratulations. I know you have been planning this moment for a long time. I hope your retirement is filled with happiness and excitement. Keep us poor w*rking folks updated on your new life so we have something to look forward to.

:cool: A little late, but let me offer my heartfelt congratulations on finally grabbing the brass ring (and running off with it)! Today is really the first day of the rest of your life now that you have a REAL life again, finally.

As that great philosopher, Maynard G. Krebs, said, "WORK?!"

I'll be following you into retirement sometime in late February, 2010.

But you already know this :D

:cool: A little late, but let me offer my heartfelt congratulations on finally grabbing the brass ring (and running off with it)! Today is really the first day of the rest of your life now that you have a REAL life again, finally.

As that great philosopher, Maynard G. Krebs, said, "WORK?!"

I'll be following you into retirement sometime in late February, 2010.

But you already know this :D

Thank you, want2xplore!! And yes, I did already know that. :D:D:D

Does this mean you'll have more time to read my posts and send me warnings?

There are 1675 homes currently for sale in Springfield, MO so I'm sure she'll be busy for a while.

That's got to feel like a piano getting off of your back.

I plan to join you in 20XY, and with good fortune, X will be less than 2. :)

Let me add my congratulations!! Looking forward to hearing about all your coming retirement adventures. 2 and 1/2 years until I get there.

Thank you so much, everybody!! I can't answer each post individually, but send my hugs and/or warm fuzzies and thanks to each and every one of you. :flowers:

Still, these posts I just HAVE to address:

Thank you!! Maybe this avatar would be more appropriate for a novice retiree:

4089707225_745cc60e5b_m.jpg

Retirement is at least as awesome and exciting as the Emerald City... :D

Thank you, and don't worry - - I'll be here. A neophyte retiree like me needs all the tips and pointers that the experienced retirees on this forum can provide! And in turn, maybe I can help by providing my experiences and points of view to those close on my heels.

OMG, thank you and I *LOVE* it!! Dare I say it?

Whee!!!

Another ride upwards on the Dow rollercoaster, and on my ER day. Can't get any better than that, even though it will surely go down in a day or two. I can't wait to see the results, to see what my nestegg on Retirement Day ends up being, and consequently what my SWR will apply to! :D

Frank just took me to lunch, to celebrate. It was hard to turn in my badge (after wearing it every day) and I didn't expect that, but now it is kind of cool to know that even if I wanted to go to work (which I don't), I couldn't! :2funny:

Ok ok so you are not in Kansas anymore. But you do know you retired just in time for snow in Missouri.

Right?

I wouldn't rush out to shop for snow tires too soon - relax and enjoy.

heh heh heh - :greetings10:.

That's got to feel like a piano getting off of your back.

Yes, or like washing off a thick coat of mud while standing under a mountain waterfall.

ziggy29 said:
I plan to join you in 20XY, and with good fortune, X will be less than 2. :)

Good! If it is going to be less than 1, you'd better get a move on.... :D
Ok ok so you are not in Kansas anymore. But you do know you retired just in time for snow in Missouri.

Right?

I wouldn't rush out to shop for snow tires too soon - relax and enjoy.

heh heh heh - :greetings10:.

That's what I plan to do. Frank isn't going to retire until he gets laid off, and his layoff is now scheduled to be in another three months. So, I have a little time to kick back, relax, and enjoy life before I need to do anything concerning selling my house and moving. :D:D

Last edited:
Grrrrrrreat!! As Tony the Tiger would say.
I've been watching your countdown for a while.
Now down to less than 150 days myself.

You've been waiting for this since I've known you, so CONGRATS!!!!!
Time to take off and enjoy yourself, which you so richly deserve no doubt!

No more teachers, no more books...no more supervisors dirty looks! YEAH!!!!

:flowers:FLOWERS TO YOU,W2R!!!!!

Orchidflower

Congrats, Wafting2Relaxation! I've been counting down with you for quite a while, and am glad you were able to go through with it on schedule. You are a wonderful example for all those still w*rking. Have a great next season of your life. :smitten:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome to the rest of your life...the part where REAL LIVING begins!!! Welcome to Endless Days of Play!!! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom