Want2retire is retired!

Congrats! I was among the posters who referred to you with the nickname W2R; it's a convenient shorthand. Well, as the official screen name, it's as good as any, and keeps you linked to the past posts.

What will you do tomorrow? Be careful not to go shopping too often!

And beware of the travel bug's bite. Before you know it, you may be shopping for that RV! :D

By the way, I just discovered a nick name for the RV sewer hose. It has been called the "stinky slinky", due to its flexible goose neck construction. :LOL:
No RV's, travel, or stinky slinky for me! :2funny: Not my cup of tea.

I am going to play it by ear tomorrow, but I know I will have fun. :D

No RV's, travel, or stinky slinky for me! :2funny:

WHY NOT, if Frank would be the one dealing with the "slinky". Just don't call it that within his earshot. :D

Congratulations Lady !!!
I'm happy to see you made it.
Free at Last Free at Last.

I hope things work out where I'm right behind you
Still dreaming and trying to accomplish my goal of bailing out
Steve

Well - you definitely start feeling cheery on Sunday evenings - just the opposite from when you were working.
Audrey

Funny thing is what actually told me w**k to 65 was not for me is that I would spend every Sunday in a funk thinking "tomorrow I have to go to w**k! That's when ER planning really kicked into gear.

Sorry for minor Hijack W2R....

Funny thing is what actually told me w**k to 65 was not for me is that I would spend every Sunday in a funk thinking "tomorrow I have to go to w**k! That's when ER planning really kicked into gear.

Sorry for minor Hijack W2R....

I always felt like that, too. It made weekends seem much shorter when Sunday was so depressing. It also took most of Sunday to do laundry, go grocery shopping and so on, in preparation for the work week.

I always felt like that, too. It made weekends seem much shorter when Sunday was so depressing. It also took most of Sunday to do laundry, go grocery shopping and so on, in preparation for the work week.

Don't tell me you got up at 4:10am again? :eek:

Congrats! I am pea-green with envy, and glad to hear that you are enjoying your first official week. One time several years ago you posted your story about how you started thinking/planning/etc for ER. If you are of a mind, I wish you'd post that link. I remember thinking it was very inspirational. Of course, hearing how giddy you are this week is very inspirational also!! Congrats again.

Congrats! I am pea-green with envy, and glad to hear that you are enjoying your first official week. One time several years ago you posted your story about how you started thinking/planning/etc for ER. If you are of a mind, I wish you'd post that link. I remember thinking it was very inspirational. Of course, hearing how giddy you are this week is very inspirational also!! Congrats again.

I am not exactly sure which post you have in mind, but maybe it is this one:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/showpost.php?p=545407&postcount=36

The first thing I did after retiring was to immediately be swept off by Frank to a lunch celebration - - but the second thing I did was to write my brother George (mentioned in the link) an e-mail to tell him that yes, thanks to him I DID IT! :D :clap::dance:

He congratulated me and then told me that he must be from another planet because he found that in retirement, he lives a 25 hour day instead of 24 hours unless he sets his alarm..

Congratulations! Good for you! :dance::clap::clap:

I'm right behind you - 51 days more to go.

I've thought this too - the oh rats, it's Sunday and I have to work tomorrow feeling tells me I've had enough. I'm late to this party too because I've had the longest 2 days at work before the holiday today. All this work so shortly before I retire....

Congrats again and I too look forward to your posts on the transisiton.

He congratulated me and then told me that he must be from another planet because he found that in retirement, he lives a 25 hour day instead of 24 hours unless he sets his alarm..

I have the same issue but no alarm necessary, I have a dog. Who still has not adjusted to standard time. She even lies down by the bedroom door at 10:00 pm sulking until I go to bed.

Last edited:
I had an appointment with a urologist this afternoon :hide:

The creepy thing is that I really enjoyed the break from work. It's a sad day when 2 fingers up the jacksie feels a lot better than 2 hours at w*rk :nonono:

I am sooooooo envious of you ER'ed folks....

:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Alan, you are SO ready to retire! :D:D:D I know you will love it. So far it has been better than I ever imagined.

I had an appointment with a urologist this afternoon :hide:

The creepy thing is that I really enjoyed the break from work. It's a sad day when 2 fingers up the jacksie feels a lot better than 2 hours at w*rk :nonono:
Two fingers? What, you wanted a second opinion?

Congrats W2R, you're really going to like the Life. You've done your prep, now getting your head around it will indeed take some time. Just let it happen. The clock thing will take care of itself over time (no pun intended). You will find your balance, and it will vary based on your needs and desires. When we REALLY have to go somewhere as in daytime travel we make the effort and get our selves up and the crack-o-dawn. Normally we slowly shift in Vampires. At this time of years we experience very little "daylight" as not counting WolfHound feedings and trips outside that can break sleep patterns whenever the heck they say, cause they are bigger than we are, our "waking" day starts about noon to 2pm with much slowness of getting out of bed as we are your basic slugs. Since it gets dark well before six, you get the idea hence the Vampiric concept. We are mostly awake at night.

Obviously this isn't going to work for you W2R, but I doubt you are going to spend the next few years getting up before sunrise either. As others have pointed out. All the best hours to actually do stuff are while those other folk are at their jobs and the streets are traffic free and the stores and gyms are nearly empty. Work it out girl.

Again, congrats from a 3 and 1/2 year Vet of FIREness. Life is good, yours just got way better. ;)

Back
Top Bottom