what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our seafood feast last night was tremendous. I'm not Italian, but the tradition of eating seafood on Christmas Eve is one I can always have my arm twisted to do. :D I gained 1 lb - oops! :blush:
I slept in until 7 AM today...versus the usual 530 AM up and buzzing about routine.
I made some pancakes and have some homemade bread in the oven now. Dinner is easy - Chicken a la King in the crockpot. Just lazing around the house today.

Opened presents, one of which is just perfect - Il Divo, a group of 4 very handsome men :blush: who have the most fantastic voices. The second guy from the left with the darkest hair and classic opera voice...Oh my my...:rolleyes:
Also got the DVD of them live at the Coliseum in Rome Italy.

Woke up - let the dogs out - the big dummy half chased the big red squirrel helping himself from the one of the bird feeders on the front porch but then proceeded to check his yard and play in the snow - found the snow shovel buried in the snow blown against the front door did a little before I got an 'ER' grip on myself - The Pug pooped in a clear spot on the porch and gave me that - you don't 'really think' I'm going out in that snow like that dumb Golden Retriever do you? Reloaded the bird feeders and we went inside.

Canceled three show the flag/sample Christmas dinner stops today all in town.

Chicken enchilada, black beans and rice for breakfast and put Vension in the slow cooker for tonight.

I'll take the MODOT and local recommendation to stay home - especially after seeing how much shoveling it will take to get the car out of the driveway.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D

heh heh heh - ER is fun - and er flexible? :cool:

I started my day with some coffee and an attempt to bake some biscuits in the oven. Looks like my 1950ish oven finally bit the dust. Oh well......I had already planned to replace the flooring in the kitchen and the stove at the same time. Looks like that project will be moved up a bit in 2010. :( But the rest of the day pretty low key. Spent the day with my mom. We had already exchanged gifts when relatives were in town earlier this week. So an afternoon of movies and naps.:)

What a great day! DGD woke us up at 8 am, showing great restraint IMHO. She's been going full speed all day, but has maintained a happy attitude the whole time. Pretty amazing in a 3 year old. Traditional ham Christmas dinner, mellowed out decorating a gingerbread house and watching Annie. Now comes the fun part, trying to get her to go to sleep, followed by explaining tomorrow morning that it isn't Christmas again. :LOL:

Wow, what a gorgeous house you had Martha. I can't remember why you sold your house. Are you relocating to another area or downsizing?

We had a very nice Christmas with our son and his girlfriend. The pineapple dressing was very good. Thanks, Moe. It was almost a dessert.

I envy those of you that spent your Christmas with children. IMHO they make Christmas. I sure hope that I get to spend next Christmas with my dear granddaughter. I talked to them on the phone and they were going to go to the San Diego zoo today. They emailed me some pictures of my DGD and she has become even cuter since I last saw her on 12/04/09!

I got a very sporty Tommy Hilfiger wrisrwatch, an elegant wallet -that I needed- and a couple of Cuban cigarillo boxes -that I certainly didn´t need, but what the hell:D

I washed both stinky dogs today. Dog beds got the treatment also.
Just hanging around the house with dh2b. We are surfing in parallel here in the living room. How romantic. :LOL:
I have a full rack of pork spareribs with a dry rub in the oven, cooking real slow at 300 degrees. It's too cold out to use the smoker. :(
Also have some garden grown garlic roasting in a ceramic cooker. Red potatoes are on deck for making garlic mashed a la Applebee's style. The smell in the house is unbelievable. :blush:

I've backed up every way from Tuesday, and I'm about to reformat my drive and reinstall Windows XP in order to improve performance.

Wish me luck. If you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why.

I've backed up every way from Tuesday, and I'm about to reformat my drive and reinstall Windows XP in order to improve performance.

Wish me luck. If you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why.
God speed Al...:flowers:

I remember seeing his and her laptops in a photo that T-Al posted. He won't be left incommunicado if the software god (read MS :rolleyes:) decides to punish him.

I got up and ate a couple of donuts for breakfast, watched a couple of garden shows on TV (only 83 days 'til Spring), then went outside and fired up the new snowblower and cleared the sidewalks and driveway, and swept off the cars.

I then refilled all of the bird feeders...my feathered friends are really chowin' down today!!! BS'ed with the neighbors and the city snowplow driver for a while, before coming in and having a big ol' bowl of veggie soup!

Went to church, read part of the Sunday paper and broke out the Wii Fit Plus that we bought for Christmas. We had a lot of fun, but boy do I need to practice and get in shape.

This was the last day of Frank's long weekend. He decided that what he really wanted to do, was to take me shopping in the biggest outlet mall in the state. What a guy! I love it.

Everything was on sale and some of the prices were unbelievably low. He got an attractive high quality dress shirt, and I got a new purse and wallet (both leather and the nicest ones I have ever had). All together, I think we spent a little less than $50 total due to the sales that offered 75% off and more. We had a great time. We paid so little, that leaving the mall felt almost like we were making a quick get-away after an armed robbery. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm back. The reinstallation process went as smoothly as expected. Only bad part was the old catch-22 of can't install the wireless driver until the wireless driver is installed and I can get to the Dell site. But I downloaded it from DW's computer.

I've only installed Firefox, Macrium reflect, and Sunbird so far, so now I have about 23 more essential apps to install.

Thanks to Rustic's suggestion, I now have a drive image of a fresh XP SP3 install, so the process will only take minutes next time.

I still think Windows is a house of cards.

I still think Windows is a house of cards.

Of course it is! Why should it be a standard procedure to subject your PC to what is the equivalent of an enema every couple of years to cleanse out its bowels?

Well put -- don't get me started.

Things are remarkably faster. Firefox opens or closes very quickly and explorer windows appear instantly.

The last thing I did before hittin' the hay last night, was to snag a couple of tickets to go to the "Philharmonic of the Nations" while we're in Florida in February.....near the middle, and only 8 rows from the front! That will make for a nice relaxing evening, and it's just a very short distance from of our hotel!
music-smiley-019.gif

We drove to WalMart in a pretty decent snowstorm in our 4WD Jeep. :crazy:
dh2b dropped me off (my idea so he couldn't come in and lollygag in electronics dept :rolleyes:) while he went and got some snowmobile parts right down the road.
I buzzed through the store with my list like a self propelled lawnmower. :LOL:

It just doesn't get any better than this. :cool:

The lake effect snow machine is cranking up to full speed right now. :hide:
Red false color on this radar map means 2-3" per hour snowfall rates.
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=tyx&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=no
For those fascinated by animation, see
http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php

I went to the 'maul'

Normally wouldn't go near there this time of year, but modem dieing and dead batteries in garage door opener.

I hate that place, especially during the 'buy crap' season.

And the weather was cold and windy and snowy.

I went back to the gym . I had been slacking due to the holidays and having my Mother with me . Surprisingly I'm still on track for the holidays no gain program so I'll get a free t shirt next week . I also revved up my ebay sales as one of my presents was a huge adjustable shop light to help with my pictures . It goes to 1,000 watts so hopefully we will not be attracting planes as we live close to an airport .

The hike from hell............

Took my mutt today to a local park/hiking trail. One that we walk all the time but today, a little extra adventure. The main trail is pretty nice and about 5 miles in length. Below is a pic to give you some idea. Along the main trail are many rough side trails where sometimes you can barely make out the trail, but tree trunks are spot painted green along the way to keep you on track. Well today I decided to try one I had never been on and that was a mistake. For the first hour I thought it was pretty neat, a virgin trail(for me). After the 2nd hour I was not so happy as it just kept on and on, up and down hills with no sign of getting close to the main trail. I finally stumble on a family of six riding horses so I flag them down and ask if I could follow them out. But as luck would have it, first time they had ever been to the park and they were lost. I follow anyway which came in handy as we came across a swampy area and they gave me a ride on the back of one of the horses to get across. Poor mutt had to slosh across on his own.:(

I took off and left them behind as they were slow because of having to be careful with their kids who where riding along. I seriously thought I was going to have to call 911 to have them send out the blood hounds to find us as it was getting late.:facepalm: I could just see it......make the local news and all my old buddies would rib me from now on. So calling was not an option. Finally I make it back to the main trail and get back to my car, after about 15 miles of needless hiking.:banghead: I did report to the police that there was a family out there and I know they were no where near making it back by dark. I saw their horse trailers close to where I was parked. They laughed and said they have this happen all the time. They were sending out a 4 wheeler to search as I drove off.

So what a lovely way to wind up the year. I'm soaking my throat in some meds at this very moment.
img_888055_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

img_888055_1_812929a89c8d21a3e06f33ba601e32dd.jpg

Installed new modem. All lights are green. Life is good.

Glad you and your bud made it back Dawg! :D

Yep, Khan...green lights are good. :)

My day today....a very good one. Had to get kitty crunchies after my gig at the p.d. There's supposed to be freezing rain tomorrow. Looks like it will be a day to stay in and wear the warmies. :greetings10:

I spent an hour solving this damn puzzle last night, then made the mistake of undoing it. So today, I wasted another 30 minutes solving it again.

Puzzle 001.jpg

Puzzle 002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom