what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only beat you by 5F, in SW PA.

Wow, nobody did ANYTHING today. :cool:

We had lunch at the Elks Club with a friend visiting from Watertown and went to the Legion for exactly 1 brewski. We came home and watched some mindless TV. I made corned beef hash and fried eggs for dinner. Heavy on the ketchup for me! :LOL:

I'm surfing, listening to Solid Gold Oldies on a digital cable music station, and just plain goofing off while Mr B catches a short nap. :whistle:

UPDATE: Watching an Alan Ladd movie, "Lucky Jordan", on TCM.
D*mn he's handsome. Woooooooooooo [faint] ;)

To the contrary.

Ice skating, coffee drinking, watching the snow fall, watch DW make dinner, re-arranged snow, ate some cookies, and dancing is on in about 6 minutes.

So there.

Rode my bike down to look at some birds. Rode my bike to a different place to see different birds. Tried to walk the old dog, who wanted to just stand around and smell poo and pee. Ate some meat, which disagreed with me. In between all these things I goofed around on this forum, on a blog I frequent, and on facebook.

(stupid typos fixed)

Last edited:
Started unloading all our personal effects from the motorhome so I can list it for sale. Damn, we've loaded it with a bunch of stuff...
What kind of motorhome is it REWahoo? I might be looking for a class B in a few months (a Roadtrek ideally).

What? REWahoo is afraid of the soon-to-come $4/gal fuel price?

Is he going to get a Mercedes Sprinter chassis as replacement or are his travel days over?

Woke up at 11am. Then off to the gym for a couple of hours. Came home cooked dinner and watched the snow fall. We got over a foot here today.

REWahoo said:
It's a 40 ft diesel pusher - think of it as a big class B :)

Why are you selling REWahoo? I thought you and the missus really liked RVing:confused:

R

Being relatively new at this FIRE stuff (~3 months), I just figured out that DH and I could go out for a movie on a weekday afternoon - what a concept! The King's Speech was terrific - and no lines! Came back and Googled King George VI and Lionel Logue (fascinating stuff), a bit of golf practice in the back yard, then off to church for accountability group and choir practice. Leftovers for dinner while I finished up some volunteer work for our local United Way. And now I get to see what the other FIREds have done today! All is good (especially down here where is is NOT snowing!)

63 degrees today -- warm enough to get my haircut outside -- no cleanup.

Being relatively new at this FIRE stuff (~3 months), I just figured out that DH and I could go out for a movie on a weekday afternoon - what a concept! The King's Speech was terrific - and no lines! Came back and Googled King George VI and Lionel Logue (fascinating stuff), a bit of golf practice in the back yard, then off to church for accountability group and choir practice. Leftovers for dinner while I finished up some volunteer work for our local United Way. And now I get to see what the other FIREds have done today! All is good (especially down here where is is NOT snowing!)

That's what I did yesterday...saw Black Swan...oooooh my eyes!:eek:

I did it! I DID it! I DID IT!!!! :clap::clap::clap: The christmas tree is taken down and all stuff boxed and taped and put back up in the crawl space attic. A new record for procrastinating has been set. :LOL:
Today is my biennial bone density screening. I always have trouble holding still during the scan. :whistle: No past issues, so this will be a piece of cake. All those years of playing sports and not starving myself (poor nutrition) have paid off. :D

Just spent 20 minutes on the phone with an ex customer who retired 20 years ago at age 64. He said he was sitting in his den when he reached for his drink and knocked the coaster off the table. The coaster was an old advertising item we used to mail out to both customers and prospects. Round leather coaster with our company name, contact info, etc etched into it. Anyway, Mike says he's often looked at that coaster and wondered if we were still in business so today he decided to call and find out. Spent awhile filling him in on the nature of the business today. Asked him how retirement was treating him and he said "what's not to like?" Said he's stayed pretty healthy and he has no trouble occupying his time. Pleasant surprise to end the day with.

For the first time, DW decided she wanted to try using the snow thrower This is her starting on the neighbor's driveway.

It was hard writing the check for that machine but when we have a heavy wet snow like this one I's sure glad I spent the money!

Attachments

• Snow Thrower action 030.jpg
    Snow Thrower action 030.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 5

I loved the "King's Speech". I predict an Oscar sweep. A couple of months ago I read a biography on Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, and it was a very informative read, especially regarding the pivotal role she played during the 1930's and the 1940's.

For the first time, DW decided she wanted to try using the snow thrower This is her starting on the neighbor's driveway.

It was hard writing the check for that machine but when we have a heavy wet snow like this one I's sure glad I spent the money!
Wooo hooo, you go girl! ;)

I have a 14 HP snowblower that sits idle in the garage. Due to Mr B's periodic lower back issues and my tendinitis in both hands, we smartly opted for plowing service. I intend to keep it regardless of the service, just in case the plow guy ever has an equipment problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom