what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ladies at work wanted a standalone cabinet for their restroom. Finally finished it today.

Attachments

• 02232014 cabinet5.jpg
    02232014 cabinet5.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 18
Watched Olympic men's hockey final. Made breakfast. In that order.

Hand dug a 50' trench 12" deep in our back yard to run a gas line for our new Weber grill. It was 80 F today and I got a workout!:D

We went to church and brought our granddaughter home with us. Fixed a big Sunday dinner and had both of our children's families over to eat. We are going to start having the Sunday dinners that I remember from my youth once per month. My children are 10 1/2 yrs apart and are not close at all. I am hoping Sunday dinners will change this and they will get closer. We had a really nice time.

We went to church and brought our granddaughter home with us. Fixed a big Sunday dinner and had both of our children's families over to eat. We are going to start having the Sunday dinners that I remember from my youth once per month. My children are 10 1/2 yrs apart and are not close at all. I am hoping Sunday dinners will change this and they will get closer. We had a really nice time.
What a nice tradition to re-establish.

Dreamer, The Sunday dinner is a nice thought but if your children are like my side of the family we only seem to all get together a few times a year. Everyone's busy running here and there. On my husband's side, we get together 3 times a year. My husband and his brother are 13 years apart. The age was a big divider and they had nothing in common. My husband is a worker and has different hobbies. His brother doesn't do much more than sit and watch TV or go to his parents and complain he has no money.

what did you do today?

Very nice woodworking, Ronstar.

We just spent a few nights checking out the primitive campsites in Hoosier NF. Made Jiffy Pop popcorn over the campfire! Lol. 12 degrees one night kept the propane furnace going...

Going out today to pick up a replacement cell for my old QB2 battery pack, so I can use my Mecablitz 45CT4 flash. Been awhile. Need to also get a Wein Safety hotshoe, so I can use the old flash with my DSLR so it doesn't fry the circuits.

Oh yeah - gotta go grocery shopping, too.

Last edited:
Yesterday, made up a cable to allow me to control the movement of my telescope outside in the dome from inside. Now with the camera in use, I can view and move the scope without having to go outside other than to move the dome opening as needed. This will come in handy when I want to make a small adjustment to the FOV to center an object or to move to another object close by. Cable is a bit makeshift but if it works out as planned, will make a better version. Was using a new software for control and had some issues but contacted the developer and we had several back and forth sessions with debug tools to get him what he needed to sort it out. I was using a camera/scope mount that he didn't have a lot of experience with but got it working. The software also has a function where you take an image with your scope camera, it then compares the star locations to the known universe to give the the exact location where you're pointed, called "plate solving" and technique has been around a long time but this is integrated in to the same program used to control the scope and to take the images. Now that the camera and scope mount is working, will have to give this a try. I'm thinking it might be useful to confirm you are pointed at a really dim object before you start a long term exposure only to find out you weren't in the right place. Of course, this will depend on how easy it is to work with.

Finished my taxes, used TurboTax as usual. Will wait a week or two to file in case I get any 1099 corrections. Lucky me, I misunderstood how short term losses from previous years work so ended up being able to offset some long term gains this year that I had sent estimated tax payments to cover so will get it all back, hmmm, maybe I'll buy that cable for the telescope.

Cooked pizza in the outdoor oven, first time I fired it up in over 30 days as we had over 20" of snow and just too cold. Thought it might be a bit damp but was ready to cook in 2 hours, pizzas were good. Used a new dough recipe that had a bit of whole wheat flour and turned out well but needed to have been a little thinner. Ate pizza while watching the first two episodes of Season 6 of Doc Martin on DVD, we like this quirky show and enjoyed both of them. Only 8 episodes in the season so will have to ration them out a bit.

Up early as usual this morning, oven outside is still about 450 degrees so will cook a whole chicken later this morning for dinner during the week.

Last edited:
Went to an elementary school talent show with DW and assorted other inlaws. So glad I don't have to do that often. They're cute but....

Today is the long-anticipated baby shower. Well, for DW anyway. The guys are going to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center | National Air and Space Museum. I haven't been there since a few days after it first opened and I'm looking forward to that.

Ate pizza while watching the first two episodes of Season 6 of Doc Martin on DVD, we like this quirky show and enjoyed both of them. Only 8 episodes in the season so will have to ration them out a bit.

@davemartin88... I too am a Doc Martin fan! I record the shows and watch at my leisure, in the Houston area the show is on Thursdays evenings. I really like the village look and if I ever traveled outside of the US I'd go to Cornwall/Port Isaac. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakfast
Then physical therapy, 16 different exercises, each followed by a couple of minutes to let the 'snow globe effects' to settle down. Then let the nausea settle.
Lunch
Followed by 2 more repetitions of PT and nausea. Have a meclizine and valium.
Dinner.
I might have a Manhattan after dinner.
MRG

what did you do today?

Got my flash systems rebuilt, and all my gear packed in three carryout bags: camera essentials, flash accessories, and general accessories. Can't find my Bogen tripod. Can't find my camper keys. There's something else I can't find, but I can't remember what...

Assembling basic fishing equipment: decided I should learn to fish since we travel to NFs and canoe so much. Something to keep me out of the camper, and I've been doing a lot of cooking over the fire, so a few fish occasionally would go down well.

Covered the opening where the fridge vent cover used to be until my neighbors tree limb swatted it off. Ice storm coming in and wanted no leaks. Just a screw on cover, so no major repair.

Replaced the side mirror on my sons car.

Perused the global news.

Getting ready for a nap....

@davemartin88... I too am a Doc Martin fan! I record the shows and watch at my leisure, in the Houston area the show is on Thursdays evenings. I really like the village look and if I ever traveled outside of the US I'd go to Cornwall/Port Isaac. .
Big Doc Martin fan here too, but with characteristic lack of self-control when it comes to TV viewing, I watched all the episodes plus both of the movies with the help of Hulu over the course of a couple of weeks!

I spent the last 2 weeks putting together a well-stocked but lightweight hiking pack and I tested it for balance and comfort this morning. I am happy with the results.

Rode my exercise bike for awhile and now playing around with the Eclipse Android Software Development Kit. It's 9 below outside with a windchill of 30 below. The windchill warning extends through tomorrow so I will be staying inside.

- Went to Discount Tires for new tires for the car
- Grocery shopping at Target
- Updated the Net Worth SS and paid some bills
- Mowed the weeds in the backyard
- Took the dog for a 3 mile walk
- Surfed the Innerwebs for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom