What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you buy in Vancouver, WA? ER open house soon?
Yea, it is postal address Vancouver, though it is just out of city limits, so Clark County rules and regulations.

Here is an aerial view of the 1 1/4 acres. The field next door has cows grazing.

Attachments

• Ariel View.JPG
    Ariel View.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 59
Yea, it is postal address Vancouver, though it is just out of city limits, so Clark County rules and regulations.

Here is an aerial view of the 1 1/4 acres. The field next door has cows grazing.

Wow, that is magnificent! it looks so quiet, private, and lovely. After you get used to it, I'm half expecting that you may contact us asking to change your username from "Travelover" to "Homebody" or "Staying_Put_Forever". :D

Wow, that is magnificent! it looks so quiet, private, and lovely. After you get used to it, I'm half expecting that you may contact us asking to change your username from "Travelover" to "Homebody" or "Staying_Put_Forever". :D
I'm shopping for a zero turn riding mower just to cut it. That will keep me busy for a while.

Nice! I am envious already. Look at all the space for me to have a PV solar farm.

Congratulations! It’s a good thing this house is in Vancouver, WA, as opposed to Vancouver, BC, where you would need to be a gazillionaire to afford it!

Congratulations! It looks like a wonderful place. It seems like it's a world away from being here in Portland.

Congratulations! It’s a good thing this house is in Vancouver, WA, as opposed to Vancouver, BC, where you would need to be a gazillionaire to afford it!

Wait, you mean to tell me there is a Vancouver in BC, too?

Gym day, then a minor grocery run. I'd forgotten it was Saturday, and with snow forecast for tonight the place was jammed but they had enough cashiers that there was very little line. The snow started just as we left the gym and was heavy a few minutes after we got home.

The forecast says 1 to 3 inches of snow so I may get to use the new snow thrower yet this winter. But the weather has been unseasonably warm for the last week so the pavement is warm and what has come down so far isn't sticking. And early next week is back to unseasonably warm (74°!) so clearing it is optional anyway.

Hauled and set up gear earlier this afternoon at a venue and did a sound check for a gig later tonight. While there, I met a musical acquaintance who told me that their bass player is going out of town for a month and they need someone to sub for a gig in a couple weeks.

I already know about a dozen songs on their set list but it looks like I'm going to have to learn another 22 - 24 songs. Luckily I'm retired and have the time... :LOL:

I already know about a dozen songs on their set list but it looks like I'm going to have to learn another 22 - 24 songs. Luckily I'm retired and have the time... :LOL:

.....and the talent!

Got my taxes done, hoorah! I was procrastinating and feeling awful about the delay, so it feels good to have that off my "to do" list and DONE.

As always, I thought it would take 2-3 hours but it took 4-5 hours even with TurboTax. I have a relatively small amount still due, but due to low interest rates I went ahead and paid every cent I owed so I am DONE.

Then I went to EFTPS to schedule automatic quarterly estimated tax payments to the IRS for 2018, and did a similar scheduling for Louisiana estimated taxes through their website. DONE.

What a great feeling. After finishing, I looked at my records and saw that I did my taxes only 8 days later than last year. So that wasn't as bad as I had thought. Before getting them DONE I felt truly negligent. :LOL:

DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE!!! :dance:

Cutting, fitting, hanging and sweating copper pipe for my air compressor drops in the garage.

Got my taxes done, hoorah! I was procrastinating and feeling awful about the delay, so it feels good to have that off my "to do" list and DONE.

How is getting your taxes done 2 months early procrastinating? You're definitely out of the club. I haven't even bought TT for this year yet.

Watched the Opening Ceremonies for the 2018 Winter Olympics.

How is getting your taxes done 2 months early procrastinating? You're definitely out of the club. I haven't even bought TT for this year yet.

You're absolutely right! It's just the way I am, I guess.

I always think of January 31st as the deadline by which all of those tax documents are supposed to arrive, so February 1st is when I start thinking I'd better get the taxes done pronto. But really, there is no reason for that, I suppose. I'd just rather get it done so that it isn't hanging over my head.

My brokers advise that tax documents will not arrive before mid March.

Same as last year - :)

Finished the first round of coding on my raspberry pi based animated weather display. Weather doesn’t look good though.

Attachments

• IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    600 KB · Views: 46
Woke up to fresh snow and a day with highs in the 20s°F, and a bit of a breeze. After snowblowing the driveway we
decided the hot springs was the place to be.

It took a little conviction when we arrived, I suggested backing out but DW said I'm here let's go. Figure we've already bought a membership, it costs nothing to leave.

It was awesome with the steam coming off the springs. Making our way around snowy, ice walkways was more icing on the cake.

It was hard to see with all the fog. I kept myself neck deep most of the time, normally I'll keep my chest out more, but the breeze made it a little chilly on exposed skin.

After a lengthy walk to get a drink to refresh needed electrolytes, I realized it was really freaking cold outside with the breeze. After another fourty minutes I was done, too much heat. The drive home was interesting with windows and vents open.

This morning was extreemely rough. My 32 year old beard trimmer bit the dust. :) I'm going to order one with a vaccuume from Amazon. It will be hard, but I will probably survive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom