What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enrolled in the Million Veteran Program today.

MVP researchers use genetic, health, lifestyle, and military background information to understand how genes affect health and illness. Understanding differences in our genes can help explain why some people get diseases and respond to certain treatments while others don’t. This can also help health care providers offer better preventative care and treatments of illnesses and disease.

Individual genetic information is not currently returned to our MVP partners. However, Veterans, families, and their providers can use findings from MVP to make important health care decisions.

They are already up to around 800,000 participants and have some good results from this massive database they're building.

Yesterday with three granddaughters at the 'Musical Park':

Dealt with a leaky water heater. With wallet considerably lightened, all is better now and we're back to a first world standard of living.

Coffee with my ROMEO group at 7:00 AM, 10:00 AM pre-op physical with PCP, late breakfast with DW, took a 2 mile walk in the nice weather this afternoon.

We got 2" of rain last night and it cooled things down a bit here; yesterday it was 90F, today in the 70's.:cool:

Nemo, is that at Zwick's island?

No, it's a tad north of the kids' Pirate Ship Park along the Moira River, just south of the Veterans Memorial Bridge/Bell Blvd Extension.

No privacy concerns for me.
Information collected as part of MVP is stored in a secure database and is only available for research purposes. Genetic or health information from MVP is not entered in medical records or shared with insurance companies or employers. All MVP data is coded so that MVP researchers do not have full access to identifiable information such as contact information, date of birth, and social security number.

DW and I split and stacked firewood...in this case, Live Oak. It was downed about a year ago by hurricane Michael in SW Georgia. We were down visiting at SIL/BIL's farm this past weekend and I bucked up a pick-up load last Friday and we brought it home yesterday.

I opened a small mason jar in the fridge, thinking it was some leftover black olives. Instead it was coffee—some Starbucks that Lena is saving. Impossible to distinguish the two jars, but I noticed that Lena had put tape on the lid and labelled it "Decaf." After having an olive ...

I switched the lids.

Last edited:
Well that didn't take long.

I was lucky enough to be in the kitchen when she drank the olive juice from the jar.

"Oh, yuck! You switched the lids. You are so bad. That wasn't even funny."

But she was laughing while she said it and for a few minutes afterwards.

I was lucky enough to be in the kitchen when she drank the olive juice from the jar.

Good thing you knew the contents of both jars (kidding of course). I wonder if something like this can be part of a murder mystery in one of your books? You know, like the villain switches the jar lid and has cyanide in the switched jar?

I wonder if something like this can be part of a murder mystery in one of your books? You know, like the villain switches the jar lid and has cyanide in the switched jar?

I was thinking more on the lines of "...husband switches the jar lids for coffee and black olives to play a trick on wife and wakes up the next morning dead."

I was thinking more on the lines of "...husband switches the jar lids for coffee and black olives to play a trick on wife and wakes up the next morning dead."

"Luca Brasi sleeps with the olives."

The young wife and I got flu shots this morning. She also got the Shingrx vaccine. I never had chicken pox, so I didn't.

Gumby, that's a very common mistake that I made as well (much to my chagrin).

Many people have chicken pox as a child and show no symptoms whatever. I was one of them, and I thought I was safe. Not so! Go get the Shingrx. If you don't, and later develop shingles like I did, you'll regret it mightily.

If you don't, and later develop shingles like I did, you'll regret it mightily.

It's three years plus since shingles encroached on the cornea of my left eye.....recent visit to the eye surgeon he (finally) indicated that I could be treating it for as long as I live.

That reminds me of the time I was at Costco with my mom, who can't stand Asian food, especially the "fishy" kind. One of the food sample stands was offering sesame toasted seaweed squares, and she picked one up thinking it was a snack chip. Her reaction when she took a bite was priceless, like a baby tasting a lemon slice. I could have stopped her but...:rolleyes:

The young wife and I got flu shots this morning. She also got the Shingrx vaccine. I never had chicken pox, so I didn't.

If you never had chicken pox, you can get it from someone who has shingles. That could be really bad for an older person.

Walked for a bit, inspected the camper roof, took a short video for practice, did some organizing ...

Kind of a lazy day.

Looked at the new property listings that recently hit the MLS in my market

Daydreamed by myself at a local coffee shop for awhile

Visited dad and talked politics for an hour and a half (Brexit, Canadian elections, Spain, Syria, China/HK)

Called friend to discuss funding/support requirements for their business

Brainstormed a partnership idea with an investor

Read a franchise document

Worked out

Walked our miniature schnauzer 4 times today

A relaxing day

Last edited:
Got my hair styled (5 on top, 3 on the sides). Made a Costco run. Took a walk. Made a pot o’ chili.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom