What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repainted a bench chair. This is the 3rd time it has been repainted over the years.

Gumby, give it to NW so he can have somewhere to put his excess electricity.

Thanks for putting in a good word, but the batteries in hybrid cars are a bit limited for my application. I prefer EV batteries.

My current storage is 22 kWh, almost the size of the original LEAF battery at 24 kWh. I would love to have the 62-kWh battery of the 2019 LEAF Plus, if not the 100-kWh battery of the Tesla P100D.

Gym day, then moved the snow blower from the garage to the shed while DW was out (it's easier to move it when her car is gone). I also drained all fuel from the tank, fuel lines, and carburetor bowl.

Naturally this caused the forecast to include snow for tonight and tomorrow, but it's a small chance of very little snow, and the weather is so warm it cannot possibly stick to paved areas. I think.

Thanks for putting in a good word, but the batteries in hybrid cars are a bit limited for my application. I prefer EV batteries.

My current storage is 22 kWh, almost the size of the original LEAF battery at 24 kWh. I would love to have the 62-kWh battery of the 2019 LEAF Plus, if not the 100-kWh battery of the Tesla P100D.
OK, I'll start working an a free LEAF for ya. :LOL:

Last year, Nemo2 told a remarkable story about an incident he experienced in Spain during his European trip. It was much on my mind lately, as I had an eerily similar experience recently in Norway.

Got on a cruise ship and settled in, then went to the dining room for a buffet dinner. A minute or two after sitting down to eat, I was struck by a severe stomachache and closed my eyes for a moment.

Next thing I knew, it was several minutes later and I was flat on my back on the dining room floor, surrounded by at least a dozen people, including the ship’s doctor. DW told me that I had started responding oddly and my speech was slurred to the point I was hardly intelligible. She had gotten up and removed the knife and fork from my hands, and the waiters had gently put me on the floor. I knew nothing about all this. To the best of my knowledge, it was the first time in my life I had ever blacked out like that.

I gradually came out of it, and got to my feet. Since it was going to be almost four hours until the ship sailed, they wanted me to go to an ER ashore to get checked out. The very last thing I wanted to do, but I recognized the wisdom of it.

We took a taxi to the ER and only had to wait about an hour or so to be seen. While waiting, I realized that since I was wearing my Apple watch, I had a record of my heart rate. Looked at it and saw that it had dropped extremely low at the time of my episode. Explained the whole thing to the doctor, with DW describing most of it.

The good doctor patiently listened to the story and kept smiling the whole time (because he knew there was nothing to worry about), then explained it to me nicely. He called it a vasovagal syncope, which is just a fancy word for fainting.

I hadn’t eaten since a light breakfast that day, and I had also let myself become dehydrated (confirmed because my urine was pretty dark when I finally went). When my stomach suddenly called for an increased blood supply to start the digestion process as I began to eat, there wasn’t enough available and the blood drained from my upper body, depriving the brain of its supply. Heart rate (and blood pressure) dropped for the same reason. All because I was dehydrated and the blood was thicker than normal.

The doc told me it was completely harmless and nothing to worry about, which was a huge relief to me. He said that putting me on the floor got me back to normal, and I would have recovered even faster if they had thought to elevate my legs. Thanked him profusely and went back to the ship.

Incidentally, the whole thing wasn’t even worth putting in a medical claim for. Two taxi rides of around $25 each, and the consultation at the ER was about $45.

All because I let myself get dehydrated over a long travel day. Stay thirsty, my friends.

I had the same thing happen to me last weekend. I was having my hair cut and started feeling like I was going to pass out. The salon staff thought I was having a stroke, so they called 911. I ended up in the hospital for two days for observation. Had a lot of tests done, including a nuclear stress test. My discharge papers say that I was dehydrated. I now have a new cardiologist (for previously diagnosed AFib) who I will follow up with next week. It was definitely a scary situation.

I had the same thing happen to me last weekend. I was having my hair cut and started feeling like I was going to pass out. The salon staff thought I was having a stroke, so they called 911. I ended up in the hospital for two days for observation. Had a lot of tests done, including a nuclear stress test. My discharge papers say that I was dehydrated. I now have a new cardiologist (for previously diagnosed AFib) who I will follow up with next week. It was definitely a scary situation.

Wow! I shudder to think what the total bill for all that would be.

But at least two of us will be very conscious of the need to stay hydrated in the future.

One more beer.jpg

Went to Costco to have the tires on the toad replaced.

It bothered me a bit, when I thought that I had these tires for not that long. So, I looked up Quicken to see that I got these Michelin tires in 2014. It's a lot of money. And that was only 20K miles ago. There's still some thread left on the tires, but still.

Then, I remember that there are another 20K+ miles when the toad was towed behind the motorhome, including bad roads in Alaska.

And these miles were not logged on the odometer when the toad's transmission was in "neutral". :facepalm:

Back in May 2018 I was diagnosed with stage 1B pancreatic cancer, I elected to have the Whipple surgery that really took the wind from my sails, I completed chemo treatments about a month ago 15 sessions and had a ct/scan done on Monday of this week first time since surgery. My Oncologist called this AM and informed me that no cancer was detected and all internal organs were negative with exception of some spots and nodes that were benign no cancer has spread and they may have been there prior to cancer on the pancreas.
My wife and I were relieved after 9 months of ups and down physically and emotionally, I live everyday knowing I have been gifted and blessed and get to enjoy life a little longer, I don't fear death but sure glad I had a caring and loving caretaker everyday (my wife). :dance:

OMG! What a scary thing to battle. Really amazing that you beat it!

After urinating what appears to be pure blood, starting last night, (we called Telehealth, who didn't appear overly concerned......which drew to mind variations of the line "If you were doing it, I wouldn't be concerned either" ;) ), will be calling our doctor around 09:30 for further instructions on how to proceed.

Perhaps a kidney stone.....(I had one, sans blood, 36 years ago...not looking forward to another).......yesterday morning had a light day stair walking, only 1,700 risers.......lately I'm falling apart and it's starting to piss me off...(by way of melding the two situations together.:LOL: )

After urinating what appears to be pure blood, starting last night, (we called Telehealth, who didn't appear overly concerned......which drew to mind variations of the line "If you were doing it, I wouldn't be concerned either" ;) ), will be calling our doctor around 09:30 for further instructions on how to proceed.

Perhaps a kidney stone.....(I had one, sans blood, 36 years ago...not looking forward to another).......yesterday morning had a light day stair walking, only 1,700 risers.......lately I'm falling apart and it's starting to piss me off...(by way of melding the two situations together.:LOL: )
Hope this passes quickly and uneventfully.

Rotated tires on one of my pickup trucks. Then went and set some minnow traps for bait for spring fishing.

If there is any delay in contacting your doctor, I think you should go to the emergency room! That's a lot of blood to be losing. :(

Found a cave on a Sedona hike. I spent several hours researching this spot, thinking that it was not well known. Got there, soon followed by several groups of hikers.

Attachments

• eddie in cave.jpg
    eddie in cave.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
If there is any delay in contacting your doctor, I think you should go to the emergency room! That's a lot of blood to be losing. :(

DW spoke to the doctor's office this a.m. As with Telehealth they appeared unconcerned about the blood in the urine, (several hours later it's still there), but said if I cannot urinate at all, then get down to emerg.

So.....to paraphrase the old Dusty Springfield song I'm "Drinkin' and Pissin'". :confused:

DW spoke to the doctor's office this a.m. As with Telehealth they appeared unconcerned about the blood in the urine,

Keep track of the color.

Years ago when I had my first prostate biopsy, one of the instructions was to not worry if I saw "some blood in the urine."

First time I peed after that it was bold, bright red and it scared me half to death. Called the doc's office and was told not to worry about it, because it just meant the needle had nicked a blood vessel. The urine stream stayed red for about three days, with the color gradually getting less red, then pink, then paler and paler until it was normal again.

This may not have anything to do with your case, but then again it just might. A tiny burst blood vessel can happen anywhere at any time.

It's always fun to post in this thread. So far today, I have been on two outside walks, one with my DH in our 'hood and one with my BF at a small lake near by. I made pancakes and cookies and now we are just chilling and watching TV.

Tonight I have book club meeting, so that is a good chance to get out of the house and have a nice dinner.

This may not have anything to do with your case, but then again it just might. A tiny burst blood vessel can happen anywhere at any time.

Doctor's nurse told DW that, if I have a polyp or an entire entourage of them perhaps, it/they could bleed - likewise a kidney stone could have the same effect.

So...today it's been drink, whizz, drink, whizz, drink, whizz.......DW asked if I wanted another tea....told her "No thanks....I just put one out".

(Oh...urologist's secretary did advance the scope to March 26.)

Keep track of the color.

Years ago when I had my first prostate biopsy, one of the instructions was to not worry if I saw "some blood in the urine."

First time I peed after that it was bold, bright red and it scared me half to death. Called the doc's office and was told not to worry about it, because it just meant the needle had nicked a blood vessel. The urine stream stayed red for about three days, with the color gradually getting less red, then pink, then paler and paler until it was normal again.

Yeah, a little blood can add a lot of red.

Spent the morning enjoying being healthy, pain free and drug free. Will spend the rest of the day appreciating those that helped the past week.

Doctor's nurse told DW that, if I have a polyp or an entire entourage of them perhaps, it/they could bleed - likewise a kidney stone could have the same effect.

So...today it's been drink, whizz, drink, whizz, drink, whizz.......DW asked if I wanted another tea....told her "No thanks....I just put one out".

(Oh...urologist's secretary did advance the scope to March 26.)

I would skip the step climbing until then .That may be aggravating it .

I have passed blood in the urine in the past, but not in recent years. It was all due to kidney stones, and was accompanied by a lot of pain. A continual blood passing would not be good, as it could be a sign of kidney cancer.

A continual blood passing would not be good, as it could be a sign of kidney cancer.

Thankfully, I don't have these other symptoms:

Low back pain on one side (not caused by injury)
A mass (lump) on the side or lower back.
Fatigue (tiredness)
Loss of appetite.
Weight loss not caused by dieting.
Fever that is not caused by an infection and that doesn't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom