What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD and her family just left after a long weekend. I'm exhausted, but quite happy. The grandson is sooo busy! DD worked the weekend at a women's retreat at the kid's camp up here. Son-in-law and grandson entertained me all weekend. SIL and I went skiing Friday. Saturday we hung out and today SIL cooked a great breakfast and an awesome cake that we enjoyed before the left for home. My birthday is tomorrow and that is why all the special treatment. This evening I will just enjoy a quiet time by the fire.

Happy Birthday to You!

Taking the car in this morning, tire has a slow leak, either needs repair or a new tire. Will drop off and walk back, a brisk walk on this foggy morning.

Happy Birthday, pacergal!

I made tapioca pudding today - the "entirely from scratch" kind, with overnight soaking, separated eggs, whipped whites folded in. I had never tried it before. So good! What I imagine the ambrosia of the gods must taste like. But so much more filling than most puddings.

This morning we rode our bikes to pickleball, played for a couple hours, and rode back to the condo for lunch. We will head to the pool at some point this afternoon. So far our snowbird experiment is going well.

This morning we rode our bikes to pickleball, played for a couple hours, and rode back to the condo for lunch. We will head to the pool at some point this afternoon. So far our snowbird experiment is going well.

Sounds like a perfect Monday in retirement life!

Grilled some marinated chicken breasts on the grill. Chopped up one and mixed that in with some long grain rice and had half of that for lunch. And ordered the free Covid tests. We have four at the moment anyway so there's no rush on it. And my previously ordered book about the Boeing B-29 bomber "The Saga of the Superfortress" by Steve Birdsall, arrived so I can start on that later.

70s today so I'm washing all the bedding and putting it on the clothesline. Then finished cleaning house. Will go for a hike while everything dries

I finally get to join this thread after having FIRE'd in late January :)

Had a dentist appointment in the morning, picked up a sandwich from the shop next door to eat for lunch. Started a rollover on my HSA. Going out for a run in a bit and probably a nap before dinner, then plant myself on the sofa to watch the Olympics.

I love retired life so far.

I had an ENT appointment today and took the Model Y to Durango. I hadn't driven it much since the big snow over the holidays. Since then they upgraded the UI and it's all different. Not too bad as there's voice commands for most things you use but it did add some thought process. As I'm putting cruise/autodrive back on the music changed to Don't Fear the Reaper and a comedian screaming about cowbells. Meanwhile the display showed the road lit up like a rainbow [emoji304]. WTF? I was going 70mph up a mountain and what's going on. After several minutes of me trying everything I could think of it went back to the music I had on and the display was normal again. After the initial shock I had a memory about something in the release notes about some Easter eggs and I unwittingly launched one. I'm going to disable that.

The ENT appointment was about as exciting. I went in complaining about my "allergies", her opinion was a deviated septum. It wasn't the first time I was told mine was, but it was the first time someone suggested it could be the cause of other problems. The surgeon came in and talked about the surgery and said mine was severe and should help my complaints.. so next month I am having it done. This afternoon their office called to tell me the out of pocket was $232 for the part B deductible.

Watching Olympics, love it!

Closed on the boat deal. Title search proceeding. I swear this is just like buying a house!

Getting excited to visit Isabella Lake soon, where we are thinking of retiring. :D

Which means, we still work. :angel:

Closed on the boat deal. Title search proceeding. I swear this is just like buying a house!

Nice!!! Yeah, I know business is business and everything has to be checked twice and all that is good to an extent.

I bought land a farm in the early 80's on handshakes. Did have an attorney draw up a buy/sell agreement and done. Didn't cost much for that process.

We went out and kicked the weeds around came up with a price shook hand and no issues. We knew each other so trust wasn't an issue and thing everyone had and did back then.

It doesn't work that way anymore.

Please keep us posted on that new purchase. A new purchase and new adventure are so well worth it. My last large land purchase will keep me busy for years to come. I'm always improving the land, cleaning up, building, fixing, adding my touches. I will be planting trees this spring and planting alfalfa and all of that keeps me young at heart and is good for my soul. The same I'm sure is true for that large purchase of yours.

Last edited:

Wait. How do you close the deal if the title search is not done? :confused:

I guess you could close if paying cash. Good idea? Hmm..........

Thanks! I've got the same "what did I just do" after buying the houses too. Lotta dough.

But I've got a place to park it and I got the seller to go down a grand (crusty old bastard according to broker) so just a grand over the surveyor's estimate. And hey, what's a grand in the boat world eh...pocket jingle.

Broker is going to schedule me another boat ride (training session) with a captain to go over topside controls and procedures, engine room controls and locations, and some more "time at the wheel"

Going to use my (other boat) chart plotter, ordered up a new power cable and cradle so I'll have a "map of the river" functional on the fly bridge before I do the first big adventure, 87 miles to the new dock.

We go from here.

Thanks! I've got the same "what did I just do" after buying the houses too. Lotta dough.

But I've got a place to park it and I got the seller to go down a grand (crusty old bastard according to broker) so just a grand over the surveyor's estimate. And hey, what's a grand in the boat world eh...pocket jingle.

Broker is going to schedule me another boat ride (training session) with a captain to go over topside controls and procedures, engine room controls and locations, and some more "time at the wheel"

Going to use my (other boat) chart plotter, ordered up a new power cable and cradle so I'll have a "map of the river" functional on the fly bridge before I do the first big adventure, 87 miles to the new dock.

We go from here.

Pretty exciting. Keep us posted, and we need pics! :cool:

We had granddaughter over night for sleep and till noon today. We had a great time together.
National Pizza Day today so having pizza for lunch. About 40 degrees and snowing lightly will go out after lunch and work on a hoop net for fishing.

Resting today after 18 holes of golf (walking) and walking the dog afterwards. I guess 18,000 + plus steps shown on my Fitbit wore me out. :LOL:

Tonight, I go walk 1/2 the golf course with my friends @ 7:00 PM (in the dark then go to the bar for a late snack and a cold one.

Resting today after 18 holes of golf (walking) and walking the dog afterwards. I guess 18,000 + plus steps shown on my Fitbit wore me out. :LOL:

Tonight, I go walk 1/2 the golf course with my friends @ 7:00 PM (in the dark then go to the bar for a late snack and a cold one.

You're burning up the shoe leather with all those steps. Lol That is awesome!

You're burning up the shoe leather with all those steps. Lol That is awesome!

Thanks! I'm starting to work to get in shape for the golf season after laying off for a couple of months when we have winter here. At 78 years old, I'm surprised how out of shape I can get with a short time off, even walking 8,000 steps per day during our winter. The stamina goes away pretty quick.

Last PT visit for neck muscle spasm..Been dealing with this since October, finally feeling a bit better and more manageable. I can sleep and wake up with out too much pain.

Heading out to the library later, then DH and I will go for our walk this afternoon, hopefully the sun will return by then.

Got a 45 min spin ride done this morning on the Peloton, followed by 20 min yoga.

My SO's health insurance (that I am now using as his domestic partner) has a wellness program so spent some time looking at the various categories to earn 'points' so we can qualify for the maximum premium discounts (~$500/yr for both of us) for next year. I think its very do-able.

Going to clean the house this afternoon and then get a nice pork loin into the slow cooker for dinner. Maybe a nice afternoon nap after that's done.

More Olympics to watch tonight!

Took a hike with 20+ bald eagle sightings. Picked up a map I made at the printer. Brought it to Hobby Lobby and had it mounted on backer board. Now to frame it and give it to a local museum. And went to the hardwood store for some wood to make a medieval viking sea chest.

Pretty exciting. Keep us posted, and we need pics! :cool:

Here she is!

51873256785_14f9029b6b_o.jpg

Looking forward to a new adventure - :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom