What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and then she said "I don't need to see you any more."

But in this case that's a good thing because the "she" is/was my oncologist at the follow up appointment this morning.

Five years since the last melanoma surgery and nothing new. That's good news.:dance:

Congrats on the boat Robbie, that sure looks nice and I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

Congrats, Walt. That's great news.

Went to the bank and wired 93 grand to the broker. The deal is done!

Congrats on the purchase! Blowing that dough! :D

Pretty quiet day today. I decided that the weather was decent enough (actually it's GREAT!) to clean the pool filter and was happy to see that it wasn't too bad. Now I am trying to get the motivation to start on the taxes but...well, that will probably wait another day or two.

Good to hear your oncologist doesn't need to see you anymore!

Yeah Poseidon. Surely don't want to piss him off, he can release the Kracken!

Nice boat, Robbie.
Great news Walt!

Walked the pooch on the beach, returned to find tech from the solar company lurking out front. He was going to hang out till the city permit inspector showed up. Inspection was passed an hour later. Still have to wait for utility company to give us the thumbs up to turn it on.

While waiting for the inspection, got on virtual hold with American Airlines. They finally decided to 'make an exception' and let us use the ticket credit for our cancelled flights from Italy home. (That trip was canceled when the cruise line canceled our transatlantic cruise.) The issue was the tickets were one way Milan - San Diego - and billed in Euros. Despite being booked from my living room in San Diego and using a US credit card and the amount showing on my statement in dollars. My first attempt to use the credit involved a couple hours to be told since the credit was Euros I couldn't use it for a South America trip we have planned. This morning got the email with the "exception for you"... so I have now booked our flights into Lima and out of Quito. Yay!!!

And I finished up my older son's taxes. Sent them for his approval before I efile them.

I guess I earned lunch today. :)

On a documented vessel, you can change or keep the name. It must have a name and a port of call displayed on the stern. If you change the name you have to get the old one painted over and a new one painted on.

If it was a name you didn't like, sure, why go around with your boat named something that upsets you?

Went to the bank and wired 93 grand to the broker. The deal is done!

That is interesting! Congratulations that is a great way to spend some dough. I can imagine the enjoyment you and your Ship Mate will have at sea. Lol

Great news indeed, Walt.

I had an interesting exchange with Samsung this afternoon. There’s a widespread shortage of cooktops, just when we need a new one. Samsung showed some suddenly supply available in May and said they were taking orders. I asked (twice) and they said no charge until the product ships.

So I ordered, and my credit card pinged immediately with the charge. This irritated me so I opened a new chat. Previous chat wait times were 4 minutes, this was 2 hours. The rep finally got on and confirmed that they didn’t charge, only put a hold on my card. I agree it’s not actually a charge, it is treated as one by the CC issuer - a charge, just not due, but still reported to the credit monitoring agency as debt. I cancelled the order and will take some time to figure our options.

So I ordered, and my credit card pinged immediately with the charge. This irritated me so I opened a new chat. Previous chat wait times were 4 minutes, this was 2 hours. The rep finally got on and confirmed that they didn’t charge, only put a hold on my card. I agree it’s not actually a charge, it is treated as one by the CC issuer - a charge, just not due, but still reported to the credit monitoring agency as debt.

Same thing happened to me recently when I ordered my new Aeron chair from Herman Miller. They pinged my card as soon as I ordered it and that triggered a notification on my phone. But the charge didn't actually show on my card until they shipped it, a few weeks later, as I could see by looking at the card account online.

Stern shot;

51874521264_3cc1f75e50_o.jpg

Great news indeed, Walt.

I had an interesting exchange with Samsung this afternoon. There’s a widespread shortage of cooktops, just when we need a new one. Samsung showed some suddenly supply available in May and said they were taking orders. I asked (twice) and they said no charge until the product ships.

So I ordered, and my credit card pinged immediately with the charge. This irritated me so I opened a new chat. Previous chat wait times were 4 minutes, this was 2 hours. The rep finally got on and confirmed that they didn’t charge, only put a hold on my card. I agree it’s not actually a charge, it is treated as one by the CC issuer - a charge, just not due, but still reported to the credit monitoring agency as debt. I cancelled the order and will take some time to figure our options.

I don't know that all issuers do this. When I have had a similar hold when the statement closes out, it's not reported as owed or as a balance on the credit report.

Stayed around home today and serviced a couple lawn mowers and trash pump for this year. It was about 50 degrees and everywhere is mud or water so got a good chance to do some of those things. Took a couple of walks and got in touch with a ranch neighbor that has some equipment on my land, to see if he could move it, so I can seed that area this spring.

Thanks. There are dual controls salon and fly bridge and an auto pilot. HVAC is electric and there is an 8.5 KW diesel generator on board. The fridge will run on electric or propane, the stove is electric.

How many batteries on board? If lead-acid, time for you to get nice lithium batteries so that the diesel generator does not have to run as often.

Starting out as a sunny day so far, DH plans to mow the lawn, I may get out later and pull some of the old growth from the garden, then we will go for a relaxing drive. But plan to be home before the friday evening traffic!

Heading out to the store to pick up some food for Superbowl Sunday. Then home and lunch. After lunch I'll head to a nearby trail for a 4 mile hike. Then SO and I will head to happy hour after he's done with his w*rkday.

What did you do today? - 2022 version

What did I do today? :LOL:

We're both having sinus trouble today (which is a very common thing here in New Orleans). So, we called off our plans to go grocery shopping and instead decided to just sit around "like a bump on a log" and do absolutely nothing. It's hard to get enthused about anything else when you feel like a horse just stepped on your face. :LOL:

I'm sure we'll be fine later on. For once I'm glad I already had Covid, because I know for sure what that feels like, and this isn't the same thing. PFTD: Nap, goof around on the internet, nap again, play my video game.

So glad I don't have to work any more, especially on days like this.

Congrats, Robbie. She is a beauty.

Great news, Walt.

Hope you feel better soon, W2R.

Reactions: W2R
It was insanely warm for February in Pennsylvania today. I pulled some weeds, raked up dead leaves around some of the beds in the backyard. I made homemade mayo, hard boiled some eggs. Balanced chemicals in the hot tub. Then got in it with DH.

I did an overnight sous vide of a portion of pork loin. It will get shredded for pulled pork for dinner tonight. Then we’ll watch a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey. DH has not seen it at all.

DH has suddenly had multiple calls to play keyboards for high school musicals. He’s doing four in the next six weeks. He has really missed doing musicals-he’s really good at that style of music and there is magic in immersing oneself in a show with friends. Covid numbers are rapidly dropping here, so we are feeling pretty good for now.

I made homemade mayo, hard boiled some eggs. Balanced chemicals in the hot tub. Then got in it with DH.

I did an overnight sous vide of a portion of pork loin. It will get shredded for pulled pork for dinner tonight. Then we’ll watch a couple of episodes of Downton Abbey. DH has not seen it at all.

So, basically, a lot of eggs and hot water, huh? :LOL:

It started out as a nice day so decided to fill the wood shed from the wood piles down below the house. I plowed a path to the wood piles and shoveled out the snow right beside the wood. Then with the help of DS we put the sided palette on the back of the plow truck and made three trips back and forth to fill the wood shed. It was great timing. The snow is falling heavily now and i have a good fire going in the wood stove.

Shampooed the master bedroom carpet and made up one of my gigunda salads that takes an hour and a half to make and more than fills one of those giant Tupperware bowls (the biggest one they sell). So I'll be eating salads for about the next week or ten days.

The incentive for the carpet cleaning was noticing that the little room humidifier was spattering the carpet with something brown, probably minerals that were in the water. Shampooing didn't touch it, so I'll be consulting various search engines for a possible solution. I've got to find it or this will be just the excuse that DW's been looking for to replace the carpet. The carpet that she picked out. Apparently after 20 years she doesn't like it anymore. Go figure.:angel:

Replace the 20 year old carpet. I’ll bet the backing and the padding is breaking down. We waited too long to replace ours. It was a mess underneath.

Had a lovely day!

Hubby mowed and I weed-eated (weed-ate?) most of the day today. We really needed to mow - the grass was getting very tall and would have been unmanageable soon. The ground was finally dry enough to get the mowing tractor into (most of) the pasture.

The temperature was in the high 70s, and the acacia trees, cherry trees, plum trees and daffodils are blooming - so beautiful. We need rain badly, but since we aren't getting it (sigh...) we might as well enjoy this lovely "spring" day here in Northern California!

Shampooed the master bedroom carpet and made up one of my gigunda salads that takes an hour and a half to make and more than fills one of those giant Tupperware bowls (the biggest one they sell). So I'll be eating salads for about the next week or ten days.

The incentive for the carpet cleaning was noticing that the little room humidifier was spattering the carpet with something brown, probably minerals that were in the water. Shampooing didn't touch it, so I'll be consulting various search engines for a possible solution. I've got to find it or this will be just the excuse that DW's been looking for to replace the carpet. The carpet that she picked out. Apparently after 20 years she doesn't like it anymore. Go figure.:angel:

simple solution: place a towel or mat under the humidifier, stop further damage and hide current spots! That is what I do.
Of course, since the damage is already done, carpet replacement may be next, if your DW can't "unsee" it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom