What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people wouldn't understand and it certainly isn't as important as other issues affecting our lives but it was a sad day for me.

I have been riding motorcycles for a number of years and then 12 years ago I bought my new dream motorcycle with the intention of riding it across country to the west coast when I retired. Due to a number of surgeries since the purchase in the past 10 years and lately beginning to have some balance issues riding became just too dangerous. I was hoping to get past all of that but those issues have taken their toll. So doing my "easy rider" trip never happened and the motorcycle is now sold.

Bummer!

We never did the "room by room" thing, it was "the job"

Sometimes the job was just a single room, bedroom and kitchen for instance. But for flooring it's better to do it as one because the slats will all line up.

Ah boats - :)

It's good to see a lot of boats, helps you make up your list of gotta haves, like to have and preferred.

Gotta have;
Enough head room in the salon so I don't have to bend. I'm 6-2 and been in boats that don't
Gotta be able to walk the deck bow to stern on both port and starboard sides w/o fear of falling off or squeezing along.
Gotta have diesel power, one engine with bow thruster preferred, 2 engines if not.
Gotta have a flying bridge
Gotta have a standard queen size bed
Gotta have a generator, fridge, stove, sink

Like to have heat and AC
Like to have electric heads

I was hoping to get past all of that but those issues have taken their toll. So doing my "easy rider" trip never happened and the motorcycle is now sold.

Bummer!

I can relate. I had hoped to be the only guy in the CCRC still riding my motorcycle, but afib and the anticoagulant drug that goes with it put a stop to that. It was very hard to sell it. But I figured (and the doc confirmed) that a fall that would be "bumps and bruises" for anyone else might well cause fatal hemorrhaging for me. Photo is from right after I bought the bike.

In preparation for the eight to twelve inches of snow forecast for Sunday night into Monday we made an AM grocery run, stopping on the way for new windshield wiper blades for the 4WD pickup truck. Checked over the snow blower for any obvious issues, found none. Sent a sympathy email to my younger sister who lives near Atlanta, GA about the snow they're about to get. All one inch of it. Maybe.

Our next door neighbor is having a very, very, very bad day. Yesterday when we came home from an outing we saw a plumber's truck in the driveway, nothing comment-worthy about that. But two hours later there was a ServiceMaster Restore truck there for several hours, which says someone is having a very bad day. Today when we got back from the grocery run there were three large ServiceMaster Restore trucks in the driveway. That says "very, very, very bad day". Last year they spent gobs of money finishing off the large basement. I now see big chunks of soaking wet stuff being loaded in to a dump truck. Hope their homeowner's insurance is paid up.:(

Attachments

• Motorcycle 1 2010-01-20 001.jpg
    Motorcycle 1 2010-01-20 001.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 43
Nice bike!!! It'll go fast

I'm trying to budget. So hard to get out of savers mentality. Anyway bought cooktop today to be installed 2/15/22 so kitchen is done.

Nice bike!!! It'll go fast

I'm trying to budget. So hard to get out of savers mentality. Anyway bought cooktop today to be installed 2/15/22 so kitchen is done.
xSIL just gave his estimate and the real reason why GD lives here. He became an anti-vaxer and refused to let my DD her the 7th grade shots. Homeschooled 7th, 8th, 9th grade and hated it. Got vaxed, moved in, and now in a brick & mortar high school. He was very quiet about it but DD moved her here & took her in for 7 shots.

FWIW she's doing very well in school and on the BB Team

[emoji849] where does this even come from?

I don't know. I do know that if you're an anti vaxxer I won't be spending any time with you.

Organized my motley collection of knitting needles and supplies and got them off of the coffee table in the TV room where they've lived in a messy pile since pandemic. Feels great, looks better!

Ah boats - :)

It's good to see a lot of boats, helps you make up your list of gotta haves, like to have and preferred.

Gotta have;
Enough head room in the salon so I don't have to bend. I'm 6-2 and been in boats that don't
Gotta be able to walk the deck bow to stern on both port and starboard sides w/o fear of falling off or squeezing along.
Gotta have diesel power, one engine with bow thruster preferred, 2 engines if not.
Gotta have a flying bridge
Gotta have a standard queen size bed
Gotta have a generator, fridge, stove, sink

Like to have heat and AC
Like to have electric heads

The market is dropping. Perhaps it's not too late to do some AA rebalancing and move some equities to the boat asset category.

Went for a hike, watched concrete floor go in at friend's pole barn, went shopping at Polaris and John Deere dealers for a ranger/ gator, and a few hours of woodworking.

I need a Polaris ranger or John Deere gator (enclosed cab) to plow our driveway. Too cold plowing on my atv.

Got a haircut from my wife. She has been cutting my hair since Covid. It's good to have the hair off my ears and my neck. It drove me crazy.

That's pretty much my accomplishment for the day. Oh, I managed to sell 5 covered call contracts for $1190 before the bottom fell out of the market.

I helped my next door neighbor assemble his new bandsaw and associated moveable base out in his workshop. It was a fun little chore for us to do together, and a very nice bandsaw (Grizzly 14"). He gave me his old Rikon.

Then I smoked a rack of baby back ribs for dinner. Also sharpened all the knives in the house.

Last edited:
We went to the city for a Dr. appointment for wife. I replaced an axe handle and replaced a push button to lower and raise garage door. Went for a couple mile walk on this beautiful day.

Our snow is melting and water running all over with the beautiful warm temperatures.

The market is dropping. Perhaps it's not too late to do some AA rebalancing and move some equities to the boat asset category.

Yup, did that. Called the broker and ordered up a hundred and sixty grand. Eighty from the IRA and 80 from the after tax.

Most people wouldn't understand and it certainly isn't as important as other issues affecting our lives but it was a sad day for me.

I have been riding motorcycles for a number of years and then 12 years ago I bought my new dream motorcycle with the intention of riding it across country to the west coast when I retired. Due to a number of surgeries since the purchase in the past 10 years and lately beginning to have some balance issues riding became just too dangerous. I was hoping to get past all of that but those issues have taken their toll. So doing my "easy rider" trip never happened and the motorcycle is now sold.

Bummer!

Oh man, I love motorcycles. Sorry for your loss. :(

I hope the day never comes for me. But I suppose it will.
I gotta do that trip!

Yup, did that. Called the broker and ordered up a hundred and sixty grand. Eighty from the IRA and 80 from the after tax.

Alrighty! We are all looking forward to seeing the photo of the yacht.

I used to have 4, now down to 2 and soon just one.

Gonna sell the BMW R1200RT and keep the Triumph Bonneville T100. Just gotta have a bike. But my days of hours in the saddle resulting in a numb ass are over. My ass gets numb enough in a car seat - :)

More dough for the "boat fund"

Received in the US Mail a yellow pages phone book.
West San Fernando Valley version, about 3/8" thick.
A phone book. What?! :LOL:

We just finished watching "Friends With Money", a 2006 movie.

I don't understand how people get so miserable while they should not have the problems they have.

If there are people like this in real life, perhaps they should be sent to Afghanistan for a time to cure their misery. They will then realize that they had nothing to complain about, and will come back so happy.

Last edited:

Bummer!

I'm not most people and I do understand sir. I still have my RSV as well as m little trailer I pull behind for long trips. It was a lot easier to pull along so mama could get more stuff in it than the saddle bags. But I am getting really close to facing the reality of not being able to go on it before long. This past year I didn't put on enough miles to need an oil change but I did one any way. I'm sorry to see what & why you had to go that route but I do "get it"! :(

These discussions about boats make me think of Mr. Toad from Wind In The Willows. :D

“Believe me my young friend, there is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” -- Ratty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom