What Have You Not Done That You Wanted To

This is a must before I kick off

Haven't been there for 37 1/2 years, but loved the old city of Jerusalem...(among other places)..hoping to get back in the Fall of 2020...DW hasn't been.

Everyone here sounds so accomplished! I loved reading everyone’s responses. I started learning Spanish but it was no fun because I didn’t have a friend that I could practice with. Also, I was wondering where and when I would use the language. I was also going to read all the classics. Don’t know what happened to that idea. I wanted to volunteer with a literacy program where they pair you with an adult that can’t read. However, they required a six month commitment and that would mean we would have to put our RVing on hold. :(

My dream was to travel for weeks at a time once retired. I find we seldom travel far and it’s ok. My husband doesn’t love travel, we now have 6 grandchildren who we adore, and we have 13 pets. We love the pets and grandkids far more than extensive travel. I never expected it to be this way, but I’m very happy.

Makes me realize, reading these comments, it's OK not to have done many of the things I wanted to do. There's got to be at least a dozen that I read in the comments that I've forgone--learning Spanish, scuba, flying et al. Throw in learning Chinese too. I now forget, was it Mandarin or what's the other one? Oh well.

I've now gotten into podcasts. Even use Youtube videos as podcasts. Like the unread books, great way to fall asleep.

Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail has been on my bucket list for a very long time. Innumerable hours spent researching and planning it. I finally got around to actually getting ready to do it this year and discovered during a short practice hike that my bum hip will no longer support that kind of hiking with a backpack of any weight at all. Extremely disappointed, but I'll get over it.

DW, OTOH, set herself a goal a few years ago of doing a half marathon in every state. She's up close to 40 now, despite a few periods of enforced rest due to foot or knee problems. She's a walker, not a runner, but I'm still hugely impressed. Especially considering that she's overweight.

We're hitting two of my other bucket list items this year. This past March we went above the Arctic Circle to see the Northern Lights, and that was great. In another couple of months we're going to Antarctica, so both extremes in the same year. Yeah, blowing that dough but that's why we accumulated it after all!

Back
Top Bottom