What Have You Not Done That You Wanted To

Bir48die

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So I had this idea that I would read a massive book on American History. Ordered in on Amazon three and a half years ago. Starts in the 1500's. Never made it out of page 15. Kept nodding off.

Picked it up again three years later. Skipped a hundred years. Nodded off after five pages. There is no hope for me.

Just curious what plan you had that never came to fruition no matter how mundane or grandiose the idea was.

I'm looking at the good side of this.

Over 30 years ago, a good friend recommended a book to me. I bought it and began to read it. For many, many years I had it at my bedside, and opened it whenever I had difficulty getting to sleep. It always did the trick! Now, after several decades, I think I'm past page 100, and it's a very, very long book. So the recommendation turned out to be a good one, just not in the way he intended. :LOL:

DW and I have been to Key West 5-6 times. Every time we say "lets take the boat to Dry Tortugas", but we have never done it (yeah, it takes a whole day).

Going again in November, for the Power Boat Races. THIS time. We WILL do it.

I like candles. Candles can be expensive. I decided to make my own candles.

Step 1 - get a bottle cutting kit (make candles out of old wine bottles), wax, thermometer, etc.

Step 2 - discover that cutting bottles is way harder than you thought it would be.

Step 3 - find a place to store the un-cut bottles and hide the wax/etc so my wife wouldn't ask me "when are you going to make those candles" :)

Different twist on the question.
Always wanted to dunk the basketball in high school. Worked my way up to dunking a softball, but then tore my cartilage and never jumped as high again. Oh well....

+1
  • Finish writing my first book.
  • Finish reading Lord of the Rings (I could get through Centennial, but for some reason, in junior high, I just couldn't finish LOTR!
  • Finish deleting my bad digital photos (~1/3 of >100K)
  • Dive a lot of places
  • See great whites
  • Go on safari
  • Finish my bucket list

Thought I would do a multiday bicycle tour when I retired, but never got around to it. Arthritis and knee injuries may have been the death blow to that idea.

still haven't gotten to alaska, hawaii or australia. was all set to do a week in hawaii and 3-weeks in aus. for our 25th in 1995 when work intervened. we were moving ops to a new building and it was all hands on deck. work then life kept getting in the way. one day.

Have not visited Morocco or India...yet.

Have not done a 2-3month rental in France, Portugal, Spain, or Mexican Pacific Coast...yet.

Have been from Norway in the north to Chile in the south, but not China or New Zealand yet.

Build a custom moped. Ride it from the Puget Sound to Key West.

Been to northern Spain couple of times. Travel buddy all excited about doing a couple of hundred miles on the Camino Santiago, he's enlisted me as a cohort. Can't say I'm all that excited about it but he is so may just do it next spring/summer. Started increasing my hikes and not sure my one knee thinks this is a good idea.

Learn to speak Spanish. I've started about 10 times but I don't stick with it.

Hot air balloon ride. Finally going to do it next year when I go to Morocco.

Learn to speak Spanish. I've started about 10 times but I don't stick with it.

Buddy does. I don't. Makes Spain and Mexico a lot easier. When we wander into Portugal gets a little tougher. Just got back from France and even in non touristy areas fared pretty well. Would also like to add that we found the French very hospitable, even in Paris. Suspect that if you don't act like an ass, they won't either.

Back
Top Bottom