What song did (or will) you leave with?

If you have special skill sets or an above-average competence level that is greatly unappreciated and will definitely leave a hole in the organization after you leave - only your boss(es) and coworkers can't see it - you can always use Anna Kendrick's "When I'm gone": Anna Kendrick - Cups ''When I'm Gone'' (Radio Version) Pitch Perfect (Full HD +Lyrics) - YouTube
You beat me to it--I was going to post this one!

When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Last edited:
I also thought it was going to be a funeral music thread and for my funeral I want some ZZ Top. I have already briefed my granddaughter on this and she has promised it will happen.

Playing some Reverend Willie G on the way out the door from w*rk would be sweet, too.

"Don't ask me what I think of you...I might not give the answer that you want me to"

Bonus points for cowbell.

Billy Gibbons & Co. - Oh Well - YouTube

I just learned (through Wikipedia) my exit song was written by Blind Willie McTell. Take me now, Lord :)

During my last days at my last "real job" Rusty Cage by Soundgarden (and the Johnny Cash cover) were my songs of choice.

All right. Alter the topic to add "your job" after "leave". That may help those who are confused.

Thanks, from a confused one. Now I get it.

"Pictures of Home" - Deep Purple 1971

Don't remember it, probably not, it was released on Machine Head and there was so much great music.

I did find the original on utube, if you love guitar, Mr. Ritchie Blackmore at his finest (IMHO). I think I have purchased this album on every media type it was ever released on.

Deep Purple-Pictures Of Home - YouTube

MRG

Last edited:
So, another one here that thought the thread title meant another kind of leaving. Anyway, while I would like to say I left to the tune of

The Things I Used to Do (Stevie Ray Vaughan), the reality was probably more like "Look What They've Done to My Song" (Melanie Safka).

Doesn't matter, though, because the reality, then and now, is this

cream - i'm so glad - YouTube

No song when I left work...but it should have been "Happiest Girl in the Whole USA"

AC/DC "Highway to Hell"

I recall stopping for gas after a particularly hellish stretch of pavement and many miles still to go.
When a gas tanker truck pulled in next to me, of course that song was blasting full volume from the cab. :blush:

Last edited:
Red House. By Jimi Hendrix. Not for the lyrics, but the mellow, bluesy mood of the song. It fits my model of retirement and spiritual state. Very relaxed and feeling great!

For retiring, "Watching The Wheels" by John Lennon.

At my funeral, "The End" by the Beatles.

Back
Top Bottom