I'm innocent

bow-tie

Full time employment: Posting here.
So..... lately I've been feeling a lot like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption. My paycheck being the equivalent to his rock hammer. Digging like hell when the 'man' ain't lookin.

Is that bad? :confused:

only 1/2 joking... well maybe a 1/3 joking :-/

So..... lately I've been feeling a lot like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption.  My paycheck being the equivalent to his rock hammer.  Digging like hell when the 'man' ain't lookin.

Is that bad?  :confused:

Yes, so stop the foolishness, and spend every cent you make. My advice is to liquidate your 401k and "invest" in something that will make you feel better.... like alcohol!

Seriously though... why would it be bad to work abd save for something better? If you're talking about staying put simply for the money, then check out some of the other threads.... good advice in them thar threads.

Damn...I had the same feeling yesterday!

I got out of the thought by remembering to be thankful that I have the opportunity to save, shifting my focus to servitude and helping in the community, and....re-evaluating my budget plan to see if I could shed another year off the retirement date!

lol

:)

....re-evaluating my budget plan to see if I could shed another year off the retirement date!lol :)

Amen to that....

Cocktail Hour post:

I always thought of my years working for the big company (after reading Terhorst in late 80s) as a sort of buying my way out of indentured servitude. So far it's still legal! (Although as you know, not easy). So it's a game, and they aren't making it easy for you -- that is what will make it sweet when you finally get out the other side.

Some people think that urging others to spend less is the most devastating blow one can make to the foundations of capitalism. If that is the case, lets all be Bolsheviks!

I stopped trying to fix capitalism a long time ago. I decided I just wanted to get myself free. The world will change for the better one ER at a time...

btw, the shawshank feelings tend to go away when you start your own company. You may make more, you may make less, but at least you won't feel like you're locked in someone else's prison. With your own company, you are the prisoner and the guard!

I can totally relate. If all goes as planned my tunnel will be complete February 2007. Until then I will turn the crank for The Man. Once the tunnel is complete I will find a real job that pays dirt but makes me happy.

Tim Robbins, now there is a bleeding heart liberal.
Good movie though :) I hope once your escape tunnel is done that
you don't need to swim through the sewer to ER freedom, cause if you get caught you will be cast
down "with the Sodomites". To read some of the posts
from people still workin' you might get the idea they
are living among the Sodomites while still on the job :)

JG

I can totally relate. If all goes as planned my tunnel will be complete February 2007.
I think The Man must have caught on to my plan :eek:
Sounds like we are about to have lay-off round number 3,542. The guards in the towers with rifles are looking for targets and I see the red dot on me. I had better dig my tunnel really fast now.

I think The Man must have caught on to my plan  :eek: Sounds like we are about to have lay-off round number 3,542.  The guards in the towers with rifles are looking for targets and I see the red dot on me.  I had better dig my tunnel really fast now.

Seriously!?!

You may have to requisition yourself a bigger rock hammer

Back
Top Bottom