spouse relationship after fire

jtextiger

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm 47, no debt, 1.5mm+ NW, youngest child a freshman in high school. The countdown clock has started to which i'll pivot away from the office job and on to phase 2 of life. that said, my wife is still very engaged in her career and intends to work many more years. she gets a tremendous amount of satisfaction from her job. today, i'm a group manager, sizable income, stock options, country club membership, kids in private school, etc. you get the idea. thus, something of a dilema in that my spouse says she's supportive of walking away but i suspect it might create stress. She 100% supports LBYM by the way. very simple lady herself. regardless, it's something that gives me hesitation in pulling the rip cord a few years from now. I wonder if there are others of you that encountered a similar situation? How has it 'gone' post fire.

Welcome to the forum, jtextiger. That's a topic we discuss frequently around here, so you might want to search the archives for older threads. Hewre's one example: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/when-one-half-is-still-working-82113.html

You might want to stop by here to formally introduce yourself.

Beautiful town you live in. Hook 'em horns. :)

Longhorn-Gray-iPhone-Wallpaper.png

I'm getting close to being retired for 2 years while the DW continues to work. My retirement doesn't appear to bug her in the least...she does appreciate that there are few chores she needs to worry about.

By, YMMV since everyone is different.

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Back
Top Bottom