Portal Page

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ok, I admit to being a nag but I've checked on number of days and a PC and Mac. I'm convinced that the portal page doesn't reflect the most recent posts........esp. it doesn't reflect new posts in the Other and Health & Retirement Forums. You can find recent posts (today) in those forums that don't show up on the Portal page. Also you can find on the Portal page, posts that are yesterday or even much older esp. down near the bottom. Is that the way it's supposed to work (maybe only reflects recent posts on certain forums?).

Are you logged in when looking? It excludes some forums to guests to increase the signal to noise ratio. When you are logged in your see threads from all the forums.

Ah so!! Could be.....I know sometimes it would be this way and then a minute later, it would be another but wasn't tracking the log in factor. I'll have to keep checking to be sure it's the real answer but it's promising. It didn't use to be this way but maybe you didn't log people out in the past. Thanks, Andy.

Not sure what you meant by S/N ratio......did you mean you show the money-related stuff over other, health, etc forums when not logged in? For quite a while, I just viewed the portal page and when nothing seemed new, I left w/o lingering. Don't know if that is at cross purposes to what you're trying to do. It's a bit more effort to poke at each forum to see what new or to log in.

Back
Top Bottom