What's with the ads?!!?!?!?!?

frugal-one

Recycles dryer sheets
Recently, when I sign in I get a large strip down the whole site... today advertising Liquid Plummer. Can't even read the site. WTH:confused:??

Don't know what browser you are using, but I had something similar a while back using Firefox. I discovered an unauthorized extension (tools > add-ons > extensions) and once I deleted it the problem went away.

Don't know what browser you are using, but I had something similar a while back using Firefox. I discovered an unauthorized extension (tools > add-ons > extensions) and once I deleted it the problem went away.
Same here.

Recently, when I sign in I get a large strip down the whole site... today advertising Liquid Plummer. Can't even read the site. WTH:confused:??

I am seeing the same thing. Can you tell me what browser you are using?

I've seen several instances of this too. I'm using the most current Safari on an iMac. My advertising block is rectangular down the center only. Saw it yesterday, but not so far today.

I've seen several instances of this too. I'm using the most current Safari on an iMac. My advertising block is rectangular down the center only. Saw it yesterday, but not so far today.

I am on Safari as well and have been seeing this off and on for weeks. It was back again this morning.

Safari here, too, on a MacBook.
I have never seen this.

Perhaps because in addition to Adblock, I also use Ghostery.

I have never seen an ad of any kind since I started using both (a couple of years now). :dance:

Liquid Plumr ad back again this morning. The annoying part of it is that I cannot click on it to close and it's right in the middle of the screen, obscuring content. I guess if this can't be resolved by ERF, I will need to go with an ad block. This is the only site where this occurs.

I use IE (yes, I know) and can turn off the ads by turning on tracking protection. I normally allow the ads though, as this is a site that it's important to support.

Chrome browser here. My ads always behave themselves and appear to the right-hand side of the screen. Like Jackanory, I don't block them as I like to support this site. I do click-through very occasionally on ads that interest me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom