Apology

mykidslovedogs

Full time employment: Posting here.
All,

Just wanted to say sorry for clogging up your great forum with my political thoughts. I am a conservative, but I'm not "cold-hearted". My passion has good intentions. While I disagree with your forum's general consensus on the means to the end for all of your early-retiree health insurance woes, I would love to give my advice to any of you Coloradoans out there who are having trouble getting insurance during your early-retiree days. For now, we will just have to use the system as it is and do the best we can.

Sincerely,
"MKLD"

MKLD:

You need to toughen up your hide. Apologize for what? We enjoy having you here. Arguments are the spice of life. And there are as many conservative posters here as progressives. Withdraw your apology and jump back in - maybe on another topic for a while. How about social security reform? ;)

donheff said:
MKLD:

You need to toughen up your hide. Apologize for what? We enjoy having you here. Arguments are the spice of life. And there are as many conservative posters here as progressives. Withdraw your apology and jump back in - maybe on another topic for a while. How about social security reform? ;)

Hee hee! That's a subject I don't know so much about. As much as I love a good debate, it seems like it just goes in circles. I have a passion for helping people get good health insurance, because I believe in the system, and I've seen it save people from financial disaster.

While so many think of insurance companies as a necessary EVIL, I've seen them payout thousands and even millions. We had one group with a very sick little boy where the insurance carrier paid out over $2,000,000. The premiums the group paid (and I'm talking about the whole group) were less than $2000.00/ mo. so there is a case where health insurance really does make a difference. Contrary to popular belief, insurance companies do live up to their contracts. Sometimes, there are sticky claims issues that need to be worked on, but when it comes right down to it, they pay as required. If not, we report them to the division of insurance and get it resolved that way.

There is definately room for making it better, and right now, I'm not totally sure what the best way is. (although I do have my unpopular opinions).

donheff said:
MKLD:

Count me in on the SS reform topic........:)

I agree that there are as many Dems as Repubs on here, with a little Green and Libertarian mixed in..........quite the sampling of America!! :LOL: Maybe Congress should find this Forum, and ask US what needs to be done!! :D :D :D

My favorite part of health insurance, or any insurance for that matter, is the fact that most people feel ripped off if their premiums exceed the benefits they receive. The fact is that most of us need to pay in more than we take out for the system to work. It's insurance . Yet folks cry about paying into some policy for years while making no claims and how unfair it is..... :confused:

Medicare Part D is a good example. Beneficiaries currently taking no drugs are furious that they can't wait until they need a drug to join....... Duh......

Don't get me wrong, I know some insurance companies are making excessive profits. Either competition must be in place to eliminate this, or regulation...... But we can't all collect more than we pay in for an insurance system to work. ;)

And the problem is...when too much regulation inhibits competition, it seems to exacerbate the pricing problems (like in the State of NY).

youbet said:
My favorite part of health insurance, or any insurance for that matter, is the fact that most people feel ripped off if their premiums exceed the benefits they receive. The fact is that most of us need to pay in more than we take out for the system to work. It's insurance . Yet folks cry about paying into some policy for years while making no claims and how unfair it is..... :confused:

Medicare Part D is a good example. Beneficiaries currently taking no drugs are furious that they can't wait until they need a drug to join....... Duh......

Don't get me wrong, I know some insurance companies are making excessive profits. Either competition must be in place to eliminate this, or regulation...... But we can't all collect more than we pay in for an insurance system to work. ;)

Hmmmm.... I don't want to get any life insurance benefits on me..... let's see... FOREVER!!!! I don't mind paying for the next few centuries..

mykidslovedogs said:
My passion has good intentions. While I disagree with your forum's general consensus on the means to the end for all of your early-retiree health insurance woes, I would love to give my advice to any of you Coloradoans out there who are having trouble getting insurance during your early-retiree days.
While this poster is pleasant enough, and has access to some good information that we may not already have, does anyone besides me think she is giving a fairly hard sell? Maybe trying to get her business off the ground?

We have had a bright line about commercial promotion in the past. Is that being changed?

I remember that New Thinking got quite a bit of flack because he had designed an annuity product for Prudential as I remember. In his case the product was not even on the market, and he made no direct solicitations. Additionally, he shared and continues to share complex information about the social security system.

As best I can remember, a few long time posters who have written books are the only ones who are given green light to promote on the board- and only one of this small group uses this privilege.

I know it is a difficult question, but having sold things myself and known many sales professionals, I think once you are selling something you will not fail to imagine that it is the best thing out there, even if it is total crap.

I feel very confident accepting Wab's advice about laptops for example, or Cutthhroat's about wines or high end audio. But this would disappear fast if they were to reference a web page where they offered the touted products for sale, or repeatedly offered to help us buy them. Even if they did this only from love of the product or whatever.

Ha

HaHa said:
While this poster is pleasant enough, and has access to some good information that we may not already have, does anyone besides me think she is giving a fairly hard sell? Maybe trying to get her business off the ground?
Haha,

My husband and I have been in the health insurance business for almost 11 years now, and all of our business comes from referrals. I have no intentions of advertising on your forum, mostly because of anonymity reasons. I happened to be out on askjeeves.com just trying to look up some info, and I came across your forum. The link took me directly to the health and early retirment section, which really interested me, because I've been starting to have a lot of clients that are reaching the 55-65 yr old age bracket and having trouble with insurance. When I saw all the posts about how awful the insurance companies are, it sparked a flame in me! I want you guys to know that it is not impossible to get good individual coverage with a little effort. There are very few brokers out there that will put in the time to prescreen difficult cases. If anyone needs advice, please feel free to ask me.

If you like my advice....that's great! However, when it comes time to buy, I'm going to refer you to seek out a broker on your own. I won't work with anyone on a personal basis here on this forum.

Given that Mykids has no link to her website nor way to contact her business, I don't see her as going over the line on self promotion.

However, I feel free to challenge her on her politics and insurance industry bias. :) For example, yes good coverage is available at a good price if you are healthy, but as we have seen that is not necessarily the case if you have medical problems, large or small.

I am especially interested in her comments on underwriting as the insurance industry keeps their underwriting standards pretty close to the vest.

HaHa said:

We have had a bright line about commercial promotion in the past. Is that being changed?

I think Ha is correct. The offer to "help" anyone in the specific state in which the poster does business crosses the line and is self-promotional against the spirit of this board's policy IMHO.

Since we don't have a clear consensus on this particular post I'll leave it up, but any future posts in the H&ER forum by MKLD or anyone else which have the appearance of commercial self-promotion will be removed and the poster advised accordingly. Don't want to inhibit useful general information, but all should err on the side of dissociating their commercial interests from any information they might wish to share.

P.S. This week only, for Florida residents only, I am offering a complete physical exam, with any additional service of equal or lesser value at half off! Need that wart taken care of? Spider veins cramping your style? Tired of that pesky old hemorrhoid? No problem. SAVE SAVE SAVE. I help you and you speed up my FIRE date. This offer void where prohibited by law. Do not try this at home.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
I think Ha is correct. The offer to "help" anyone in the specific state in which the poster does business crosses the line and is self-promotional against the spirit of this board's policy IMHO.

Since we don't have a clear consensus on this particular post I'll leave it up, but any future posts in the H&ER forum by MKLD or anyone else which have the appearance of commercial self-promotion will be removed and the poster advised accordingly. Don't want to inhibit useful general information, but all should err on the side of dissociating their commercial interests from any information they might wish to share.

P.S. This week only, for Florida residents only, I am offering a complete physical exam, with any additional service of equal or lesser value at half off! Need that wart taken care of? Spider veins cramping your style? Tired of that pesky old hemorrhoid? No problem. SAVE SAVE SAVE. I help you and you speed up my FIRE date. This offer void where prohibited by law. Do not try this at home.

Sorry, it's just that I am most familiar with underwriting guidelines in CO. But, I can give my input to anyone who needs it. Didn't mean it to sound self-promotional.

Rich_in_Tampa said:

Doc, do you honor competitor's coupons?

MKLD -- I disagreee just about completely with your politics ;) . Nevertheless, I believe that your insight into the field of medical insurance for ERs is quite valuable, and I sincerely appreciate your willingness to share it on this forum. Please don't let the cynics who question your motivation get you down! Thanks again, and please continue to post. For a lot of people (maybe for most people), medical insurance is the make-or-break of retirement.

jeff2006 said:
MKLD -- I disagreee just about completely with your politics ;) . Nevertheless, I believe that your insight into the field of medical insurance for ERs is quite valuable, and I sincerely appreciate your willingness to share it on this forum. Please don't let the cynics who question your motivation get you down! Thanks again, and please continue to post. For a lot of people (maybe for most people), medical insurance is the make-or-break of retirement.
Jeff, thanks for the vote of confidence! In a world of skepticism it's hard to believe sometimes that there's just somebody out there who's trying to be nice and helpful. I have no alterior motives other than to prove that it is possible to plan for retirement, affordably, while young, and save yourself a LOT of future troubles.

I'm all for having an insider's opinion available, although I also like knowing that the source may be biased because of their business. I currently am very unhappy with the health insurance industries' criteria for covering individuals. After being turned down for insurance after using maybe $3000 of services in the last 25 years, I'm pretty convinced that the policies they use are pretty screwy. Knowing how to get around those screwy policies should be important information we can use.

mykidslovedogs said:
Jeff, thanks for the vote of confidence! In a world of skepticism it's hard to believe sometimes that there's just somebody out there who's trying to be nice and helpful. I have no alterior motives other than to prove that it is possible to plan for retirement, affordably, while young, and save yourself a LOT of future troubles.

Yes, it's good to get reliable information. But in our Internet world, who's to know if the poster has the real dope. Also, if you offer to send someone information on a specific company policy, that is selling. No doubt about it, MKLD.

Oldbabe said:
Yes, it's good to get reliable information. But in our Internet world, who's to know if the poster has the real dope. Also, if you offer to send someone information on a specific company policy, that is selling. No doubt about it, MKLD.
Hi Oldbabe, it is actually one of your original posts that prompted me to come in and help out. If you read all of my posts, I never offered anyone specific information about any specific insurance company other than to tell people which companies might have better underwriting guidelines than others. I unfortunately mentioned that I would be willing to help Coloradoans, only because that's the state where I am most familiar with underwriting guidelines. I later corrected myself and stated that anyone from any state can ask for my input, which I am sincere about, although I won't make any promises that I know the laws in every state, because I don't. I will not do business personally with anyone on this site. I don't mix my business and personal affairs that way, and besides, now that you all know my political stance, you probably wouldn't want to do business with my anyway. (not that that should make any difference, but obviously, it does.) Anyways, aren't you from Colorado? It's too bad you don't seem trust my input, I might have been able to give you some helpful information.

I've gotten the impression that most of the people in the forum believe that I am a fake, sleezy salesperson who just wants to further my own self-interests by somehow getting you to buy a policy from me. If that was true, I certainly wouldn't have shared my polical beliefs with any of you (that's a sure way to lose business). On another note, I consider myself to be a very honest, sincere person who works very hard to take care of the people who need help from me. I wouldn't have popped into this forum to offer advice if that weren't so. I worked very hard to obtain my license in the state of Colorado and went through rigorous testing in order to further my career. I also spend a lot of time continuing my education too. I believe in what I do, and I've seen it help many, many people.

Contrary to popular belief, conservatives are not evil people. We just have a different view on the means to the end.
We may be right, we may be wrong, but that does not make us EVIL. Unlike many of you, I have never cussed on this forum nor used nasty names like "shill" to describe any of you. (I still don't know what the HECK that word means.) I've never even asked any of you to backup your belief system with evidence, because I realize that you ar just as passionate about your theories as I am. Because I have tried to defend my political beliefs (and now I am sorry I did), I have now lost the trust of, I'm guessing, 95% of the people on this forum? That's too bad, cuz I really might have been able to help some of you guys out who are really in a bind.

I share all of your desire to retire early. I have the same hopes and dreams. I was hoping to help make that possible for some of you.

mykidslovedogs said:
Unlike many of you, I have never cussed on this forum nor used nasty names like "shill" to describe any of you. (I still don't know what the HECK that word means.) I've never even asked any of you to backup your belief system with evidence, because I realize that you ar just as passionate about your theories as I am. Because I have tried to defend my political beliefs (and now I am sorry I did), I have now lost the trust of, I'm guessing, 95% of the people on this forum? That's too bad, cuz I really might have been able to help some of you guys out who are really in a bind.

I share all of your desire to retire early. I have the same hopes and dreams. I was hoping to help make that possible for some of you.

Yeah, you're a lilly white mother ****er, we know.

mykidslovedogs said:
Hi Oldbabe, it is actually one of your original posts that prompted me to come in and help out. If you read all of my posts, I never offered anyone specific information about any specific insurance company other than to tell people which companies might have better underwriting guidelines than others. I unfortunately mentioned that I would be willing to help Coloradoans, only because that's the state where I am most familiar with underwriting guidelines. I later corrected myself and stated that anyone from any state can ask for my input, which I am sincere about, although I won't make any promises that I know the laws in every state, because I don't. I will not do business personally with anyone on this site. I don't mix my business and personal affairs that way, and besides, now that you all know my political stance, you probably wouldn't want to do business with my anyway. (not that that should make any difference, but obviously, it does.) Anyways, aren't you from Colorado? It's too bad you don't seem trust my input, I might have been able to give you some helpful information.

I've gotten the impression that most of the people in the forum believe that I am a fake, sleezy salesperson who just wants to further my own self-interests by somehow getting you to buy a policy from me. If that was true, I certainly wouldn't have shared my polical beliefs with any of you (that's a sure way to lose business). On another note, I consider myself to be a very honest, sincere person who works very hard to take care of the people who need help from me. I wouldn't have popped into this forum to offer advice if that weren't so. I worked very hard to obtain my license in the state of Colorado and went through rigorous testing in order to further my career. I also spend a lot of time continuing my education too. I believe in what I do, and I've seen it help many, many people.

Contrary to popular belief, conservatives are not evil people. We just have a different view on the means to the end.
We may be right, we may be wrong, but that does not make us EVIL. Unlike many of you, I have never cussed on this forum nor used nasty names like "shill" to describe any of you. (I still don't know what the HECK that word means.) I've never even asked any of you to backup your belief system with evidence, because I realize that you ar just as passionate about your theories as I am. Because I have tried to defend my political beliefs (and now I am sorry I did), I have now lost the trust of, I'm guessing, 95% of the people on this forum? That's too bad, cuz I really might have been able to help some of you guys out who are really in a bind.

My, my, my. Who says I was in a bind and needed your advice in the first place? I did fine with my own insurance agent. I'd suggest you check your altuism at the door and ask first before offering your wonderful professional advice.

Back
Top Bottom