Coffee: Nectar of the Gods??

pretty cool. It got decent reviews over at the coffeegeek site:

CoffeeGeek - Bialetti Mukka Stovetop Cappuccino

aluminum and cow print (?!) ones at amazon, $90 plus $9 shipping. The glass looks much nicer, IMO.

I almost always drink mine straight black, otherwise this could be tempting.

-ERD50

This will prevent me from peeking in the pot to see if the espresso's up - that causes some minor disasters!

Bodum has ones which were plastic - so I avoided those.

i'm too excited...and now i have to wait until May! oh the tiny pleasures...

Oh wow - that is so cool for a cappuccino maker! Thanks for sharing - oh and I love coffee - usually only drink one cup a day and it's really a half cup cuz it's half coffee half milk.

I might drink 10 cups of coffee a year. Black tea is my favored method of caffeine injection. I must say that there is no other fragrance that sets my heart a-twitter like the smell of the coffee aisle at my local grocers. Running a close second is the smell of a baby's head.

Ok, confession. My local shop had one in stock! Just had my first cup and it was soo cool to watch! It will be my 5 minutes of dorky happiness every morning! I even made my kids watch...hehehe

Once every couple months I try to brew up some Turkish Coffee. I've only had it once in a Greek restaurant, and I thought it was amazing. It's the only coffee I like with sugar added. That coffeeegeek site had a 16 page thread on it! Stir, don't stir. Add coffee to cold water or hot water. How many times to raise the froth, plain, sugar, coriander, cardamom, fennel seed, etc, etc etc.

I've got the grinder (it looks like a brass pepper grinder - you grind until you get powder - like flour), I've got the ibrik - still need to perfect the technique.

-ERD50

Also a big time coffee drinker - 4-6 cups a day on average. Highly prefer a French Vanilla cream with my coffee. I call it "candy coffee." Sooo Good.

MMMM....coffee! Was in a 4 hr meeting today - probably had 6 cups or more of java love! No cream or sugary stuff here, except the very random foofoolatamucketymuckalotta once in a while - starts off tasty, then, towards end of cup, remember why I prefer my coffee strong and black! Oh, the smell....the taste...mmmm! (thank goodness the makers have improved the taste of decafs!)

Usually 1-2 cups a day. I am lucky to have two coffee shops within 1 block of my office, and a coffee shop 1/2 block from my house. It's such a joy to go for coffee in the morning with friends from work. I think the trip over to the coffee shop (nice break from w*rk) is probably even more enjoyable than the coffee itself. Even though it's not LBYM, I figured it's one of the "quality of life" things that makes w*rk more tolerable, and therefore is well worth it.

I am almost embarrassed to say this because everyone else is speaking in "cups" and I have to speak in "pots.". I drink about a pot and a half a day, maybe 2. When I was deployed, I was drinking 3-4 pots a day. Probably drank about a cup every half hour or so. Makes me feel like the fat kid of coffee. I just read that coffee beans have so many more pesticides than other foods. I expect an extra eyeball to pop out of the back of my head any day now.

If it helps any, at least it's black coffee....no added sugar or milk :)

I am having a cup right now. :)

That cappuccino maker is nice... and looks simple.

Strong and black for me. 4 mugs most days for me, 2 in the morning, 1 mid day and one after supper. Doesn't bother my sleep patterns, no matter how late I have caffein.

I do have to cut back at times if it starts bothering my stomach. I do skip a day from time to time and it doesn't have any effect on me other than I don't get the extra boost.

When I was working I did two mugs of regular and 2 mugs of decaf if I need more in the morning and a Diet Pepsi instead of coffee in the afternoon. Now I make a big pot of coffee in the morning and nuke the left overs for afternoon and evening. Not a real coffee snob, but can't stand instant or Starbucks coffee.

Jeb

Decaf in the morning, usually 1-2 cups. A big mug of green tea in the afternoon (usually Tazo)...........

I can't live without coffee. I drink it 7 days a week and feel "off" if I don't have it. I have cut down on the caffeine and have a big cup of "half-caf" in the morning and then decaf the rest of the day, probably 2 more cups or so...

One more post in support of the nectar:Caffeine protects mice against whole-body lethal dose of
gamma.gif
-irradiation

Caffeine protects mice against whole-body lethal dose of gamma-irradiation

Note: The amounts referenced in the article (80 grams/kg of mass) equate to about 0.2 oz of pure caffeine for a 150 lb person...or about 54 - 7 oz cups (or 2.95 gallons) of coffee.

Don't forget the half-and-half ;)

Back
Top Bottom