Effects of aging Part 2

Had the procedure.

Reported at 6:30 AM to the hospital surgical center to have my SVT ablation performed. At 7:30 AM I was gowned up, had a bunch of wires on my chest and back (after shaving all my hair off), and had an IV in my left arm. Doc and 3 techs did the RF ablation to my heart after inserting two ports in my groin area. Procedure was done while I was 1/2 conscious.

The Doc said he is confident he shut down the area that was causing the uncontrollable heart beat rate. Actually, he said he found an extra circuit in my heart where the signal from my brain ends up.

By 9:30 I was back in recovery and had to lay flat for 4 hours while the veins healed up and the bleeding stopped. Not too bad, just boring.

Went home at 1:00 PM and finally had a good cup of coffee.

DW can wait on me hand and foot until tomorrow when I am supposed to be good as new.

Best of luck with your recovery and hoping he solved the problem for you.

Excellent news, glad to hear that the op went well. :dance:

Wonderful! Amazing they can correct problems we didn't even know existed not so long ago. (DH is having a cryoablation on a mis-behaving kidney next month.)

Enjoy being pampered!

Yes, and I am also glad that all the testing done on my heart and arteries during this three month period has shown there are no issues with arteries, pumping rates, etc. This was my first set of check ups and tests by a Cardiologist since I have not previously had any reason to have them done.

Aja, great to hear all is well. Sounds like you are good to go for another 20 years!

Thanks! At least my heart will be pumping 20 years from now. But I may to add to my collection of metal parts in my body along the way! :LOL:

Have fun and wear them all out. Your on medicare. Me, I gotta play it safe as long as I am stuck on ACA and this $7500 deductible, lol.

Thanks! At least my heart will be pumping 20 years from now. But I may to add to my collection of metal parts in my body along the way! :LOL:

You're the opposite of the tin man then, starting with a good strong heart and adding the metal parts later! :)

I'm a little late to the party, but want to say I'm so pleased everything went well. ...just in time for Christmas. :)

Happy to hear your good news aja8888. I wish you a happy holiday and good health.

^ great news and wish you good health in the future.

Been watching since "Part1"... Changes ones' perspective, eh?

Great news and best wishes for a long and happy life.

bob

Fantastic news. Wishing you good health in the future!

Aja,

Glad everything went well. An early Christmas present.

2soon2tell
Your neighbor in greater SW Houston

Back
Top Bottom