Gall bladder symtoms

cman609

Confused about dryer sheets
I have recently had several symptoms that may be Gall Bladder related. They are as follows. Lots of nausea in the morning and throughout the day, always tired, lots of gas after I eat, and at night. I am waiting for several tests with the doctor, but I am starting to wonder if it is anything a lot more serious.

Can anyone share any Gall Bladder related experiences with me,and what was done to remedy the problem ? Thanks

Uh... welcome to the board.

Hope your health problems work out. When you feel better, consider posting an introductory message in the "Hi, I am.." forum.

I have recently had several symptoms that may be Gall Bladder related. They are as follows. Lots of nausea in the morning and throughout the day, always tired, lots of gas after I eat, and at night. I am waiting for several tests with the doctor, but I am starting to wonder if it is anything a lot more serious.

Can anyone share any Gall Bladder related experiences with me,and what was done to remedy the problem ? Thanks

My gall bladder related experiences were more on the urgent side than yours may be. In 1993 I was taken to the emergency room about 36 hours after starting to feel waves of intense pain (about an inch to the left of my sternum) and extreme nausea. The emergency room triage technician tentatively diagnosed gall bladder trouble before I even walked through the door, since I had obvious problems in the parking lot. In the ER it was definitively diagnosed by blood test for pancreatic enzymes, as I recall, which I were told were 23,000 times the normal level and causing liver damage and so on (which has not had any permanent effect). That was due to blockage of the common bile duct, that was getting all backed up. The doctors on the board should pardon me if my memory is fuzzy and inaccurate but it's the best I can come up with. Hey, it's been 15 years and I was pretty much out of it at the time.

They took it out by laparascope after I was out of the ER and stabilized enough for surgery (which took a while), and had had a sonogram, and the MOMENT I awakened from the anesthesia I already felt 10,000% better! Two hours after that, I went home, and I was back at work part time on Monday, 3-4 days later. The bill was $23K, even back then, but I had fabulous insurance and paid essentially nothing. I shudder to think what it would cost today.

And, welcome to the board! Hope your gall bladder starts being nicer to you.

Last edited:
I had my gall bladder out in 1987, before the laparoscopy method was popular. I had a LOT of small stones once they removed it and spent 5 days in the hospital.

My symptoms were severe pain under my right breast and it was usually after eating some sort of meat.

I don't remember having any of the other symptoms you mentioned.

I posted something similar a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately my symptoms went away. I plan to just play it by ear. Could have been just a passing thing.

I'm not a doctor but those are the same symptoms my mother had a few years ago and sure enough, it was the old gall bladder. Just let the doc do his thing and I'm sure you will be fine.

Welcome cman. I dont have a gall bladder problem, but my SIL does. I mixed her an Aspen Sugar Daddy martini one Christmas and it sent her to the hospital. So the only advice I have is stay away from martinis until you get your gall bladder fixed.

I've had some experience with Cholecystitis, both as a patient and a nurse. Usually the symptoms of a blockage are a little more severe, like a stabbing pain, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have some colicky symptoms. I had mine removed about 5 years ago.

This could also be something more serious, like a bowel obstruction, which I also have the misfortune of experiencing occasionally related to intestinal adhesions.

Could be a food allergy, could just be a "tummy bug", could be lots of stuff. If it persists, I would recommend seeing your doctor.

Back
Top Bottom