How much coffee do you drink?

I make cold brew. About two 10 oz cups. I sip on Ice Coffee through out the day It uses two scoops of coffee.

I was never a coffee drinker but got my caffeine from Diet Coke - as in the super mega size from 7-11.
But the past few months, I have tried to eliminate all of that - and I noticed I felt a LOT better. I could go to sleep easier at night, did not feel bloated and overall better.
So now I am working on cutting out caffeine and sodas as much as I can.

12 ounces of dark roast per day in the morning. I add 2 scoops of collagen peptides, mct oil and a scoop of chocolate organin powder.

One large cup of decaf in the morning, occasionally another later in the day. I have a cup of regular tea every day for a small caffeine boost.

Never had even a sip in my life and can't imagine a reason why I ever would.

In my late teens I tried one sip of my dad's coffee which was heavily fortified with milk and sugar and I didn't much care for the taste. Haven't had a drop since. I will make myself a cup of hot chocolate when I get to work if it's below zero outside. I live 9 miles from my job and that's about how long it takes my truck to warm up so after shivering for 15 minutes or so I'll make a (free!) cup just so I can hold on to the cup and warm up a little. :D

I drink exactly one travel mug of coffee every day.

If I drink more, I won't be able to sleep the following night.
If I drink less, I am a wreck. :LOL:

I have found I can't drink "any" coffee after 2pm if I want to get to sleep before midnight.... But, I can drink a coke a hour or two before bedtime and it doesn't bother me at all....I guess it's the big difference in caffeine.

2 to 4 cups in the morning, none after.

I'm like all of the ones quoted here. I drink 2 mugs, equivalent to about 2 1/2 cups, every morning. I need them to get going, but likewise would not be able to fall asleep if I had coffee later in the day. And I'm already an insomniac!

Only drink coffee as a drug effectively after a heavy meal at night when I have to drive home a decent distance.

I'm like all of the ones quoted here. I drink 2 mugs, equivalent to about 2 1/2 cups, every morning. I need them to get going, but likewise would not be able to fall asleep if I had coffee later in the day. And I'm already an insomniac!

Apologies for this thread creep. But I'd be remiss, as a huge Eastwood fan, if I didn't show how I drink my coffee:

Attachments

• Mug front.jpg
    Mug front.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Mug back.jpg
    Mug back.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 11
I do a 10 cup Mr. coffee but it is pretty dilute about 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds to make that. Sometimes I add honey to it.

I drink any remainder from the day b4 if any and make a fresh pot. It cools off and I microwave or drink cold from the pot throughout the day.
Seems not to affect my sleep as I can drink a cup and fall asleep immediately.

However 5-6 hours later I am wide awake.

Five or more cups a day. Been drinking coffee since I was 12.

I like the supposed quote from Voltaire:
Voltaire drank immense quantities of Coffee, and was not-withstanding eighty-four years of age. The clever answer, which he gave to a friend, who was proving to him that coffee was a slow poison, is well known. “Slow it must be indeed,” replied Voltaire, “for I have sipped it for seventy-five years.”

There is also this:​
4 Cups a Day: 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking That Much Coffee.
Two cups aren't enough, says science.

https://www.inverse.com/article/46350-surprising-health-benefits-from-4-cups-of-coffee-a-day

Somewhere along the way, I transitioned from Diet Coke to coffee. (I used to stop off at 7-Eleven for a 64 oz. size on my way to the office.)

When my last coffee morning mug wore out, a Bubba 52 oz. popped up to replace it.

Usually I drink a Bubba for breakfast, and take a thermos (about 24 ozs.) to work. The thermos is gone before noon . . .

Since Covid, my trips to the cafeteria during w@rk have decreased. Hmmm, maybe that is why I have been sleepy in the late afternoon.

Pre-Covid, I used to drink until about 4:00 p.m. unless I had a midnight deadline, in which case all bets were off.

A lot. Probably 5-6 cups a day. I stop by 3 so that I can sleep. Otherwise I would drink it till it's time for wine. Mostly hot and black, sometimes iced with cream.

I'm Cajun and coffee is part of the culture. On Sundays after lunch the ladies would clean the kitchen and have coffee and dessert. The little girls got to attend if they wanted to. Little girls started with mostly milk and a little coffee. The ratio changed as you got older. More coffee, less milk. By high school, you drank coffee like a grown up.

One full Mr. Coffee size pot of strong coffee every morning since I was eighteen. Over time, I gradually reduced the sugar and cream; it's been skim milk and an artificial sweetener (currently Splenda) for the last twenty, or so, years. I'll turn seventy in 2021.

Here's one for you - According to Ruth Warrick, at the beginning of production of Citizen Kane, Orson Welles was suffering from the effects of caffeine poisoning as the result of consuming thirty to forty cups of coffee a day.

1 cup a day in the morning. I just bought a Nespresso as my retirement gift. Yum. I am in love but 2 cheap to drink more at $1 plus a pod.

None. Have any hot beverage (coffee, tea, cocoa), and my taste buds are out of whack for several hours. I can't quite explain why.

I do have iced tea from brewed black teas, roughly 2.5 tea bags worth per day during the week. Usually around lunch and into the early afternoon. Anything later, and the extra caffeine messes with my sleeping patterns. I tend to take a break from brewed iced tea during the weekends.

That said, I do love the smell of fresh coffee being made.

1 cup a day in the morning. I just bought a Nespresso as my retirement gift. Yum. I am in love but 2 cheap to drink more at $1 plus a pod.

Should be no more than $0.70 per pod. Where are you buying your Nespresso pods?

I make 16 oz of strong brew in the french press 4-5 days a week. I don't miss it on the days I don't make it. I whip MCT powder and stevia into it, I don't care for black. I didn't start regularly drinking coffee until about 6-8 years ago. Not from total avoidance, just a gradual change in my tastes. It seems to coincide with my transition from mid-shelf tequila to mid-shelf scotch. I've developed old man taste buds.

Last edited:
Too much according my Dr. :facepalm: At least 3, sometimes 4 or 5. So maybe ~4 on average. No sugar, sweetners, etc. Just a Dash of 2% milk to give it the illusion of not being black coffee :LOL:

Well apparently not enough since I was going to answer this and realized I already did a few days ago and am probably not awake enough.:)

Mrs Z3 and I make a pot and a half per day of 50/50. So this would be 18 cups. I probably drink 12 of the 18. But since it is 50/50, does this count as 6 cups?

I make and consume the contents of a 1 liter coffee press most every morning. That gives me about two and half mugs. Currently going with half caf/decaf. I don't care for coffee after morning. In fact, the beginning of eating generally stops my coffee consumption, however much I've had.

Back
Top Bottom