It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
177 lb and steady.

New scale batteries installed. Fluctuations are still annoying. 244.x yesterday and back to 247 today.
Ah well. Made it through Thanksgiving and leftovers without damage.

176.2 at about 5' 11" hoping to drop 6 before xmas dinner. Getting my skiing build ready. Plemty of snow no time to ski yet though. Lots of lower body, sprints and HIIT, and general cardio and lifting. 6x a week. One day off. Eating chicken high protein salmon and a cheat meal each week. Looking for strong results 3 weeks from now.

Finally real progress

Posted about this on the CGM thread...

Dropped 20 pounds in 2+ months. Reached my goal of 175 at 5’8 and 60 years old. Moving that goal another 15-20 pounds so first it was to not be “FAT” as I see it. New goal is to actually be slim again. Getting back into my old 34” waist pants was the goal but now 30” is where I want to be.

2 amazing side effects. Lowered my A1c 3 points to 6.8 in 2 months, and now am satisfied by much smaller portions and actually push food away. That was never me!

By the way, I am a total foodie and love to cook and eat my own cooking. No Diet involved but more lifestyle change. Well while cutting way back on carbs is a diet it is also a lifestyle change!

177. Muscle is forming. Ran about 20miles last week. Time to kick it into high gear...35miles before xmas meals hit me. Hoping to be around 169 to 172lb before then. About to run 5miles and in dubai on the treadmill no pelaton needed here. Crushing some upper and lower body and really focusing on some long, safe reps with good hard finishes today, For the run, hoping to pace better than 9min miles. Gonna do some spints at the end of each mile and try to run over 5 if I can.

Been eating like a pig, ice cream sammys, lasagna, pork tenderloin tacos, chicken, throw in a few bowls of wheaties, some cup cakes, egg breakfast buffet with Santa and I am firing on all cylinders.

A cold took me out, was above the shoulders, but still didn't want to push it. Back at it today. 15-20k steps!
Heavy lift focus on Tri's Bi's Glutes and calves today.

Last edited:
I have not weighed myself in awhile so I was shocked when I finally hit the scales . I am down 9 pounds due to having pneumonia and losing my appetite. So bring on the Christmas goodies !

I've been doing low carb (not keto) for about a month. Was motivated by Audrey and others here. Lost ~5 pounds and feel great (5"8" and 155ish). A bad week right now, as we are in K-town (Atlanta) where every meal is served with rice or noodles, and earthen veggies. I'll also go "off the wagon" on Christmas. All in all, not a big deal. Really enjoying the low carb approach to food. As mentioned before, I lost ~40 pounds several years ago on a low fat diet. Having followed both (low fat & low carb), low carb just makes sense to me (and the medical "success"of the low fat diet that was introduced in the 80's is statistically abysmal).

Anyhoo, best of health, wellness, and "wealthness" to all here as we wind down 2019. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or Happy Holiday to you and yours! :flowers:

185 lbs have been the same for about 8 months now. Still keeping on my low carb diet. I have broken that a bit these last few weeks with Christmas cookies

Crept to 192. Went to Mexico for two weeks with mega Margaritas and came down to 187. Greatest do nothing weight loss ever. My high was 196 years ago but for 40 years have generally been 186-192.

Up a couple pounds. DD came home for the holidays after having her dog put down.
We ate tons of comfort food and drank too much beer.
Back to MyFitnessPal and the gym today.

Down 71.8 lbs since the summer on keto intermittent fasting. Have been disciplined through Christmas never over 20g of carbs a day. Christmas dinner was some homemade crab stuffed mushrooms, ham (choose the lowest carb smoked ham at Publix), turkey, green beans in butter. Haven’t had a glass of wine or beer in 140 days which seems crazy but I have no cravings. Made a homemade apple pie for the wife and kids but had zero urge to have a bite. Best part of keto for me is no hunger or cravings. Feeling very very good. I have a great simple recipe for keto peanut butter cookies that I make and freeze in individual servings and one of those for an occasional dessert when I have space for the 8g of carbs is a nice treat.

MyFitnessPal makes tracking effortless and I log every bite of food before eating to make sure I stay on track with macros. Sometimes planning meals a few days in advance.

Down 27 lbs since summer. Mostly keto, but drank a bit in the fall, messing up the weight loss. Now no food or alcohol cravings. Cravings went away before Thanksgiving. Still have 50 to go though.☹️

Down 71.8 lbs since the summer on keto intermittent fasting. Have been disciplined through Christmas never over 20g of carbs a day. Christmas dinner was some homemade crab stuffed mushrooms, ham (choose the lowest carb smoked ham at Publix), turkey, green beans in butter. Haven’t had a glass of wine or beer in 140 days which seems crazy but I have no cravings. Made a homemade apple pie for the wife and kids but had zero urge to have a bite. Best part of keto for me is no hunger or cravings. Feeling very very good. I have a great simple recipe for keto peanut butter cookies that I make and freeze in individual servings and one of those for an occasional dessert when I have space for the 8g of carbs is a nice treat.

MyFitnessPal makes tracking effortless and I log every bite of food before eating to make sure I stay on track with macros. Sometimes planning meals a few days in advance.

Congrats, I was about the same as you in weight loss but I really screwed the pooch last few months. It’s astonishing how quickly 30 of that comes back with undisciplined eating. I hate winter......

241.5 back to heading in the right direction. Even better is that I had to cut another inch off the belt and I'm wearing the pants I set aside 6 years ago.

Congratulations!

177, haven't been running in like 2 months. Today is the day I get back at it. Reason for slacking...I've been working out almost steady for at least 12 years...and even quite a bit before I was an alcoholic. Being an enlisted guy it was sort of engrained and always had buddies to work out with. in HS I was in weight lifting as a class, elective PE, Sr. PE and a cpl other slack classes lol. Point being... I deserved a couple month break. It was fun to see what happens when you do nothing. I look nothing like I did 2 months ago if I showed pics you would say wow you went from athletic to fat. Its true. I feel terrible. Time to get back at the healthy carb meals and heavy lifting/running. Should be fun.

One positive, the golfers elbow went away for a bit and the power bill dropped with DW pregnant and neither of us using juice on the 'mill.

I still wouldn't want to take my own right hook but lets say "I ain't as young as I once was" :cool:

Wish me luck.

One reason I felt compelled to post this, I sort of experiment sometimes with weight gain but this by far is as bad as I've been.

I saw this article explaining "latest ex-NFL lineman to lose massive amount ..." John Sullivan ex Vikes and Rams Center went from NFL Center huge 315 to 240 losing over 70 lbs during this past year of his NFL retirement, explaining he KNEW being that big was unhealthy long term.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-ram...-lose-massive-amount-of-weight-222703840.html

My typical competitive weight build looks about what the dude on the right looks. John Sullivan is on the left looks like he lost more than 70 to me
320s.jpg
240s.JPG

Last edited:
64yrs old, 10lbs overweight, Pants just got too tight.
Started a Keto diet 10 days ago, Feb 2nd.
After 6 days, I lost 3 lbs, not sure how much was water, a few weeks will tell. I have not found myself hungry! I do take the advice about a cup of water with a bullion cube to make sure I get enough sodium (salt).

At the same time I have been more consistent with my walks, I get positive feedback because generally after exercise your blood ketones go up, I try to do a blood test shortly after exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom