It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Covid I was ~ 175, then gradually went up to 193 which is where I was in early June. Today weighed in at 184. Would like to get back to 175, but each pound off is something to celebrate.

Well, very long thread, I've been losing weigh so thought I'd add my 2lbs to the the thread.
I had been running 170 lbs, when spring/summer began, I started swimming a few times a week and riding my bike. On 6/29 I joined Planet Fitness and weighed myself at at the gym, 164 lbs, I didn't realize I had lost weight, but, just loss from more summertime activity, I guess. On the same day, 6/29 I started a Carnivore diet. I reweighed on 7/8 at 160.4 lbs, 7/18 at 158.9 lbs, and on 7/25 I was 154.4 lbs. I weighed about 145 in my 20s so I'm 10 years heavier, but that may not be a good goal, but I still have more of a pouch on my stomach than I want or expect at this weight. Anyway, I plan on continuing and hopefully increasing my gym workout, it already takes me about 1hr 45 minutes to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 12 machines. But I hope to actually see a physical difference in the mirror.
I'm 67 and I set the weight on the machines so I may or may not finish 10 reps, I do 3 sets like that. I have increased my weight at least 30% on the machines and some I have doubled the weight. I'm happy with the drive I have found in myself to do this, I'm pretty lazy and would much rather sit at my computer, reading and responding to Forums, Usenet, and Quora. Maybe that was my 2-1/2 lbs worth! :)

Well, very long thread, I've been losing weigh so thought I'd add my 2lbs to the the thread.
I had been running 170 lbs, when spring/summer began, I started swimming a few times a week and riding my bike. On 6/29 I joined Planet Fitness and weighed myself at at the gym, 164 lbs, I didn't realize I had lost weight, but, just loss from more summertime activity, I guess. On the same day, 6/29 I started a Carnivore diet. I reweighed on 7/8 at 160.4 lbs, 7/18 at 158.9 lbs, and on 7/25 I was 154.4 lbs. I weighed about 145 in my 20s so I'm 10 years heavier, but that may not be a good goal, but I still have more of a pouch on my stomach than I want or expect at this weight. Anyway, I plan on continuing and hopefully increasing my gym workout, it already takes me about 1hr 45 minutes to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 12 machines. But I hope to actually see a physical difference in the mirror.
I'm 67 and I set the weight on the machines so I may or may not finish 10 reps, I do 3 sets like that. I have increased my weight at least 30% on the machines and some I have doubled the weight. I'm happy with the drive I have found in myself to do this, I'm pretty lazy and would much rather sit at my computer, reading and responding to Forums, Usenet, and Quora. Maybe that was my 2-1/2 lbs worth! :)

I reweighed again one week later on 8/1 and weighed 152.8 lbs, only lost 1.6 lbs, I'd hoped for more, but good incentive to work more at the gym.

In spring I was 170lbs, on 6/29 I started a Carnivore diet and an exercise routine weighing 164lbs, (I think I lost 6 lbs just because I started swimming in the spring). In the 7 weeks of Carnivore, I have steadily lost 19lbs, my BMI is 23.4, so I have room to lose more, and I probably will, I still have a more belly fat than I expected, I thought i should have abs by now!:LOL:
I want to look like this 61 yr old female and I'm a male. (she posted on a group), but I wasn't sure I should post her face. btw, she's 3 years carnivore. WOW!

Attachments

• Abbs 2.jpg
    Abbs 2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 19
It has been a while since I posted. I went 239 to 234 at the doctor's office on 8-8. We are on vacation and I kept that for a week, and was up to 236 last time I was able to weigh..I am eating real food :)

182 this morning, -2 from my last check in. Losing gets tougher after the first 10 lbs.

210 lbs yesterday (5’11” 58 y.o. Male). Started at 256 lbs when I retired two years ago.

My goal is to get below 200 lbs. Making slow and steady progress towards the goal.

I had a Dr. appt on 3/25, and found out after years or being pre-diabetic, I had an A1C of 7.5, putting me firmly in the diabetic range. At 6'2" and 270 lbs, I guess that wasn't really surprising.
With my wife's help, I went on a low carb diet to try to reduce that number. 4 months later, I had lost 50 lbs, and my A1C dropped to 5.5. That is firmly below the pre-diabetic threshold. Success!
I have continued to follow the diet, but weight loss has slowed. That's ok. After 5.5 months, I'm down 62 lbs.
The important thing is that I am enjoying what I am eating, and not feeling deprived. I eat little bread and no rice, potatoes, sugar or alcohol. Because of that, I don't get cravings that would undermine my diet.
I'm now 208 lbs. I definitely want to get out of the overweight range which at my height is 194. My ideal weight is 170.
I have a number of strategies for staying the course, one of which is a list of things that are better for me thinner. Reviewing that list is motivating. I definitely feel that I have extended my life and my quality of life by losing the weight. My doc stopped on BP med, and halved the other. I expect at my next appt, I'll be off those meds entirely.

ymmv.

I had a Dr. appt on 3/25, and found out after years or being pre-diabetic, I had an A1C of 7.5, putting me firmly in the diabetic range. At 6'2" and 270 lbs, I guess that wasn't really surprising.
With my wife's help, I went on a low carb diet to try to reduce that number. 4 months later, I had lost 50 lbs, and my A1C dropped to 5.5. That is firmly below the pre-diabetic threshold. Success!
I have continued to follow the diet, but weight loss has slowed. That's ok. After 5.5 months, I'm down 62 lbs.
The important thing is that I am enjoying what I am eating, and not feeling deprived. I eat little bread and no rice, potatoes, sugar or alcohol. Because of that, I don't get cravings that would undermine my diet.
I'm now 208 lbs. I definitely want to get out of the overweight range which at my height is 194. My ideal weight is 170.
I have a number of strategies for staying the course, one of which is a list of things that are better for me thinner. Reviewing that list is motivating. I definitely feel that I have extended my life and my quality of life by losing the weight. My doc stopped on BP med, and halved the other. I expect at my next appt, I'll be off those meds entirely.

ymmv.

Nice job!:)

I also pay attention to BF% as well. I am close to getting a decent six pack Abs.

I use the smart scale and I am always between 22% and 24% BF.

The handheld device always shows about 4% lower. Not sure why.

I am 5’9”, 160 lbs. Age: 44.

Last edited:
3/25 270
6/25 220
9/13 208
9/21 206

206 is down 64 lbs from high. I lost 65 lbs in 2011 after retiring in 2009. This has been easier for a few reasons. Foremost is learning that carbs make me hungry, and avoiding them makes it easier to avoid snacking. Second, I'm a better cook now, so I can compensate for volume with quality. Third is I am leveraging pride to keep me on the straight and narrow. If I brag about my weight loss, I fear the backlash should I gain weight.

Short term goals:
Lose 1 lb to match the 2011 loss.
Lose 7 lbs to reach 2011 low weight (199 lbs).
Lose 12 lbs to reach top of normal BMI range.

I gained back my last losses on vacation and have been on a holding pattern. Still hovering around 239 and re-applying myself to the task.

ymmv.

Wow!!! That's incredible!! Good for you and congratulations. Keep doing what you're doing!!

Wow!!! That's incredible!! Good for you and congratulations. Keep doing what you're doing!!

Thanks! I will be 73 in a few days. I keep this list of what is better to keep me motivated:
  • Easier to get out of chairs
  • Easier to bend over
  • Easier to get down to/get up from the floor
  • Less pain
  • More energy
  • Better sleep
  • No dry mouth when sleeping
  • Easier to tie shoes
  • Easier to get into car
  • No suspenders
  • Pants don't fall down
  • Save money on quantity of food.
  • Less bothered by heat.
  • Reduced BP and medications
  • Pulse reduced 17 bpm
And of course, the thing that got me started in earnest: no longer in diabetic range with A1C. It is easy to attribute to aging a bunch of things that are simply a result of one's over eating. I literally feel 10 years younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom