It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
CG, how close are you to your goal weight? You are doing awesomely well!

Well, according to the BMI scale for someone my height, I have another 25 lbs. to go :rant: . I REALLY needed to lose the weight.....it was getting out of control.

Well, according to the BMI scale for someone my height, I have another 25 lbs. to go :rant: . I REALLY needed to lose the weight.....it was getting out of control.

Stick with it, ou are doing incredibly well. I don't know if you have easy access to a gymn, but if you, try going in and picking up a couple of handweights to the tune of 30lbs and experience just how heavy they are.

And think that you had been carrying that weight +5lb around as fat until you lost it. Then pick up 2 30lb weights and see how awesome it will be when you achieve your overall target of 60lb weight loss.

Stick with it, ou are doing incredibly well. I don't know if you have easy access to a gymn, but if you, try going in and picking up a couple of handweights to the tune of 30lbs and experience just how heavy they are.

And think that you had been carrying that weight +5lb around as fat until you lost it. Then pick up 2 30lb weights and see how awesome it will be when you achieve your overall target of 60lb weight loss.

Thanks for the encouraging words :D. When I first started, it was discouraging to think of how much total weight I had to lose, but I broke it down into manageable goals and am pretty happy if I lose 1.5 lbs a week :D.

I know I've come a long way already in terms of my cardiovascular fitness. I ran into my neighbour last night (who is over 50 lbs overweight herself) at the bottom of the hill by our houses. While she huffed and puffed her way back up the hill, the climb back up didn't affect me at all...I probably could have sang a song. It was pretty amazing to realize that I was just like her 5 short months ago.

I know I've come a long way already in terms of my cardiovascular fitness. I ran into my neighbour last night (who is over 50 lbs overweight herself) at the bottom of the hill by our houses. While she huffed and puffed her way back up the hill, the climb back up didn't affect me at all...I probably could have sang a song. It was pretty amazing to realize that I was just like her 5 short months ago.

Doesn't it feel great to be this fit compared to others you know :D

I have had similar experiences and it feeds my desire to keep up the exercise and healthy diet life style

I ran into my neighbour last night (who is over 50 lbs overweight herself) at the bottom of the hill by our houses. While she huffed and puffed her way back up the hill, the climb back up didn't affect me at all...I probably could have sang a song. It was pretty amazing to realize that I was just like her 5 short months ago.

Calgary Girl, My DH and I embarked on our healthier lifestyles in Oct 2006 just before our 50th birthdays. By the time our close relatives saw us in March of '07, there were tears in their eyes, especially my DH's parents and siblings. They had been trying to get us to lose weight for years! My DH has beem maintaining a loss of just under 100lbs and 55 lbs for myself.

It is definitely encouraging to get these reactions. I love periodically going by my old work and getting these compliments. I love that they are so proud of us!

Keep on keeping on!

My DW used to have a diet/workout tape by a woman, I think her name was Susan Powter or something like that. She used to haul around these 25 lb blocks of real, actual fat, probably beef, to show people how much progress they were making. I could never figure out if that was encouraging, or just gross! :eek: But it was effective.

And CG, I agree with Alan. You are doing superbly! Keep it up.

Well, we don't have a weigh in for another month, but I am getting closer to my running goal. Made it 3 miles at an 8 minute pace last week without my lungs dying, just my legs hurt. Have been pretty good over the 2 weeks of boot camp hiatus - either went to a crossfit gym or did a moderate 6 mile trail run every day of the break. That particular gym's workouts were not as fulfilling as the ones my instructor puts together, but it was better than nothing.

And, I hiked my first 14'er today! it was on the easier side as 14'ers go, but still, at high altitude (starting at 11,600 feet) I didn't know how I would do. We (coach and I) ended up passing many, many people on the way up.

Actually covered the 3.5 miles up and 2600 feet elevation gain in less than 2 hours and when we got there we were inside a cloud and couldn't see anything. It was freezing, so we headed partway down to meet our slower friends, and then went up again with them at which point the clouds lifted and we got to enjoy the awesome top-of-the-world view.

The altitude thing was a little funny, lost all coordination in my hands, and had a really tough time pulling my gloves on when I needed them, or opening my snack bar wrappers. Started losing my balance a little on the final rock scramble to the top, but I think the cold was partly to blame, too.

Anyway, a great day, and a good two weeks. Now our month of boot camp starts up again. Can't wait to see what coach has got in store for us this time!

182. Down a few pounds from a weigh in I did a few weeks ago on another site.

I'll keep track here. :)

-Raymond

Bike riding for exercise (plus better eating habits) did the trick for me. For a dozen years or so before May 2005, I weighed between 205-225 lbs on a 5'8" frame.

In early May 2005 I started bike riding when I weighed 217 lbs. By the end of October 2005, I was down to 165 lbs for a total loss of 52 lbs in 25 weeks.

From November 2005 through February 2008, my weight ranged from 163-166 lbs, well under control. Then I started having stress at work and in dealing with our investments, and the weight shot up to around 175 lbs by the middle of July 2008.

I am now back to monitoring my exercise and eating. I am shooting for 165 lbs (or less) by September 30, 2008, 7 weeks from today.

Weighings (Tuesdays) have been:

07/15/2008: 175.00 lbs
07/22/2008: 174.00 lbs
07/29/2008: 173.25 lbs
08/05/2008: 172.00 lbs
08/12/2008: 170.75 lbs

Wow Statsman...that is an awesome story! My DH and I are about to incorporate biking into our fitness regiment. I guess it will do us some good!

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
6/25: 193.0 16.0%
7/02: 191.4 15.8%
7/09: 196.0 16.5%
7/16: 193.2 15.9%
7/23: 194.8 16.0%
7/30: 191.8 16.0%
8/06: 190.0 16.0%
8/13: 192.0 15.8%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Last week's weight was abnormally low relative to other recent days, so I'm really about the same as last week. Ordered pizza this weekend, though I probably shouldn't have ordered "The Carnivore". :) Pepperoni, ham, sausage, Philly cheese steak, bacon.

That sounds like a really good pizza, Kronk.

156 today, actually up 2 lbs from last week, despite working out every day except Sunday. We did go out on Friday night and spent Saturday evening on the boat with friends, swilling beers. I'm keeping a food diary again, which should help.

Statsman, you have done a great job, and I can sympathize with the difficulty on maintaining weight loss--I lost 60 lbs from Nov 2006 to July 2007 and since then have gained 10 lbs back. It is hard to get the motivation back, that is for sure.

That sounds like a really good pizza, Kronk.

156 today, actually up 2 lbs from last week, despite working out every day except Sunday. We did go out on Friday night and spent Saturday evening on the boat with friends, swilling beers. I'm keeping a food diary again, which should help.

Statsman, you have done a great job, and I can sympathize with the difficulty on maintaining weight loss--I lost 60 lbs from Nov 2006 to July 2007 and since then have gained 10 lbs back. It is hard to get the motivation back, that is for sure.

Time to up the intesity on the [-]pole-dancing[/-] exercise routine! >:D

Heck, I think anyone who has managed to reduce their weight by 50-60 lbs should get one of Phelp's gold medals...

Yeah, the toughest part is keeping the weight off the first year after you have lost it. I think you are encountering that issue now. For myself, I made it through three straight winters without much struggle, keeping the weight off.

But it is amazing what stress will do to your weight, even when you are eating properly and getting a decent amount of exercise. What the stress was doing was affecting my sleeping pattern (less hours, less restful sleep).

It is definitely tough to keep the motivation going. You're focused on losing weight, and you kind of think that when you hit that weight you can just go back to eating "normally". Well, it doesn't really work that way for most people. You have to keep doing most of the same things you had been doing to lose weight during your "diet & exercise" phase. You can indulge a little more frequently, but you need to keep an eye on it.

68 pounds lost as of today. 260 pounds in May 2001. My Dad passed away on June 6th 2001 (one day before his 59th birthday), which really focused me on my own mortality. It took around a year to lose most of that weight, so I've been near my current weight for the last 6 years. It is still a struggle, and I weigh myself every day. But then someone brought in doughnuts today and I had to have a Boston Cream...

Target range 170 - 175

7/31 174.5
8/6 177
8/13 176.5

Better than anticipated as we were away visiting for 3 days plus 2 days on business and just not able to get in the exercise this last week.

It is definitely tough to keep the motivation going. ...It is still a struggle...But then someone brought in doughnuts today and I had to have a Boston Cream...

I know what you mean Kronk. We just got back from our local bike shop as we are still test riding to find our perfect fitness bikes. So we are standing outside marveling over the extreme racing bikes (and their price tags) and I smell a wonderfully sweet aroma in the air sifting in and out of my nose...OMG its donuts. I turn to my DH and said, how can we stay fitness minded at this bike shop (oh so ironic) and smell donuts? We barely escaped without a donut in hand.

Ha Ha

All time high - 262 (2005)
Recent high - 242 (last April)
07/08/08 - 238.4
07/15/08 - 237.2
07/22/08 - 237.4
07/29/08 - 234.4
08/06/08 - 234.4
08/13/08 - 233.0

First goal - 220

Excellent. I actually thought I might gain since we were out of town and eating out a lot the past couple of days. One more pound will take me to my lowest level in 15 years.

Consistently 182 pounds, and my waistline is way down. Pants are fitting loosely again. This is probably as far down as I'm likely to get.

Had a cholesterol check last week. My BP has dropped to 110/72 (from ~125/85). Total cholesterol 200 (low for me), LDL 130, TGL 88, HDL 52.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom