It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent results guys. I've not heard of our Y doing boot camps, but they sound pretty interesting, although it will have to wait at least 18 months when I'm RE'd and have the time.

Have only run my 5 mile route once since last month and got my pace down to 8:22 from 8:40, and I wasn't even that tired from that.

Ha! I'm not impressed. I expect I could do 5 miles in 8 hours or so myself! :duh:

Ha! I'm not impressed. I expect I could do 5 miles in 8 hours or so myself! :duh:

Yeah, I reckon I could manage that as well :D

When I was 25 a neighbor convinced me to run in a 5 mile hill race. (We were living in N. Yorkshire at the time). I trained for weeks and then ran it with him and our time was 40 minutes. After crossing the finishing line with loads of people watching I immediately threw up - very embarassing :mad:, and I didn't get full control of my legs for about 3 hours.

I've never attempted anything like that again. (I know, what a whimp !!!)

Recent high - 242 (last April)
07/08/08 - 238.4
07/15/08 - 237.2
07/22/08 - 237.4
07/29/08 - 234.4

First goal - 220

Not bad. I've really been watching my food intake, diabetes-wise. Also started walking in the mornings. Not too much, just 2 miles. But that's on top of the occasional walks and bike rides we were already doing. But what I'm sure made the big difference was the arrival of our POD yesterday. It's the last of our stuff from when we moved. I set an arbitrary pick-up date of tomorrow for it, so we worked our not-so-little buttocks off emptying it. 1/2 yesterday, 1/2 today. Totally exhausted, but as long as I don't get crazy and run out for Ben and Jerry's I should be able to maintain my forward progress. :angel:

I'm really glad I found this thread. It helps recording the process, and I appreciate the feedback. Good luck to you all.

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
6/25: 193.0 16.0%
7/02: 191.4 15.8%
7/09: 196.0 16.5%
7/16: 193.2 15.9%
7/23: 194.8 16.0%
7/30: 191.8 16.0%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Well, finally dropped a little weight. But I cheated: all I had for dinner last night was an apple after I got back from my martial arts class. So it'll rebound by a pound or more tomorrow.

Sigh. Alright, I'm back in, after writing off the entire month of July for vacations of various sorts.

155 lbs today. Goal weight 145.

Back to the 1000-1200 calorie days and trying not to get too depressed about it.

Made a nice meal last night of a pouch of the Uncle Ben's Cajun rice (210 calories per serving), plus some Aidell's cajun andoullie-style chicken sausage (160 calories each, we had one each, diced small), plus a bell pepper and some spinach in a pan. Pretty darned good and filling with the rice. Fast to cook, too, since we were starving after they gym.

Good going the rest of you!

Aidell's cajun andoullie-style chicken sausage (160 calories each, we had one each...Pretty darned good and filling with the rice.

Sarah, I have never heard of that sausage...I have nearly kissed off sausage (which I absolutely love and crave). Do you happen to know what the fat numbers are on each 160 calories link?

Okay, I guess it is time for me to start posting here again. I am back up to 125lbs and need to be down to 110 lbs. I am only 5ft 1in. I need to watch portion size, exercise and watch out for my sweet tooth!

Aidells has a whole bunch of chicken sausages, and I've never tasted one that wasn't excellent. I get mine at Costco, but I think they have started carrying them in regualr grocery stores. I love the mango, and the habenero and green chili. They are low in calories, decent for fat content, a little high in sodium, and taste great. They are one of the tastiest things I've found that works well with my type 2 diabetes diet. I recommend them unreservedly. www.aidells.com

good going everyone, some determined folks out there.

I was 174.5 this morning - back within my target range again.

Last few days have been a washout exercise wise though. long days at work is my excuse.

Nice, I would even take the 126! I start my weigh in on August 4th when I begin my aqua fitness workout.

I have a fav restaurant that serves "Spa Margaritas"...the mix is made with Splenda so its just 150 calories...waiter, bring me another!

I have a fav restaurant that serves "Spa Margaritas"...the mix is made with Splenda so its just 150 calories...waiter, bring me another!

Great idea! My margarita is mostly lime juice and alcohol, though; not much sugar added.

We do like to save calories by doing drinks with diet sodas, ie. diet coke and rum. Or gin and diet tonic.

Oh, the sacrifices that must be made:D

End of week 20: down 1.4 lbs
Total Lost: 34.0 lbs

:D

The extra exercise saved my bacon again (mmm......bacon.....okay, the craving is now gone ;))

Bought new jeans at Costco a month ago (size 36). Thought they were 'stretched'. Today I bought 34's and they fit.

14 months into ER (and no attempt to lose weight) I knew I'd lost some. Got on the scale today. Down from 210+ to 188.

Damn, I wish I'd included food in the ER budget.:D

Bought new jeans at Costco a month ago (size 36). Thought they were 'stretched'. Today I bought 34's and they fit.

14 months into ER (and no attempt to lose weight) I knew I'd lost some. Got on the scale today. Down from 210+ to 188.

Damn, I wish I'd included food in the ER budget.:D

That sounds like a wonderful surprize - well done.

I've never lost weight without actually trying to :(

That sounds like a wonderful surprize - well done.

I've never lost weight without actually trying to :(

I tried on and off for years, but the pounds kept creeping up.

After retiring, the weight started dropping off at ~1/2 # per week; 3 years =~80 #.

At 6 months out I noticed my clothes were getting baggy (about 15 #).

I tried on and off for years, but the pounds kept creeping up.

After retiring, the weight started dropping off at ~1/2 # per week; 3 years =~80 #.

At 6 months out I noticed my clothes were getting baggy (about 15 #).

Roll on RE - that is very encouraging :cool:

...126#. Musta been the excessive margaritas over the past weekend:eek:

Great work everyone else!

125. :)

Will miss the weigh-in next week. We are going on vacation to Siesta Key, FL. Our friend is turning 40, and her DH rented a house on the key for us all to come party for the week. Woo-hoo!

Don't be surprised if I come back weighing several more pounds! :eek:

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
6/25: 193.0 16.0%
7/02: 191.4 15.8%
7/09: 196.0 16.5%
7/16: 193.2 15.9%
7/23: 194.8 16.0%
7/30: 191.8 16.0%
8/06: 190.0 16.0%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Weird. I started typing this at 8:06 AM on 8/06. Also weird that I hit my goal weight today. Most of the week I've weighed myself in the 192's. Again, I expect a little weight rebound tomorrow. When I got home from jiu jitsu, it was 9:30 and I wasn't hungry enough nor motivated enough to make dinner. So I had a slice of toast with peanut butter. And then I had some Dove Unconditional Chocolate Ice Cream. Yum...

Target range 170 - 175

7/31 174.5
8/6 177

Not a good week, and we are about to go away for a few days, so not a good way to start :p

154 today.
We had a big weekend, the 118th running of the Rockville Regatta, with much beer and bbq consumed while not watching the sailboat races at Mom & Dad's house.
Got a new schedule for workouts, this is my first week, so I'll have to see how it goes.

Got some girlfriends together and it looks like we are gonna try AQUATIC AEROBIC WORKOUTS in a few weeks. We are just awaiting confirmations and our floatation belts. We are going to use the www.watergym.com system. This should jump start my fitness program! OMG...I need a bathing suit pronto! I will be sure to post my results!

All time high - 262 (2005)
Recent high - 242 (last April)
07/08/08 - 238.4
07/15/08 - 237.2
07/22/08 - 237.4
07/29/08 - 234.4
08/06/08 - 234.4

First goal - 220

Wife is out of town, so I've been eating out too often. Not that I can't cook, just lazy. But at least I didn't gain. Blood sugar is still creeping down too - hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom