SilverScriptPlan Plan D

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I take a couple of inexpensive meds, So I'm looking at a cheap Plan D just to get me covered for the future.
I'm looking at Silver Scripts Choice Plan at $25.20.
Does anyone have this? Does it work for you?
Any other input welcome.

We renewed with SilverScripts this year. Part D is like health insurance in general: Hard to live with it and afraid to live without it. My wife has 2 really expensive meds they pay for, and about 10 meds that we could pay out of pocket just as inexpensively.

I had Silverscript Plan D last year, it worked Ok but I did not need to use it much (thankfully). The Silverscript premium was going to go up this year so I switched to Walmart Humana for only $13.50 per month. I have been on Medicare for 3 years now and I have switched my Part D coverage every year to get the lowest price.

Yikes, one of those inexpensive drugs turns out to be very expensive when I change my insurance. Now it's $10 a month with my insurance, pharmacy, and Pharmaceutical company working their deal.
The best paying Part D plans cover 53% of the cost which is around $230 a month.
The Pharmaceutical company has a deal, but only if you don't have a medicare plan.

Still looking.

Yikes, one of those inexpensive drugs turns out to be very expensive when I change my insurance. Now it's $10 a month with my insurance, pharmacy, and Pharmaceutical company working their deal.
The best paying Part D plans cover 53% of the cost which is around $230 a month.
The Pharmaceutical company has a deal, but only if you don't have a medicare plan.

Still looking.

So even though you are on Medicare the pharma company will still give you the $10 a month deal if you don't sign up for Part D? DH was getting a deal like this on a drug but when he turned 65 the deal went away, did not matter whether he was on a Part D or not the fact he was on Medicare ended the deal.

DH had SilverScripts for the first two years. He's on Diltiazem, which started at ~$40 for 90 days. When he last had it filled in 2019, it was $125, plus the premium went up this year.

We switched to WellCare, which is a pretty disorganized crew as far as paperwork processes go, but we just got his first package of drugs in the mail, and this Diltiazem was $7.50 with them, plus the premiums are about $20 less a month.

I hope to never have to switch again. The transfer of insurance wasn't bad, but getting the prescriptions transferred/restarted was a royal PITA.

Last edited:
So even though you are on Medicare the pharma company will still give you the $10 a month deal if you don't sign up for Part D? DH was getting a deal like this on a drug but when he turned 65 the deal went away, did not matter whether he was on a Part D or not the fact he was on Medicare ended the deal.

No, I think it is part of the deal with my existing BCBS after talking with my pharmacy. I'm only 90% certain, because when my doc first put me on the med he said this is very expensive, but, if you get it a XYZ pharmacy it is only $10. The 10% is because he had to know I had BCBS to get the deal.
It seems like maybe he did. I wonder if the insurance co is on the chart of all his patience.

Just in general, always check GoodRx. In many cases, their price will be less than your PDP. Same thing happens with people not on Medicare.

If you have expensive meds, check with manufacturer to see if they have a Prescription Assistance Program. I recently helped someone obtain Lumigan (glaucoma eye drops) for free and you don’t need to have a super low income to qualify. This person will save somewhere around $600-$1,000 this year.:)

Just in general, always check GoodRx. In many cases, their price will be less than your PDP. Same thing happens with people not on Medicare.

The best GoodRx price I find is $207.23 per month. I did see one deal for $167 per month, but that is still more than I will pay. This is a BP med called Edarbyclor, before my doc switched me to Edaryclor, the BP med I was taking was $3.42 a month.

If you have expensive meds, check with manufacturer to see if they have a Prescription Assistance Program. I recently helped someone obtain Lumigan (glaucoma eye drops) for free and you don’t need to have a super low income to qualify. This person will save somewhere around $600-$1,000 this year.:)

I have called both the pharmaceutical company and the company that administers their reduced price program, If I'm on Plan D there is no reduction in price. My retirement would survive an extra $2400 a year, but I won't do it, I'll have the doc figure a different cheaper BP Med.

Things might work out. The contact I made at the pharmaceutical company
sent an email to a specialty mail order pharmacy that has a cash direct program with my Pharmaceutical company. They can get the price down to $40, more than the $10 I'm paying now, but not $200.

Back
Top Bottom