TKR second time around... (More on the knee)

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm about a week away from my second TKR - we've been scrambling around getting stuff done before extended couch and easy chair time.
Replaced 2 faucets in the kids bathroom, replaced some disintegrated trim wood (it was some kind of flimsy pressed material) with some real wood- she put two coats of paint on it. Changed the serpentine belt and put two new blades on Mr. John Deere. I had never removed the mower unit the first time is an adventure...

This knee is different then the first which ached all the time. This one comes in spells - so when it's not hurting I start to question do I really need it..bam them it starts throbbing when I'm just sitting in my easy chair ... go figure? I've told them I want to return part time.. three days a week so I'll keep my insurance but I know it will be for short term. My heart isn't in it anymore...

Last edited:
Take the time you need to heal, perhaps being off work will give you a bit of rest and separation before going back. I continued work for the insurance benefit, too. It was sometimes a real drag, but now looking back, it was very much worth it. Hang in there!
Best wishes for recovery.

I've been wondering about you, best wishes for recovery. I do miss your posts. Glad to hear from you.

If this is your second TKR you already know to DO YOUR REHAB THERAPY religiously. DW had double knee replacement and she was a trooper. Her therapists always complemented her on her devotion to the somewhat painful rehab process. She got back WAY more than typical range of motion. Best luck and keep us informed, please.

I know a number of people who to the TKR in their 50's and are now looking at another one in the next 5 years of so. Hopefully, the technology will improve and give them good results.

Back
Top Bottom