What was Your Workout Today?

Glutamine often helps with post workout muscle aches. Easiest way to get it is in a whey protein shake. You can buy powdered whey at GNC or for less money at Walmart or similar store.

Thanks! - I'll have to get some.

A few days after my 1st leg workout, I developed hip pain to the point I could hardly walk. DW called the chiro, and I went to see him a few days later. I was almost back to normal by then, but he said that I overdid it on lunges and I should stick to hiking/biking for leg exercise. More reason for the Glutamine

Last edited:
Eleven difficult pushups, and a 5 minute walk down and up a local hill. Moderate weightlifting for right arm during St. Patricks Day pitcher-pouring.

Leg day this morning-

3x10 squats
3x10 calf presses
3x10 leg extensions
3x10 weighted crunches
3x10 leg curls
3x10 dead lifts

then 3 rounds of sled pushes and pulls, working up to 575 lbs on the sled. This is one exercise that really gets the heart pumping. I haven't used the sled much, but I might add this one to my normal leg workout.

31 miles of mountain running in a trail race today. I was far from the oldest out there today. A guy in his 60s (I'm 52) beat me by almost 1/2 hour. And I felt great today.

Wow....I ran one marathon, aged 41, and couldn't have added another 5 miles to it. Well done!

83 minute online HIIT routine, including strength training. Excluded abs portion. My plan going forward is to alternate days between a) cardio and abs and b) cardio and strength training. 6 days on and 1 day off.

March ended with a lot of resistance training the last week. April is power month, and is broken up into a cardio base week, a strength base week, and a 'crazy' power week.

This was 'cardio' week, except the cardio includes power moves.

Tuesday:
5 minute warmup on Stairmaster. Followed by 2 minutes at 100 steps-per-minute and then 1 minute rest at 80 steps-per-minute
10 135 Lbs sled pulls
15 wall balls (18 Lbs) superset with sprints - 8 rounds
ab complex of flutter kicks, leg raises and jackknives - too many to count

Wednesday:
2-minutes jumping rope superset with 15 burpees - 8 rounds
30 double kettle-bell swings superset with 30 reverse crunches - 5 rounds

Thursday: (I called this 'Trip to War and Back Again')
2 mile run
20 135 Lbs Thrusters
20 24-inch box jumps
20 overhead lunges with 45 Lbs plate
1 minute rest
20 overhead lunges with 45 Lbs plate
20 24-inch box jumps
20 135 Lbs Thrusters
2 mile run

It's amazing how much anxiety that Thursday's workout created. We were using all the biggest muscles and taxing them incredibly hard. The guy who designed it (who I guess is upper 1% of fitness) was gassed halfway through the first round of thrusters and had to stop and catch his breath. After a moment, we heard him say to himself, "this might have been a mistake".

Last edited:
Now that spring has arrived, it's time to get back in shape! Sunday hubby and I loaded 120 bales of hay, then unloaded and stacked at home. My back is still sore! Need to get those ab and back muscles strong again!

Today saddled up two horses for beginner riders and walked with them on a trail ride. First time out for the horses this spring and wanted to make sure they weren't feeling too frisky for the 11 year olds riding them (daughter and friend). All went smoothly.

Went to gym last night after dinner which was my normal time when working, but this was the first time doing so in almost 1 year since retiring. The trainers said, what are you doing here at this hour:D:D

I have been doing pretty much the same weightlifting workout each MWF as I was doing in January when I posted it. Today my lifts added up to 17.9 tons.

19.4 tons today, my highest of 2014 so far. I sure love those weight machines and they seem to give me exactly the results I need... namely feeling a little bit younger and stronger, which makes life so much more fun for me.

19.4 tons today, my highest of 2014 so far. I sure love those weight machines and they seem to give me exactly the results I need... namely feeling a little bit younger and stronger, which makes life so much more fun for me.

Good job on that heavy total!!!

I have to have a toenail removed tomorrow down to the nail bed, and will be in flip flops for a few weeks. I hope they let me into the gym with those. Also puts softball on hold for a while.

Good luck with that. I haven't seen anyone at my gym wearing flipflops, but I did see someone with a cast on their lower leg.

100 Hang Cleans and Front Squat Combos

This may be my new favorite exercise. A combination of two O-lifts; it does everything: fat loss, athleticism, speed, explosiveness, power, timing, balance, mental focus, range-of-motion, endurance, etc. It works all the major muscle groups, jacks up your heart rate, and the combination of the two exercises exposes weakness that are not evident when they're done seperately.

Last edited:
Walked 1/4 mile from my office to Walmart, picked up a footlong Black Forest Ham sandwich for lunch from the Subway inside WM, then walked the 1/4 mile back to work. So far, have only eaten 1/2 of the sandwich.

Walked 1/4 mile from my office to Walmart, picked up a footlong Black Forest Ham sandwich for lunch from the Subway inside WM, then walked the 1/4 mile back to work. So far, have only eaten 1/2 of the sandwich.

Phew...I worked up a sweat just reading that.......gonna have to sit down and rest for a bit!

Today was physical therapy on the shoulder (rotator cuff) repaired 2 weeks ago. Just range of movement stuff, makes me feel really old...

Today was yoga Friday. Gave me a chance to stretch out after some intense runs, hikes, and weightlifting this week.

I have been doing pretty much the same weightlifting workout each MWF as I was doing in January when I posted it. Today my lifts added up to 17.9 tons.

Same-o, same-o, every MWF of every week, week in and week out, la dee da, and I still love weightlifting for some reason. I don't know why! It's just fun and makes me feel younger and stronger.

I lifted 19.7 tons today, my new highest amount for 2014! :dance: Now, I hope I don't injure myself in the next two months because I'd love to lift 20 tons on my 66th birthday in June.

Last edited:
Same-o, same-o, every MWF of every week, week in and week out, la dee da, and I still love weightlifting for some reason. I don't know why! It's just fun and makes me feel younger and stronger.

I lifted 19.7 tons today, my new highest amount for 2014! :dance: Now, I hope I don't injure myself in the next two months because I'd love to lift 20 tons on my 66th birthday in June.

Persistance wins the race. I'm sure that you will make your June goal.

Reactions: W2R
Back
Top Bottom