Comparing the 1987 crash to current one

I decided to scope out somewhat to show 3 years of each decline and the bottoms of past recessions. Also I removed the 1987 crash as it was not accompanied by a recession. In place of it I put the 1973-74 recession which did not include a sudden crash phase.

image2.jpg

I guess the title of this thread is now out of date. Oh well.

Great stuff Lsbcal, thanks! The charts tell us no two pullbacks are the same, but they all end well eventually so far. 1929 had to be brutal, glad I missed that one. I stayed the course in 87, 00, 08-09 and 20 - but I wonder if I’d have been so resolute in 1929...

Last edited:
Ahhhh .... I recall the 1987 correction.

Preflighting for another 10 hour all night flight out of Lajes, Azores. Had finished up preflight and was spinning through worldwide radio stations ... uh oh.

Zip I could do about it ... I had long invested and followed the market ... gah ... no phones (that I could use to call brokers), no online anything except classified military communication networks ... no way to get up to date info.

So, just kept working and flying ... several months later back from deployment ... and, I guess the lesson I learned was set.

I work the edges to buy when low (since I couldn’t in 1987), but don’t do much except try and be smart about allocations ... and, stay the course.

I started a new thread that continues this chart but with the 1987 data removed as shown in my last post here.

Back
Top Bottom