Dow and Nasdaq sync

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone else notice the Dow and Nasdaq don't fluctuate together as much as they have in other years?

There seems to be a more obvious sector rotation this year (out of tech - that had such a crazy runup last year).

I find it a bit odd that so much financial reporting is summarized by the DJIA (such as at the commercial break on the local news). I don't know the % of DJIA held by folks vs. S&P 500 but I would think it's quite a bit less than the tech stocks.

There seems to be a more obvious sector rotation this year (out of tech - that had such a crazy runup last year).

Yes.

For example, Kellogg is up nearly 8% as I write this. I don't have this stock, but my other boring stocks like that have been doing well. I do not have enough of them to overcome the drop of my tech stocks though.

Earlier in the year, when all you saw on the Web was articles about Cathy Wood and her ARK funds, that was the pinnacle of high P/E stocks like Tesla, and more outrageously, non-E stocks. Non-sales, non-product, non-factory stocks even, just like the dot-coms in 2000.

Yep, just like in 2000 when Kevin Landis and other tech fund managers were heralded as heroes who knew about the "new economy", and guys like Buffett were outdated and should be retiring. :)

PS. I have not divested of my tech stocks, because they all have reasonable P/E, on par with the S&P. I believe they go down because of "guilt by association".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom