Oh sh$# no body told me this

I had a "friend" once who had absolutely safe 14% bonds and couldn't understand why I didn't send him money. I see 12% is the new "safe with no lost"

Thank you LFoG: I have been living in despair since the snow has melted. Now I'm filled with life again. PS: Just over 180 days until winter.

"Foreclosure consultant"? Hmm..... Maybe he is referring to buying property tax liens? IL promises up to 18% interest every 6 months on your money (36% per year). At least they did some number of years back.

I just found the way to build my plan never pay taxes, no loss and avg return 12%.

Yeah, it's fun to dream but sadly that's not reality.

Taxes? There's no way to avoid them entirely (death and taxes), but you can get tax advantages with an IRA. If it's a traditional IRA you won't pay taxes on your savings until you retire and start making withdrawals. Or, you can start a Roth IRA and pay the taxes up front so you can make withdrawals tax free later on.

No Loss? FDIC insured savings accounts or Certificates of Deposit (CD's) will give you that but the returns are much lower. Maybe 1-2% for Savings and 2-4% for CD's right now.

12% Return? Possibly in the short run with a stock heavy portfolio. I think my Vanguard index fund was earning around 11% earlier this year, but that was only short term. There have since been losses that dropped the average return significantly. I think CD's were paying around 10% back in the 1980's, but that was before my time. Current CD's don't pay anywhere near that.

Good luck!

Wel, OP's profile page states:
Interests:

Proving everyone wrong.

Doesn't sound like someone interested in learning, and it also doesn't sound like someone that anyone could learn from.

I'd prefer:

Interests:

Finding the truth, especially if it shows I was wrong about something.

It's called 'growth'.

Nothing to see here folks.

-ERD50

Mods must be just sitting back eating popcorn...

With forum members like who have commented so far, we do not need mods.

Funny how members may disagree on the politics that we need to prosper, but when it comes to making 12% year in/year out with no loss, the concensus is very clear: No way!

Funny how members may disagree on the politics that we need to prosper, but when it comes to making 12% year in/year out with no loss, the consensus is very clear: No way!

But if I could get a guaranteed 12%, would I take out a mortgage? :)

-ERD50

An Improvement to the OP's Plan

You guys should be offering the OP constructive criticism.

A 10% WR would improve the OP's plan. Last week that's what Dave R. told a caller she could annually pull from her savings.

See, I am being constructive. :D

The thread title reminds me of the "People in [insert your town] are using this simple trick to..." that you see online everywhere.

But I've already wasted too much time on this one....

I want in on this! Or maybe something a little different. Student loan refinancing? Credit card debt relief? IRS penalty payments via iTunes cards? Vacation giveaways? Laundering money for Nigerian princes?

Surely there's a way for a lazy oaf like me to get rich quick. I just have to answer the right phone call, e-mail or forum post.

Thanks, mods, for letting us kick this one around a bit. You can close it any time now.

Has the OP left the building yet?

Just curious if he is sticking around or is just another flash like we have seen many times...

He probably sits in the 12% tax bracket, will live off of LTCG, and really just means he doesn't pay 12% tax. Returns are a different story...

More than 60 posts in this thread. Proof retirees have too much time on their hands!

Do you ever think these types of OP’s and thread’s are actually started by the MODs to watch us chase our tails around?

Do you ever think these types of OP’s and thread’s are actually started by the MODs to watch us chase our tails around?
Not a chance. This is a legitimate thread. Besides, some stuff you just can't make up. And all those emoticons? Really...

The post could have been improved with a declarative statement about the correct time to draw Social Security!

This is an interesting idea but really; I think they could be more creative. The options are endless...

Username: warmroller
Thread: I got rich in dryer sheet futures; U can 2

Username: proudcheapo
Thread: Out of the closet! LBYM is not shameful...

Username: 1slick1
Thread: Young grad, career choice: FA or Amway?

:nonono:

The thread title reminds me of the "People in [insert your town] are using this simple trick to..." that you see online everywhere.
LOL!

"The simple strategy they don't want you to know..."

mods must be just sitting back eating popcorn...
. popcorn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, I’ve made 20% tax free..... for one year on money in a Roth. Now if I can figure out how to do it again and again and again......... you can all visit me on my yacht.

Back
Top Bottom