VCVLX- Vanguard Capital Value Fund

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was considering buying a chunk of this and DCA'ing into it over the next few months (Simple IRA). Any reasons why I should not? It's trading pretty low right now....seems like a deal

thanks

What are you thoughts on the fund not keeping up with its category or index? The funds holdings do seem set right for a market change (more financials and less energy) ....we do want to buy low! I recently moved some money into JSVAX- Janus Contrarion Fund for similar reasons. The expense ratio is higher than VCVLX but the fund out performs its category and index by a wide margin.

Hoping to learn from you. I am new to the forum and most of my investments are in mutual funds.

My initial reason for looking at this was the dramatic drop in share price over the last year. Other than that, I have no basis for buying it. Just seems cheap

well, for the record i waited til sept and bought a nice chunk, then dca'd a same size chunk over the next 4 months...which effectively has returned about 80% since i made the investment....not too bad! good thing i didnt go all-in in july....although i'd still be up a considerable amount

Back
Top Bottom