Availability of Public Bathrooms

I am interested in doing a trip by car. I can get to my destination in less than a day and I can pack my food and beverages but I will need to stop at least twice for bathroom breaks. I have made this trip many times and the usual places I stop for bathroom breaks are not open. The visitor center I normally stop at has not reopened and the fast food places are open for drive through only. There are some gas stations that are open but my experience in the past with them is not good--usually dirty. DH might be able to go behind a tree but for me (female) that is a more difficult option.

What are folks who are traveling by car doing for bathroom stops?

Wawa is our go to potty stop in town. Truck stops on the highway. Our rest stops are usually in good shape but we don't seem to have many. Gloves on on the way in and then off just before getting back into the car. And, of course, wearing a mask.

Bathroom solution

I just purchased a Freshette female urinary device on Amazon that you can use sitting down in a car or standing up like a guy!!! I wish I knew about this long ago!

sg, I am not inclined to click on a link I know nothing about can you tell us what this is? Thanks!

Absolutely! I did a quick search on where to find clean restrooms while traveling. The link that I posted was the results that popped up as a result of the search. Typically, when I do a search for something or someone, I will not click on any links that I think someone would want to see. I just post the results of the search.

I ditto you on clicking on the unknown links too! It is wise to be precautionary.

Completed a drive from Texas to Vermont a couple weeks ago.... restrooms were plentiful at truck/gas stops and rest areas. Easy peasy.

Completed a drive from Texas to Vermont a couple weeks ago.... restrooms were plentiful at truck/gas stops and rest areas. Easy peasy.

Were the restrooms clean? There are always gas station restrooms available on my route but in the past they have been pretty nasty.

Be sure to take it with you if you go somewhere with snow.
You can write your name in the snow :LOL:

Sort of like this:

Attachments

• snow_writing.jpg
    snow_writing.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 26
There's Something About Mary - Rest stop scene

There's Something About Mary - Rest stop scene

I think about this when I travel...then head for the trees

I made it to my mountain cabin today-2 bathroom stops. One at a visitor center that had reopened and one behind a bush!!!

Were the restrooms clean? There are always gas station restrooms available on my route but in the past they have been pretty nasty.

Yes, they were clean... especially the rest area and truck stop restrooms.

I made it on my trip to the NC mountains. I stopped for two bathroom breaks-once at a clean visitors center that had finally opened up and once behind a bush--ugh. The NC mountains have not had many outbreaks yet and they do no seem to be taking the virus seriously--very few masks seen(even though the masks are now required in NC). Many cars with Florida license plates so I bet the numbers start increasing here very soon. And of course the little hospital here has only 6 ICU beds and no ventilators. I am not sure how long I am going to stay but the temperatures here are wonderful, high of 76 today.

Home improvement stores all have bathrooms.

We used to pack a cooler bag for long trips and stop at gas stations but now we stop at grocery stores and then grab a snack or some lunch while we're there.

All the GA, AL, MS, LA, and TX rest areas and Welcome Center bathrooms were open and had TP.

I was a bit worried about aerosols.

All the GA, AL, MS, LA, and TX rest areas and Welcome Center bathrooms were open and had TP.

I was a bit worried about aerosols.
Way back in the beginning, and maybe stillz they were talking about time spent in presence of someone infected. 15 minutes was quoted frequently as a dangerous maximum. I have wondered if that applies to all aerosol situations like bathrooms, gyms etc.?

Back
Top Bottom