Small Travel Trailers - Should I?

Having never owned an RV or travel trailer, I don't know whether you should buy one or not. But if was to buy a small travel trailer, I always thought these were clever T@B Teardrop Trailers. Best of luck whatever you decide.

We've been through the whole progression from tent to popup to motor home to trailer to nothing and back to a trailer. I'm spending the summer in our 19 foot trailer as a campground host. 150 sq feet of living space is pretty cozy but it is plenty for me. I like the small size as it is lighter and easier to tow and maneuver. The only thing I don't like is the corner bed but in a small trailer you just don't have the room for a walk around queen!

Having never owned an RV or travel trailer, I don't know whether you should buy one or not. But if was to buy a small travel trailer, I always thought these were clever T@B Teardrop Trailers. Best of luck whatever you decide.

I used to camp in a Teardrop when we were 16 years old. And they're really popular trailers to tow long distances. But new units are also expensive.

You still cannot beat a pop up camper if you're going to be traveling many miles. Their beds slide out, the top raises, and an a/c-heat unit can be mounted on the roof to keep you comfortable.

The best thing about pop ups is that they're readily available on the used market, and you can use one for a couple of years and resell it for what you paid for it.

Our small trailer was made by the T@b people, its a T@da, 18.5' total length, 2,200 lbs empty. We tow it with our Jeep Liberty diesel which is way overkill (it can tow 5K lbs here but rated at 7K+ lbs in Europe with identical drivetrain). They only sold the T@da a couple years and it has the same value as new although DW says I can sell it when I pry it out of her cold, dead hands.

Attachments

• T@da.jpg
    T@da.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom