What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I just finished watching the first 22 episodes of Heartland, a Canadian TV series set in Alberta. I watched this because:
(1) I have a relative who is horse-crazy, and I'm trying to understand where the fascination comes from. So far, no luck. :nonono:
(2) I enjoy the gorgeous Alberta scenery. If I didn't know better, I would guess that this show is produced by the Alberta tourism board to stimulate business. :)

I don't know if I can stick with the series through 11 seasons (a 12th is currently under production). There is an old joke that claims that women like romantic dramas where the participants yearn forever to consummate their relationship without ever actually getting around to doing the deed, whereas men are the exact opposite, wanting to consummate as quickly as possible with a minimum of preliminary drama. Heartland seems to fall in the first camp, so I guess it qualifies as 'family entertainment'.

I checked the next Heartland DVD out of the library, so I guess I'm on board for another 23 episodes. :facepalm:

Mr. Sunshine. Just absolutely fantastic. Incredible cinematography.

Early US involvement (from 1871) in the Chosun Empire. Through to the ultimate Japanese annexation in 1910. Terrific story and acting.

Last edited:
I just discovered North Woods Law on Animal Planet, all about game wardens and the duties they perform (which are a lot broader than I thought). Super interesting show.

We have been shying away from unlimited series. Game of Thrones has overstayed its welcome. Mad Men and The Americans went way too long. Billions was good for two seasons and is now becoming trite. Big Little Lies was great because it was a one-season series but now they are extending it. Ugh. I prefer a beginning and an end in a nice one-season package, like the anthologies within HBO's True Detective. Or Godless.

Enjoying “God friended me “. However, really looking forward to “daredevil”!

Manifest
New Amsterdam
A Million Little Things

We just finished Ozark and waiting for the latest season of Better Call Saul.

"Manifest"

and the "MLB Playoffs" (can't get any newer "series" than that :LOL:)

We have been shying away from unlimited series. Game of Thrones has overstayed its welcome. Mad Men and The Americans went way too long. Billions was good for two seasons and is now becoming trite. Big Little Lies was great because it was a one-season series but now they are extending it. Ugh. I prefer a beginning and an end in a nice one-season package, like the anthologies within HBO's True Detective. Or Godless.

Yes. We had to stop watching Orange Is the New Black because this season (and the last two) is just showing off and making it up as they go along. I think a lot if shows start with the creators knowing the end and then the networks start throwing money at them and the shows suffer. I’m curious to see if Sneaky Pete
will hold up through the third season.

If you like the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan films (Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger), then you must watch the new Amazon produced series on Amazon Prime - it is really excellent. John Krasinski is Jack Ryan and does a great job with the role.

I binge watched all the episodes over one weekend.

Just throwing this out to nobody....

But this thread was for NEW series... seems a lot of people are putting in old ones...

Just sayin....

Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime. My wife waits like a kid for Christmas for each new season.

Watched the first few episodes of 'Mr Inbetween' on FX and it's pretty good. It's an Australian series about a tough guy for hire who also has a soft side. Might be too much violence for some.

Watched the first few episodes of 'Mr Inbetween' on FX and it's pretty good. It's an Australian series about a tough guy for hire who also has a soft side. Might be too much violence for some.

We had just gotten back from Australia when it started. We like it pretty much. I crack up when he gets his grin on right before he's ready to pop.

Tried to make it through a couple of episodes of Mayans just because we liked SOA. Couldn't take any more.

Last edited:
Just throwing this out to nobody....

But this thread was for NEW series... seems a lot of people are putting in old ones...

Just sayin....

We’ll try “Rookie” when it starts soon. Liked reborn Murphy Brown’s first episodes.

I'm enjoying Mr. Mercedes on the Audience Network (via DirecTV). Season 1 was excellent and the new season is pretty good too. The show is based on a Stephen King novel.

I love science fiction. So I watch a lot of that, but it’s not necessarily new.
Manifest, definitely. (NBC) I’m recording it to skip the commercials.
The Good Place - I haven’t seen the new season yet.
Stopped watching Orange is the new Black after a few seasons.
Dark is great, also Sense8.
If you haven’t seen Orphan Black...I loved it.

Last edited:
We’ll try “Rookie” when it starts soon. Liked reborn Murphy Brown’s first episodes.

LOL... your thoughts on Murphy might indicate your political leanings... I did not like it just because it was too over the top on politics...

Yep, I am looking forward to Rookie also, the clips make it look interesting...

LOL... your thoughts on Murphy might indicate your political leanings... I did not like it just because it was too over the top on politics...

Yep, I am looking forward to Rookie also, the clips make it look interesting...

Ha! I also liked Roseanne’s reboot last season—my political leanings are all over the place including in the voting booth. Lips now zipped.

Back
Top Bottom