What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I’ve been watching a couple of series from Columbia. Wild District is about a man that was taken from his family as a young boy to fight with the guerrillas during the war. The second one, Lanina, is based on the same type of character, except the character is a young girl. The Wild district, I hope comes back for another season. Lanina has more than 80 episodes and it’s getting a little soap operaish but it is also pretty good. It’s just an interesting concept for a series since it’s an eye opening glimpse into another world.

Has anybody watched Bodyguard (BBC) on Netflix? Holy cow!!!!!! Serious adrenalin rush, pretty much all the way through. It stressed me out a bit, but I enjoyed it very, very much. If you liked Homeland (the first two seasons), you would like this.

Watching it now. Yes, it's pretty intense. IMHO, it differs from the typical American series in that the powers that be are women and even the protagonist seems to be a pawn in their machinations to some extent.

I just wrapped up Luther (not a new series, but also on netflix, also british crime drama - and I far prefer Idris Elba to Rob Stark)
+1@ Luther

Has anybody watched Bodyguard (BBC) on Netflix? Holy cow!!!!!! Serious adrenalin rush, pretty much all the way through. It stressed me out a bit, but I enjoyed it very, very much. If you liked Homeland (the first two seasons), you would like this.
This looks interesting, but I'm reluctant to start watching something that will be interrupted with a long wait for the next season.

Yes - i'm on episode 4 - pretty good!

I just wrapped up Luther (not a new series, but also on netflix, also british crime drama - and I far prefer Idris Elba to Rob Stark)

If you like Idris Elba, he has a great role as a villain in HBO's outstanding police drama, The Wire.

+1@ Luther

This looks interesting, but I'm reluctant to start watching something that will be interrupted with a long wait for the next season.
You don't have to watch Season 2 (if there's a season 2). No cliffhanger at the end. From my experience with BBC crime dramas, they seem to always wrap things up within their allotted 6 episodes.

Just throwing this out...

I have noticed that the new Higgins is much more involved in the plot and finding out what has happened than the old Higgins in Magnum...

Not great... but also not a complete dud....

Facebook

PBS 2 episodes on Facebook... An absolutely awesome story. Available on ROKU, or online.
https://www.pbs.org/video/the-facebook-dilemma-part-one-voajnk/
A world of technology beyond my wildest imagination. Possibly the biggest effect on the world's society, war and peace, and everything in between.
If you think you know... this might change your mind. It opened up a depth of humanity that is overwhelming.

Last edited:
We’ve been watching Bodyguard, and on Acorn we just finished East West 101. We very much enjoyed East West 101, which is an Australian police show featuring a Muslim detective. The show featured multicultural clashes, terrorism and the effect on the personal lives of the detectives. We very much liked both shows.

PBS 2 episodes on Facebook... An absolutely awesome story. Available on ROKU, or online.
https://www.pbs.org/video/the-facebook-dilemma-part-one-voajnk/
A world of technology beyond my wildest imagination. Possibly the biggest effect on the world's society, war and peace, and everything in between.
If you think you know... this might change your mind. It opened up a depth of humanity that is overwhelming.

Wow....guess I need to watch it again.

Killing Eve is free on AMC if you can get it. It’s on demand for 26 more days. OMG it’s so good.

DW and I watched the series "Jack Ryan" on Amazon. A tad violent, but good.

Jack Ryan - awesome on Amazon - Bosch, awesome on Amazon...trying to decide if I should get Britbox or Acron....

DW and I watched the series "Jack Ryan" on Amazon. A tad violent, but good.

Ah...I want to watch this but we have *just* started watching "The Office" and I don't think I can disassociate the character of "Jim" right now to see him as "Jack" :D It's already odd watching Jenna Fisher in "The Office" and "Splitting Up Together"...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom