What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Killing Eve is free on AMC if you can get it. It’s on demand for 26 more days. OMG it’s so good.

Well, thanks... I downloaded the shows and will watch in the next month...

This isn't new, but Season 6 of House of Cards. Slow in first episodes, then gets good! Kevin Spacey (Francis) passed away. Left due to sexual misconduct. Claire Underwood is the president.

Has anybody watched Bodyguard (BBC) on Netflix? Holy cow!!!!!! Serious adrenalin rush, pretty much all the way through. It stressed me out a bit, but I enjoyed it very, very much. If you liked Homeland (the first two seasons), you would like this.

DW finds Bodyguard so intense she needs a hour before bedtime to decompress with a lighter show or a book. About 2 more episodes to go.

We're also watching Scott & Bailey (Amazon Prime). Google British crime drama with 2 female detectives in the Manchester Metropolitan Police. 5 seasons.

Dexter. Michael C. Hall, from Six Feet Under, does a great job as a potential disturbed killer trying to use his internal demons for good. Watched first five episodes flying back to Hawaii, downloading the next seven for this weekend's return trip to the mainland ( where my HS sr. daughter competes as Hawaiian State XC Champion in the Nike regionals-����#proudDad).

Currently in the queue are Stan Lee's Lucky Man, Westworld, Taken, Shooter, Salvation, S.W.A.T., Instinct, The Frankenstein Chronicles and Elementary.

Watching Timeless Season 2 as I type.

DW finds Bodyguard so intense she needs a hour before bedtime to decompress with a lighter show or a book. About 2 more episodes to go.

I can totally relate! I’m known to binge watch TV shows, but I had to slow myself down with this series. It was just too intense.

We're also watching Scott & Bailey (Amazon Prime). Google British crime drama with 2 female detectives in the Manchester Metropolitan Police. 5 seasons.

I loved that show too. I really like BBC crime dramas.

Dexter. Michael C. Hall, from Six Feet Under, does a great job as a potential disturbed killer trying to use his internal demons for good. Watched first five episodes flying back to Hawaii, downloading the next seven for this weekend's return trip to the mainland ( where my HS sr. daughter competes as Hawaiian State XC Champion in the Nike regionals-����#proudDad).
Dexter is a great series. Maybe time to watch it again. Meanwhile I'm reading the books it's based on.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread. I have some problems with the technical basis in some of these movies. For instance, in Bodyguard our hero looks at an encrypted tablet and the cheat sheet with the password on paper is apparently right next to the unit. Really? They have got to be kidding as this is zero security from MI5.

In the first show of House of Cards new season, Claire goes about the White House looking into a strange noise from the walls. It turns out to be a small bird that she lets escape from a punched hole in the wall. She catches it in her hands (not shown how she manages this) and lets it go outside. Really an unbelievable event.

I guess I'm too critical but I like to see a thoughtful presentation instead of silly fantasy ideas. Are American audiences so forgiving? Apparently so.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread. I have some problems with the technical basis in some of these movies. For instance, in Bodyguard our hero looks at an encrypted tablet and the cheat sheet with the password on paper is apparently right next to the unit. Really? They have got to be kidding as this is zero security from MI5.

In the first show of House of Cards new season, Claire goes about the White House looking into a strange noise from the walls. It turns out to be a small bird that she lets escape from a punched hole in the wall. She catches it in her hands (not shown how she manages this) and lets it go outside. Really an unbelievable event.

I guess I'm too critical but I like to see a thoughtful presentation instead of silly fantasy ideas. Are American audiences so forgiving? Apparently so.

Well, Bodyguard is a British series, so apparently they are equally forgiving in the UK. :)

I do know what you mean though. There are times when it's really hard to ignore something that seems so completely obviously wrong to me because it's an area where I have some expertise.

But then there have been times when I was watching and enjoying some military drama only to have DH and his best friend start explaining why "that could never happen", which kind of spoils things.

If you like documentaries, try Wild Wild Country on Netflix. Crazy fascinating true story. 6 episodes.....

I know! Isn't this the craziest thing you've ever seen? And I do not remember the news coverage or that it actually happened IN THIS COUNTRY! It makes you laugh and cry at the same time. I was glued to the TV.

I know! Isn't this the craziest thing you've ever seen? And I do not remember the news coverage or that it actually happened IN THIS COUNTRY! It makes you laugh and cry at the same time. I was glued to the TV.

It was hard to believe it really happened...

Just finished watching Killing Eve... yes, that was a great TV show..

Hope I can get next season also...

We just finished the first season of Billions on Showtime. Some of the story seems pretty bogus but it’s still great entertainment.

Just finished the first season of "A Discovery of Witches". UK series that has been renewed, was very well done.

We just finished the first season of Billions on Showtime. Some of the story seems pretty bogus but it’s still great entertainment.
The story line is actually pretty accurate, it is just the distillation of many people and events into a few people and one time line.

The story line is actually pretty accurate, it is just the distillation of many people and events into a few people and one time line.

My main objection was the appearance that ALL hedge fund success relies on insider trading and an influx of "tips". Sure, there is going to be some of that. But the show really makes it look like people are sitting around waiting for "tips" of questionable origin to be called in, and not doing any due diligence type research. I don't buy that.

Oh yeah, and the rich guy buys a big expensive house down the beach from the US Attorney's Dad's place, therefore he must be crooked and it's time to go after him.

House of Cards S6 was disappointing. After the first three eps had to be redone (without Kevin Spacey) it appears the writers and production crew were rushed. Continuity problems, plot holes, important story lines that are simply dropped, what a mess. Relative to the earlier seasons, I'd rate S6 as one of the worst crash and burns in TV history.

I looked at the older posts back to June and did not see where anyone suggested this series: "The Bridge" (or "Bron"). It's a Danish/Swedish co-production TV series that started in 2011.

I just finished watching Season One (10 episodes). It is NEW to me. And I guess it still qualifies as "new" because, after a hiatus of some years, a new season started this year of 2018.

I haven't seen Season 2 yet (I'm on hold for it at my local library). If you don't know Swedish or Danish, you need to follow along with the English sub-titles. But the show was so engrossing, the sub-titles didn't bother me one bit.

Please do not spoil it by reading about the plot anything beyond the first episode, because the plot is brilliant. So is the acting, writing, directing and production. (I don't know if Season 2 measures up to Season 1...yet.)

The series was so good that it has become an international franchise. "The Tunnel" is the British version. While waiting for Season 2, I am now watching the American version of "The Bridge"--and it is a poor distant cousin to the original. Especially the main actress. The original Saga is superb!

If you have not seen ANY of the international versions, and specifically not the original Danish/Swedish version, please check out Season 1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom